When you’re buying your magic trinkets off the shelf, you know that you’re getting something that’s reliable, comfortable and has passed at least rudimentary testing to make sure that it won’t blow up in your face once you turn it on. This is, of course, a) boring and b) lame, and we will absolutely not stand for it! Every tinkerer, inventor and part-time gnome knows that there’s nothing quite like the barbarian’s face once she cleaves something apart with the sword you spent weeks perfecting (at least, once her eyebrows grow back from the previous time you tried testing that sword). With a roll of tape, some elbow grease and a handy dandy manual, you can turn your party from a bunch of predictably geared chumps into a band of deadly warriors wielding customized tools that are just right for the job, and that your enemies will never see coming.
Here are just a couple of ideas for new gear:
- Gaudy Shield: With a shield like this, you don’t mind sticking out like a sore thumb.
- Greater shield: +2 deflection bonus to Armor Class
- Proactive: Any opponent that ends its turn within your [Melee] range takes damage equal to your KDM.
- Propulsion Suit: Fly circles around your enemies while blasting them with waves of energy. Do not operate while under the influence of alcohol.
- Relic armor +4 item bonus to Armor Class
- Flying: Grants fly speed equal to your base speed and a +10 ft bonus to all movement speeds.
- Streamlined: Grants a +20 ft bonus to all your movement speeds.
- Forceful: Once per [Encounter], as a standard action, you may inflict [HP Reduction] equal to your level + KOM on all opponents within [Close] range and make them [Blown away]. A successful Fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ your level + your KOM) negates the [Blown away] condition.
- Hammer of Thunder: The perfect gift for someone who likes throwing lightning almost as much as he likes throwing hammers.
- Artifact weapon: +4 item bonus to attack rolls
- Brutal 2: 3+1/3 character level bonus to damage
- Throwing: Can be used in melee or thrown into [Close] range
- Extradimensional: You may call or dismiss this weapon at any time for no action cost, be it after being disarmed, during an attack action, or at any other point.
- Storming: Once per [Encounter], you may use call lightning, and once per [Scene], you may use lightning storm, as the spells. The DC for these spells is equal to 10 + ½ your level + your KOM.