Author Topic: Generous Leech [Racial] feat  (Read 2570 times)

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Generous Leech [Racial] feat
« on: June 25, 2014, 11:47:48 PM »
Generous Leech
You're the gift that keeps on giving. Forever.
Prerequisites: Undead track
Benefit: Whenever you would gain hit points due to your Consumption ability, you may choose not to heal yourself. If you do so, an ally of your choice within [Close] range is healed for the same amount you would have received.

The wording is a bit clunky, but I hope it's readable. This went through many versions in my head, including a more general feat that would trigger off of any ability (it was mutually exclusive with Livers), forgoing the healing to give your ally half of what you would have gained, and versions with and without action costs. I erred on the side of underbalanced, or at least I hope I did.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:37:37 AM by Tim4488 »
"MY BLADE THIRSTS FOR MORE LEGEND." - Valixes

My homebrew.

Grue

• Monk
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Eye of Seeing Dungeon Delver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Generous Leech [Racial] feat
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 12:41:43 AM »
One potential problem I see with this: all varieties of undead can potentially heal with consumption when it is not their turn (some easier than others) and swift actions can only be taken during your turn. If you want to cover these edge cases, you may want to make it an immediate action.

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 01:16:18 AM »
So edited.

My homebrew.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 11:11:33 AM »
My concern is that the healing from consumption is rather low, and not worth a swift action to give to someone else. Ghoul is level, lich is 1/2 level, mummy is level, vampire is KOM, skeletal champion is level.
A font from virtue is 2+level+Cha for a swift action, and it repeats every round.
healing burst is level+KDM in an area as a move action
livers need not apply is 1d4/level for a move

So, level healing from a swift action is fairly weak, and this is both conditional and required you to give up healing. If it shared it with people around you or had no action cost it would work
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 11:37:06 AM »
Hmm. Either option works, leaning towards no action cost though. I'll edit it to be no action cost for now.

My homebrew.