Author Topic: Cavalier & Mecha pilot  (Read 2552 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Cavalier & Mecha pilot
« on: June 25, 2013, 09:38:59 AM »
These 2 tracks are synergetic, but otherwise unrelated. Consider cavalier a 1.0 compatible version of my old mounted savant track, which shouldn't be used anymore.

Cavalier
Cavaliers are complete masters of their mount, not matter what form it takes

Your Key offensive modifier is Dexterity, unless your Key Defensive Modifier  is dexterity

1st-One with your mount: you gain a +3 bonus to ride checks, may mount a mount as a swift action,automatically make any reflex save to remain on your mount.

2nd -Life in the saddle:   Choose one of the following abilities:
   Trample: When you charge, you may pass through your opponent’s space. They must make a reflex save (DC 10+1/2 your level + your KOM) or fall [Prone]
   Show rider: While mounted, you may use the “Surprising an opponent” function of acrobatics with a ride check without reducing your speed.
   Sweep up:  If you move through an ally’s space and there is room for them on your mount, they may mount with no action cost

3rd-Improved mount: Whether through care and nurturing or mechanical tinkering, you can improve your mount's capabilities.  You may equip an additional lesser or greater item with the [Mount] descriptor.

4th - Whiplash: When you take a move or run action, opponents within [Melee] range of squares you move out of are [Slowed] for 1 [Round]. A reflex save(DC 10+1/2 your level + your KOM) negates the [Slowed] condition. A single creature cannot be affected by this ability more than once per [Round]

5th - Ace Custom: Your personal mount has a unique ability. Select one of the following:
   Transformer: As part of a move action, you can alter the size of your mount,to any size square from 1 square to the mount’s normal size. If doing so does not leave room in the mount for all occupants, excess occupants are forcibly dismounted. You may choose which characters are removed. You cannot transform if there is not room for the new size. When you transform, opponents in [Melee] range are [Blown Away]
[Warp] drive: Once per scene, as  a standard action, you can use teleport, as the spell, targeting your mount and all of its occupants.    
Hanger bay: Mounts may dock inside your mount. They take up as much space as they take up squares, and cannot use any of their abilities while mounted. A rider on a docked mount acts as a passenger to your mount. A mount’s rider can dock or undock their mount for the same action cost they could mount or unmount your mount. As a standard action, you may allow all docked mounts inside your mount to undock and move up to their speed.    
   Medical Bay: Twice per [Encounter], as a standard action, you may use heal on anyone in your mount as a spell like ability

6th- Unstoppable mount: While mounted, you are immune to [Slowed], and any effect that would reduce your movement speed.

7th - Autopilot: Once per [Round], If you use a move action for anything other than moving, you may move your mount up to its movement speed.

Mecha Pilot
A Mecha pilot utilizes a powerful mech as his mount, which vastly increases his combat abilities. While others can pilot it in a pinch, only its pilot can properly utilize its power.

Your Key offensive modifier is Dexterity, unless your Key Defensive Modifier  is dexterity

1st-Personal Mecha: You gain access to a mount as if you had the ride skill trained, even if you do not, and you can control it in combat even if  you do not have the ride skill trained. This mount is refereed to as your personal mount; if another ability grants you a mount you may designate that your personal mount instead. You Automatically make any reflex save to remain on your personal mount.
Additionally, your personal mount grants the following benefits to those who ride it:
Their size increases to [Large],
They gain gain access to a natural weapon with 3 properties of your choice besides [Quick draw] or [Barbed]. This weapon can be either melee or ranged, and is chosen at the beginning of a [Scene]
Automatically count as using heavy armor(this can be forgone if they possess magic armor).

2nd - Battle armor: Your personal mount also acts as a magic shield. It is a Lesser item of your design with enchantments as normal for a magic shield of its tier (see Chapter XIII), but does not  count against your normal limit of attuned magic items. When you gain your 4th circle in Mecha Pilot, redesign this armor as a  Greater item, and when you gain your 6th circle, redesign it as a Relic. All properties aside from the deflection bonus to armor class(not counting masterwork) only function for you.

3rd-Upgrade:  You may equip an additional lesser or greater item with the [Mount] descriptor.

4th-Giant Mech:You gain a +3 bonus to ride checks.
 Your personal mount grants its rider a +10ft bonus to their [Melee] range, and all weapons they wield gain [Distant], if applicable.

5th- Computer network: As a swift action, while mounted on your personal mount, you can access your targeting computer, gaining a +4 to all attacks,  a +3 to all DCs, or a +5 bonus to any knowledge skill checks . This bonus lasts for one [Round].

6th- Active absorption: Your personal mount grants its rider [Lesser resistance] to all damage.
    Additionally, when mounted on your personal mount, once per [Encounter] you may negate a the effects of single supernatural ability, spell-like ability, or spell from yourself as an immediate action.

7th - Block the moon: Once per [Encounter], while mounted on your  personal mount, as a standard action, you may move up to your speed, and make an attack with the [Volley] descriptor against all opponents in [Close] range, which has 4x level bonus to the damage.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:07:42 PM by Mystify »
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Cavalier & Mecha pilot
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 10:06:51 AM »
These are awesome (and Cavalier fills a role my setting desperately needed, so thank you much for that). I'm not the best math cruncher but the balance looks okay to me off the bat.

One question: for C3 of both, would it perhaps be easier to say "You gain an additional Greater Item slot which may only be used for an item with the [Mount] descriptor" ? I'm not sure if it actually adds any clarity or not, but it flows better in my head. Might just be a matter of taste.

But mostly, they look really well done. Thanks. I'll probably add both of these to that googledocs track sheet later tonight.
"MY BLADE THIRSTS FOR MORE LEGEND." - Valixes

My homebrew.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 10:35:57 AM »
These are awesome (and Cavalier fills a role my setting desperately needed, so thank you much for that). I'm not the best math cruncher but the balance looks okay to me off the bat.

One question: for C3 of both, would it perhaps be easier to say "You gain an additional Greater Item slot which may only be used for an item with the [Mount] descriptor" ? I'm not sure if it actually adds any clarity or not, but it flows better in my head. Might just be a matter of taste.

But mostly, they look really well done. Thanks. I'll probably add both of these to that googledocs track sheet later tonight.
Thanks, I'm glad you liked them.
I'll adjust the wording on the 3rd circle to more closely match the open binding feats.

Tenno Seremel

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Destiny is chain for the weak.
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 10:58:30 AM »
I'm note sure dramatic plunge is appropriate for tracks. I heard there was a note written somehwere that if you kill someone with dramatic plunge a certain Legend dev's ghost will haunt you for eternity. Not sure how is that relevant now, though :}

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »
I'm note sure dramatic plunge is appropriate for tracks. I heard there was a note written somehwere that if you kill someone with dramatic plunge a certain Legend dev's ghost will haunt you for eternity. Not sure how is that relevant now, though :}
its just leveld8+5d8 damage, occurring at level 17+. 6d8  for a level 1 is lethal, 25d8 for a level 20 is not. By making it a dramatic plunge it can be negated. It also requires someone to be [Soaring] in combat in the first place, which is unlikely, to say the least.