Author Topic: Magitsu  (Read 1953 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Magitsu
« on: January 08, 2014, 06:57:25 PM »
Magitsu learn how to apply a wide variety of magical effects to actively defend them selves and hinder attackers

Circle 1 - Kaeshi SU: Choose one of the following abilities
          Magic binding: As an immediate action, you can render an opponent within [Close] range [Entangled] for 1 [Round]. A reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 level + KOM) negates this effect
          Flash in the pan:  As an immediate action, you can render an opponent within [Close] range [Blind] for 1 [Round]. A fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 level + KOM) reduces this to [Dazzled] for 1 [Round]

Circle 2- Mage UkeSU: Choose one of the following abilities:
Shielding:  Once per [Encounter], as an immediate action or part of another immediate action, you may prevent up to three times your character level in damage that would be dealt to any ally within [Close] range. This can only be done as the damage is being dealt, but may be activated after you know exactly how much damage a given effect will deal.
Intervention: Once per [Encounter], as an immediate action, you may swap locations with an ally within [Medium] range. Any attacks or abilities targeting them when you activate this instead affect you, and visa versa. This is a [Teleport] effect.

Circle 3- Defensive blast SU: Choose one of the following abilites:
 Recoil blast : Once per [Encounter], as an immediate action, you may cause an opponent within [Melee] range to be [Blown away]. A reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 level + KOM) negates this effect.
Air blast: Once per [Encounter], as an immediate action, you can a create a gust of air to protect yourself from harm. Opponents have a 50% [Miss chance] against you with ranged attacks for 1 [Round]

Circle 4- Quickened casting EX:You may take an additional swift or immediate action per [Round].

Circle 5- Fusegi SU: Once per [Encounter] per 4 levels, as an immediate action, you can [Teleport] a distance up to your movement speed.

Circle 6- Enduring wall SU: Choose one of the following abilities:
Readied shield: As a move action, you can gain [Resistance] to all damage for 1 [Round]
Bellskin -As an immediate action, after being hit by an attack, you can render the opponent that hit you [Dazed] for 1 [Round]. A successful will save (DC 10 + 1/2 level +KOM) negates this effect.

Circle 7- Mokuso SU: Once per [Encounter], as a swift action, you may transcend your body to a higher level of existence. Until the beginning of your next turn, you gain [Immunity] to damage and to the [Sickened], [Nauseated], [Dazed] and [Stunned] conditions.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:12:09 PM by Mystify »
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Magitsu
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 03:25:58 PM »
I don't have the book in front of me so this might be answered in it, but for C5, if you teleport in response to an attack which takes you outside of that attack's range, what happens? If it was a single-target effect, is the attacker's action entirely wasted or can they declare new targets/a new action?

Otherwise as far as I can tell it all looks good, it fills a useful niche, and I like it quite a bit. I might build something with this soon.
"MY BLADE THIRSTS FOR MORE LEGEND." - Valixes

My homebrew.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Magitsu
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 03:34:36 PM »
Its not really specified. I'd rule that you are doing it in response to being targetted, so they can target something else.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly