Author Topic: Legend Academy(Sigil PrepxRWBY) PBP General Discussion thread  (Read 87964 times)

Exelixi

• Barbarian
  • Ace
  • Dwarfs can do lots of stuff. Like dig.
  • Contest Champion Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Legend Academy(Sigil PrepxRWBY) PBP Interest check
« Reply #270 on: October 13, 2013, 02:41:45 PM »
Alright, so long as you're sure.

Gamestart is tomorrow! I am rather excited.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:51:01 PM by Exelixi »
http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.php/topic,1185.0.html - A point-buy chassis (class) system. Perfectly balanced by the judicious application of SCIENCE!

""Release your inner dwarf.  Then get him some ale!" -EspyLacopa
"I have no idea what Exelixi looks like. I just picture crow feathers and a claymore." -Fro

VennDygrem

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #271 on: October 13, 2013, 05:31:20 PM »
So, latest version of my sheet is, as far as I can tell, done.

Can anyone see any glaring conflicts or issues? Any suggestions to make things work/flow better in or out of combat?

Exelixi

• Barbarian
  • Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #272 on: October 14, 2013, 05:12:23 AM »
I think you're good, provided you plan on keeping Mystic Focus charged for that tasty miss chance rather than surging it.
http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.php/topic,1185.0.html - A point-buy chassis (class) system. Perfectly balanced by the judicious application of SCIENCE!

"I have no idea what Exelixi looks like. I just picture crow feathers and a claymore." -Fro

Greybender

• Elite
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #273 on: October 14, 2013, 07:41:30 AM »
~The Absolutely Rather Official Legend Academy Class List~
^Thanks sakuuya, I'll be borrowing your formating :P

OPAL
Team OPAL seems mostly ready, quick summaries and comments below.

Opal (Created by Libris Dediata): Fairy Custom Class, Runesong Scholar/Mechanist Savant/Arcane Lore
An intelligent and wise fey, banished from the flower court in pursuit of knowledge.

Phoebe Sykes (Created by Mura): Lich Sage, Just Blade/Cold Elementalist/Lich
A standoffish and vain undead lich girl,  with a pet crow Aleiste. Charismatic and Inteligent, but with a feat too many(5, should be 4 unless I'm missing something)

Amnis (Created by Lord_Gareth): Vampire Vampire, Discipline of the Serpent/Vampire/Battle's Tempering
The (Vampire)ooze girl, a country girl with a heart and a bottle of Abyss lite in her hands, just don't give her Belzepsi.(As a passive ability reach doesn't have to be applied to her vampire bite for her to be affected by it)

Lily Corinth (Created by Exelixi): Elf Soulphage, True Mage/Lich/Necromancer
Liliana, the skinny elf with tremendous strength and a wicked metal arm! With a bottle of Abyssal cola in her hands, she is ready to face the day.

GLDN
Team GLDN is looking good for the most part, though I can't locate Spacechomps sheet, have you supplied it thus far?

Linna Cero (Created by Rokku): Lich Sage, Just Blade/Lich/Necromancer
Just a sweet girl filled with sinister eldritch power, delivering her attacks from up close and personal, the most intelligent freshman so far.

Dani Geiss (Created by sakuuya): Ghost Sage, Arcane Lore/Ghost/Force of Will
Dani the quiet ghost girl with a bit of amnesia and a couple of numbers off by a bit, or at least not consistent.

Nate Reaver (Created by munchlord): Vampire Paladin, Vampire/Smiting/Judgement/Fire Elemental
A devil with a heart and bad reactions to sunlight, a bit of a loner, don't mention his family.

SpaceChomp- Has not yet presented his sheet, though I hope he'll be able to make it/will participate later on.

The Freshman Class (Metoolgroup)
Still needs 1 or two teammebers, otherwise you are golden(well RRI technically, but okay)

Razia Ockham (Created by VennDygrem): Human Sage, Just Blade/Discipline of the Crane/Iron Magi/Smiting
Direct practical charismatic and strong, with a noble soul, but a slightly self inspired learning curve.

