Author Topic: Telepath  (Read 3820 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Telepath
« on: March 25, 2014, 05:22:34 PM »
Telepath

You are not Telepathetic.

Your KDM becomes wisdom, unless your KOM is already wisdom.

Circle 1- One Mind SU: You may cast World Mind, as the spell, once per [Encounter].
Before You DidSU: You can often foresee an opponent’s actions before they realize they will do it, allowing you to avoid them. Once per [Round] per circle you possess from this track, when an opponent who is not [Immune] to [Mind affecting] effects makes an attack against you, if you are not [Confused], you may make a Will save and use the result in place of your AC against that attack if the result is higher than your AC.                 

Circle 2- Through Their EyesSU: You may draw line of sight from all allies within [Close] range. This extends to [Medium] range at 4th circle and [Long] range at 6th circle.
Additionally, you gain a bonus to Will saves equal to 1/4th your level (minimum 1).

Circle 3- MindsenseSU: You have [Ghostwise sight] out to 45 ft, and creatures within this range are [Revealed] to you.
Brainwave antennaSU: You can eavesdrop on telepathic communication if any participant is within [Close] range.

Circle 4- Mental intrusionSU: As a swift action, you can pry open your opponent’s mind within [Medium] range. You gain line of sight from that opponent’s square, their attacks against you have a 50% [Miss chance]  for 1 [Round]. A successful will save (DC 10 + ½ level + your Wisdom modifier) negates this effect. This is a [Mind affecting] effect

Circle 5-Mental ShieldSU: You gain [Immunity] to effects with the [Mind-affecting] descriptor.

Circle 6 - Mind CounterSU:Once per [Encounter], any time during a [Round], you may make a Will save. You may use the result of this save to replace the results of any Fortitude or Reflex saves you make for the rest of the [Round].

Circle 7 - Warning systemSU: You may use Before You Did on behalf of any ally you have telepathic communication with.  When an opponent who is not [Immune] to [Mind affecting] effects makes an attack against your, if you and that ally are not [Confused], you may make a Will save and use the result in place of your ally’s AC against that attack if the result is higher than their AC. This counts as a use of Before You Did.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 01:28:52 PM by Mystify »
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

rejectedreality

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Telepath
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 01:44:32 PM »
Unfortunately, I'm not very good with judging balance in Legend. However, mental powers are one of my favorite things to build characters around, so this is nice to see. Also, these kinds of abilities seem like they would fit in perfectly with Legend's way of reimagining typical abilities associated with archetypes, so that's awesome.

rchille

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 01:18:49 PM »
In Circle 7, Warning system says that you may use "Before You Did" on behalf of any ally you have telepathic communication with, but at the top is says you are not telepathic nor do any of the other circles seem to grant telepathic communication to allies.

To use this power, would you have to get telepathy from another source, or am I missing something? Thanks!

Potent Imp

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 02:02:59 PM »
Circle 1 Also Grants World-Mind 1/encounter, which lasts all [scene]. So you've got a telepathic link with allies basically at will.

I think the first sentance is a pun with telepathy and pathetic. I had to read it twice too.  :)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 02:08:47 PM »
potent imp is right. the world-mind will give you a telepathic link to your allies. the telepathetic was indeed a pun

rejectedreality

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 02:42:28 PM »
Would it be too crazy to give the telepath line of effect from someone he used either through their eyes or Mental Intrusion? It occured to me that that would be a surprisingly great way to simulate a limited form of mind control: The mind intrusion forces the person to do what the telepath wants.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 02:53:18 PM »
Would it be too crazy to give the telepath line of effect from someone he used either through their eyes or Mental Intrusion? It occured to me that that would be a surprisingly great way to simulate a limited form of mind control: The mind intrusion forces the person to do what the telepath wants.
1. this is about reading minds, not controlling them
2. you doing things from their square is not really similar to them doing things for you.

Draz

• Paladin
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 01:27:30 PM »
I believe this track needs its abilities labeled with the type of ability ([Su], [SLA], [Ex]).

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 01:29:06 PM »
I believe this track needs its abilities labeled with the type of ability ([Su], [SLA], [Ex]).
added

Zaq

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 12:54:41 PM »
The biggest issue I have when comparing this track to the printed tracks is the KDM = WIS thing. See, this is obviously based on Acrobatic Adept, right? But while AA relies on Reflex saves, it also forces your KDM to be CON (i.e., not something that boosts Reflex). You have to twist around to make sure your KOM is either INT or DEX to use AA properly, since you can't rely on your KDM to give you the boost to Reflex that you need. This, however, has no such difficulty; on the contrary, it does the work for you, making your KDM into something that gives you the Will you need. Sure, AA is a Rogue track, and all Rogue Offensive Track options give you either DEX or INT for KOM, but it still makes it stressful to multiclass into AA.

This is more a problem with AA than with this track, but you know that when a homebrew track has a serious leg up over a printed track, it's worth discussing and possibly reconsidering. Thoughts?
I do verb now and again, but gerunding is my real passion.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 02:25:34 PM »
The biggest issue I have when comparing this track to the printed tracks is the KDM = WIS thing. See, this is obviously based on Acrobatic Adept, right? But while AA relies on Reflex saves, it also forces your KDM to be CON (i.e., not something that boosts Reflex). You have to twist around to make sure your KOM is either INT or DEX to use AA properly, since you can't rely on your KDM to give you the boost to Reflex that you need. This, however, has no such difficulty; on the contrary, it does the work for you, making your KDM into something that gives you the Will you need. Sure, AA is a Rogue track, and all Rogue Offensive Track options give you either DEX or INT for KOM, but it still makes it stressful to multiclass into AA.

This is more a problem with AA than with this track, but you know that when a homebrew track has a serious leg up over a printed track, it's worth discussing and possibly reconsidering. Thoughts?
I do consider that to be a serious bug with AA that has no easy fix, due to how it fits with the rest of rogue. However, this also is an advantage to AA, as it lets you get your KOM as your defensive.