Legend is a tabletop RPG developed by an independent team of gamers over the course of two years. Building on the foundations of the Open Gaming License, Legend has created a new and novel system dedicated to cinematic combat and a smoother gameplay experience. Legend takes familiar core mechanics and incorporates them into a new system emphasizing versatility, balance and fun.
Legend was designed, as our name suggests, with the “Rule of Cool” in mind. We have a strong core game where abilities matter, classes are designed for broad appeal and customization is key. When you take a feat, you’re investing in a significant and valuable ability. Our system allows you to “multiclass” vertically rather than horizontally, exchanging part of your class for part of another wholesale rather than having to choose between concept and playability.
- Eight Core Classes covering a wide variety of archetypes, with supplementary material ready to customize them further.
- All-new Feats represent significant expansions of your character’s abilities – no more feat chain filler!
- Rewritten spellcasting puts a check on “linear warriors, quadratic wizards” while still giving casters a breadth of options.
- The Track system allows you to tailor your character to your concept, multiclassing without trading away power or utility.
- Twelve months of free downloadable content.
- Optional Legendary rules allow you to tailor the scope of individual encounters or even the entire game!
Here at Rule of Cool Games, we always value feedback and are eager to respond to your questions and comments. Drop us a line about anything: rules, exploits, tabletop gaming, content you’d like to see… whatever you have to say, we’d like to listen!
Rule of Cool Games Staff
Press Contact & Publicity
#Legend on irc.gamesurge.net