Roland Beneforte (Created by St. Salieri): Human Sage, Vigilante/Arcane Secrets/Just Blade
Roland, the friendly techophiliac, with a great desire to prove himself to his family and himself and a large interest in breaches.

Irving U. Maritimus (created by Metool): Bear Lancer, Vigilante/Esoterica Radica/Path of the Ancestors/Swashbuckler
Irving the calm and friendly polar bear, though you don't want to get on his bad side, or insult his favorite drink, also he flies!

TUFF
TUFF looks well done, ready for action and all that stuff xD

Finbar Meltzen (created by EspyLacopa): Dwarf Barbarian, Knight/Path of Destruction/Path of the Ancestors
Finbar, the sturdy drunken knight who you shall not be passing by today, he came from a tavern fight and plans on having a few good laughs during year, woe him.

Unit001 (Created by Unit001): Construct Ranger, Vigilante/Racial Paragon/Sentient Construct/Heavy Weapons
The first son from The Lord of Blades bringing astonishing feats of technological achievement to the everyday man. (Based on your sheet, you could loose Vigilante and gain items, which would give you better armor and abilities, although a slightly different mount.)

Fars Lory (Created by Castodas): Half-Fire-Giant Ranger, Utter Brute/Battle's Tempering/Fire Elemental/Sentient Construct
Fars is confident and a free spirit. Not really much for charisma and he hopes to discover what his true purpose in life is here at Legend Academy, but his heart is already burning with life and a sense for adventure!(Oh and Fars could still wield a weapon if he wants to(hopes up for Fire hammer))

Theo Saint (Created by Lockon Stratos): Dragon Ranger, Professional Soldier/Iron Magi/Dragon
Theo, the half-dragon son every dragon momma wishes for. A bit of a waste of an item on constitution, but otherwise okay, except I can't really work out where you've gotten those 72 HP from)

Unnamed Pair 1
You two can go to Metool's group, if she'll accept you :P Otherwise talk with the rest, but you seem well done.

Kalba Ruztaf (Created by Don Jentelman): Gnoll Shaman, Wildborn/Bastion/Judgement/Shaman Spells
Kalba the vegetarian Gnoll, with great confiense in his spirits, he rised to the occasion.(HP is a bit too high, if I was able to count everything)

Morwynn Elendar (Created by Qazarar): Halfling Ranger, Acrobatic Adept/Combat Alchemist/Reign of Arrows/Tactician Spellcasting
Morwynn the halfling with the eyes of a sniper and a knack for brewing concoctions, she'll surely become popular on campus.

The Unaligned
The Maginomicon (Created by Valixes): Human (???) Custom Class, Tactician Spells/True Mage/Shaman Spells/Tactical Insight
The secret book of secrets and [Redacted]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay this is the stand for now, if I missed anything I apologize sincerely, so IC threads start tonight, hope we'll get everything sorted out till then.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 01:20:38 PM by Greybender »
The game would implode into rocket tag in a twisted mockery of all that is wrong with 3.5, angels would weep and the skies would fall, and it would all be your fault. Yours and yours alone.

Rokku

• Minion
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #274 on: October 14, 2013, 09:42:28 AM »
SpaceChomp keeps agonizing over his sheet even though I keep telling him everything's fine and he should just post it already.

He is like some kind of giant baby-man.

Mura

• Rogue
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #275 on: October 14, 2013, 10:52:14 AM »
A standoffish and vain undead lich girl,  with a pet crow Aleiste. Charismatic and Inteligent, but with a feat too many(5, should be 4 unless I'm missing something)

Derp, you're right. Fixed version here. I decided to drop Arcane Magister, and adjusted Elementalist DCs accordingly.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #276 on: October 14, 2013, 11:10:09 AM »
Thanks for looking out, Grey  ;D; but my magic item slots were spent on enchanting both of my natural weapons.

