Author Topic: Druid(class)  (Read 2027 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Druid(class)
« on: January 23, 2014, 04:53:25 PM »
Druid

8hp/level 6 skills
WIS     CON
KOM   KDM

Full BaB
Good will, fort

Druids call upon the power of nature to fight, borrowing the form of animals, manipulating natural elements, communing with nature spirits, and fighting alongside representatives of nature. They often shun civilization and its frivolities, preferring the peace and simplicity of nature. While most common in forests, druids can be found in any natural landscape, though their relationship with nature often changes to reflect the nature of their environment. Their communion with nature leads to deep wisdom, while they are hardened by constant exposure to the elements.

Party Role: Druids are very versatile and adaptable, able to deal lots of damage, withstand opponent's attacks, or manipulate the battlefield as the situation calls.

Druids in your game: Druids can be lone hermits in the wood, or part of complex organizations that meet under the full moon.

Shapeshifting(Fast)
One of the druid's signature abilities is to turn into different animals. This allows them to fulfill the needs of the moment.
Shapeshifter

Nature's Call (Medium)
Druids wield magic fueled by nature. This can manifest in a number of ways, and a druid possesses the Nature's Conduit, Verdant, or Sandman tracks
Nature's conduit
Verdant
Sandman

Companion(Slow)
Druids rarely fight alone, but instead operate alongside a representative of nature, or many. Whether they have a single faithful companion or lead the armies of nature, Druids possess the Broodmaster or Companion tracks.
Broodmaster
Animal Companion

note: The action economy on this is not as good as if I had designed these with being a single track in mind, but it should still be decent, with the right choices.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Druid(class)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 01:14:18 AM »
It's nice to see these various tracks collected in one place. The KOM, KDM, and saves were obvious picks. I'm not sure I would have gone with full BAB myself, but I can't complain about it either (especially since I'm not sure what I would have done instead). Good stuff.
"MY BLADE THIRSTS FOR MORE LEGEND." - Valixes

My homebrew.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 01:18:28 AM »
A druid is a shapeshifter, and so it needs to be able to wade in and wreck face, or be a tank. Neither of those work on poor BaB
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Greybender

• Elite
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 10:40:21 AM »
Add a fluff note to shapeshifter, that it grants full BAB when shifted.
The game would implode into rocket tag in a twisted mockery of all that is wrong with 3.5, angels would weep and the skies would fall, and it would all be your fault. Yours and yours alone.

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 11:50:10 PM »
Nah, it definitely makes sense for the Druid you built here. I guess I lean more towards the nature-priest Druid in my own conception, so if I were to build one from scratch, it would have looked a little different - that was what I was meaning to say. Full BAB absolutely fits here, I was more just pondering how "Druid" can have many different faces (like most classes), not criticizing the design choice. Sorry for the confusion.
"MY BLADE THIRSTS FOR MORE LEGEND." - Valixes

My homebrew.