Author Topic: Arcane Bond  (Read 2390 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Arcane Bond
« on: June 12, 2014, 07:03:47 PM »
Arcane Bond
Those versed in the arcane arts can learn to bond a warder, granting them boons in exchange for their protection and service.

1st Circle – Bond that Ties SU: When you gain this ability, designate target ally other than yourself as your warder. A creature with a warder cannot be designated as the warder of any creature other than their warder, a creature can not be the warder for more than one creature, and no creature can have more than one warder at a time,  Once per [Scene], you may designate a different ally other than yourself to be your warder.
You and your warder are both aware of the exact location of the other, regardless of distance, as well as their hp total and any conditions effecting them. You may communicate with each other as if you were under the effects of World Mind.
Your warder gains a +3 bonus to a skill of his choice, chosen when he is designated as warder

2nd Circle- Bond that Shields SU: Your warder gains 2 additional HP per level and a +2 bonus to all saves.

3rd Circle - Bond that Strengthens SU: Once per [Round], as a swift action, you may grant your warder a +3 bonus to attack rolls or to Armor Class for 1 [Round]

4th Circle-Bond that Links SU: You may target your warder with any ability that targets allies as long as they are within  [Extreme] range, and always count as having line of effect to them for this purpose. Any effect that would heal your warder but that originates from you heals 1 extra point of damage for every level you possess.

5th Circle-Bond that Beckons SU: As a move action, you may [Warp] your warder to any place within your [Melee] range. At 7th circle, this can be done as an immediate action. Alternatively, as a move action you can switch places with your warder. This is a [Warp] effect.

6th Circle- Bond that Binds SU: When you or your warder takes damage, up to half of that damage can be taken by the other, ignoring [Damage reduction] and [Resistance], at the choice of the one taking the damage.

7th Circle- Bond that Shall Never Be Broken SU: Once per [Encounter], as a standard action, you may revive your warder if they are [Dead] or [Unconscious], restoring them to maximum hit points.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:37:49 PM by Mystify »
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Arcane Bond
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 09:34:21 PM »
C4 has a typo. "heal your but"

Seems balanced to me, although C7 is pretty beefy. For a very specific build, certainly, but I can only imagine it would be nasty with Heroica.
"MY BLADE THIRSTS FOR MORE LEGEND." - Valixes

My homebrew.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 09:45:58 PM »
C4 has a typo. "heal your but"
Fixed
Seems balanced to me, although C7 is pretty beefy. For a very specific build, certainly, but I can only imagine it would be nasty with Heroica.
well, if you compare it to miracle, a 1/encounter usage is about right, and this would give you the resurrection capability of it, in a more narrow context. Miracle would only be 1 spell a shaman could learn, and miracle itself has many uses beyond that. By that comparison, its fairly weak.

Yeah, there are some fun combos you can pull. Heroica for more buddy-boosting, having a warder with bastion to share spells you pass through the link, combining demon for more skill stacking and chaining bonded by blood, binding a knight to teleport in front of enemy attacks...

Tenno Seremel

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Destiny is chain for the weak.
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 03:09:42 AM »
There should be Bond that James.

kellbyb

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 11:13:30 AM »
I like it! Makes me think of the Aes Sedai and their Warders from the Wheel of Time series.

C2 sounds pretty scary combined with the paladin's judgment C3.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 11:44:13 AM »
I like it! Makes me think of the Aes Sedai and their Warders from the Wheel of Time series.
That is exactly the inspiration.
C2 sounds pretty scary combined with the paladin's judgment C3.
then combine it with dragon and utter brute for meat-wall