~EDIT~

Woops, I read TUFF and somehow saw TUFT
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 01:25:44 PM by Castodas »

St. Salieri

• Minion
  • Typo Hammer Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #277 on: October 14, 2013, 11:39:23 AM »
Unnamed Pair 1
You two can go to Metool's group, if she'll accept you :P Otherwise talk with the rest, but you seem well done.

Kalba Ruztaf (Created by Don Jentelman): Gnoll Shaman, Wildborn/Bastion/Judgement/Shaman Spells
Kalba the vegetarian Gnoll, with great confiense in his spirits, he rised to the occasion.(HP is a bit too high, if I was able to count everything)

Morwynn Elendar (Created by Qazarar): Halfling Ranger, Acrobatic Adept/Combat Alchemist/Reign of Arrows/Tactician Spellcasting
Morwynn the halfling with the eyes of a sniper and a knack for brewing concoctions, she'll surely become popular on campus.

Sounds good to me!  (Hm...Team MIRRK? KRIMR? KRRMI?)

... And I just realized I forgot to rename my "custom class." Oh, well; "sage" works well enough.

Don Jentleman

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #278 on: October 14, 2013, 12:39:40 PM »
HP too high? I do think I shall check, just in case...

10 HP/level for Wildborn
20 Wis for KDM -> 5 KDM

+1 HP/level from Blacksmith lv 6 (increased to +2 at lv 12, not relevant right now)
+1 HP/level from Optimistic Viscera
+2 HP/level from Grace

(10+5)*9 + (4*8 )= 167

Yep, HP is too friggen high. I see my mistake: I added the 4 hp/level to the level, and that screwed things up. Alright, still a nice HP pool regardless :P

Alright, can we finally get this right, maybe? Final link! https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B81cxZbXH1xfbEE3OTZBMlZFcXM/edit?usp=sharing

And I wouldn't mind joining Metools group, although I almost like the idea of a 2 man group. :P
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 02:34:23 PM by Don Jentleman »

Metool

• Rogue
  • Elite
  • You ever lose hope?
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #279 on: October 14, 2013, 02:10:01 PM »
If I drop, it can become Team MRKR. A consideration.
"Honestly, I don't know if this non-core option is 1.0-ready"

No, it isn't. It may be updated at some point but it isn't 1.0-ready, which is why it isn't in 1.0. Anything that isn't in the 1.0 core rulebook should be treated as not being 1.0 compliant and used with caution if at all.

Unit001

• Minion
  • The good kind of evil
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #280 on: October 14, 2013, 03:54:20 PM »

Unit001 (Created by Unit001): Construct Ranger, Vigilante/Racial Paragon/Sentient Construct/Heavy Weapons
The first son from The Lord of Blades bringing astonishing feats of technological achievement to the everyday man. (Based on your sheet, you could loose Vigilante and gain items, which would give you better armor and abilities, although a slightly different mount.)

You're probably right, but in the original game Unit was kind of a transformer, it was a sub plot for Eberron warforged, so I'm just calling his summoned mount his vehicle mode.

Lockon Stratos

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2013, 04:55:46 PM »
The extra HP is from the second dragon circle. I somehow screwed up my math on there, it should be just 24. I don't what I was thinking when I made that mistake.
"If you prick us, do we not bleed?"
"No, I prick you, you explode."

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #282 on: October 14, 2013, 04:59:26 PM »
Well team TUFF is the coolest team so far, we even have a dragon and a transformer!  ;D

Please don't assimilate Fars and/or try to eat him.   :-\

Maybe he can join Finbar on a few laughs, maybe a romp in a tavern or two.

Exelixi

• Barbarian
  • Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #283 on: October 14, 2013, 05:09:00 PM »
If you can fluff Vigilante mount as a Transformer mode, why not fluff a Hideaway mount as such?

Lockon Stratos

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #284 on: October 14, 2013, 05:18:12 PM »
Only half dragon Cast, only half.
"If you prick us, do we not bleed?"
"No, I prick you, you explode."