Author Topic: Suffusor  (Read 2424 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Suffusor
« on: June 26, 2014, 05:39:29 PM »
Suffusor:
A suffusor suffused their equipment with magical energy to enhance their effects

Circle 1 -Suffusions SU: You begin each [Round] with one Suffusion per circle in this track. Whenever you make an attack, you may spend a Suffusion to Suffuse your attack with a magical effect, as detailed in the specific abilities below. The effects of the suffusion are wasted if they attack misses. You may Suffuse as many Suffusions into an attack as you have Suffusions available, but they will all be wasted if you miss. If a Suffusion is used mutliple times on one attack and it offers a save, then a single save will block all of the effects of that suffusion.
    Elemental Strike SU: You may spend 1 Suffusion to deal ½ your level (minimum 1) in damage to the next opponent you hit. This damage has one of the [Fire], [Cold], [Electricity], or [Acid] descriptors.

Circle 2- :
Suffused armorSU: You can also suffuse your armor to gain benefits. You may spend Suffusions to gain bonuses, all of which last for 1 [Round].
Elemental shieldSU: You may spend 1 Suffusion on your armor to gain [Lesser Resistance] to [Energy] damage. This ability can stack with itself.
Impart ForceSU: You may spend 1 Suffusion to knock the next opponent you hit prone. A successful reflex save (DC 10+½ level+KOM) negates this effect.

Circle 3- :
Blinding slashSU: You may spend 1 Suffusion to [Blind] the next opponent you hit for 1 [Round]. A successful Fortitude save (DC 10+½ level+KOM) negates this effect.
Cleansing WashSU: You may spend 2 Suffusions on your armor to remove one of the following conditions: [Battered], [Bleeding], [Blinded], [Confused], [Dazzled], [Deafened], [Entangled ], [Exhausted ], [Fatigued ], or, [Sickened]

Circle 4- Moar PowerSU: As a swift action, you may gain 3 Suffusions.
Dimensional tetherballSU: You may spend 2 Suffusions to swap places with the next opponent you hit. You each [Teleport] to each other’s squares. The destination squares may be occupied, but only by another target of this ability , and only if both targets leave their squares.
SpeedballSU: You may spend 1 Suffusion on your armor to gain a 15 ft bonus to your movement speed.

Circle 5 - Leaching suffusionSU: You may spend 1 Suffusion to heal 1 hit point per level if you hit your opponent. Abilities or effects that would increase this ability’s healing apply only once per  [Round].
Retaliatory SuffusionSU: You may spend 3 Suffusions to infuse your armor with energy. The first time in the next [Round] that each opponent hits you with an attack, they take your level in [Force] damage.

Circle 6- Phased StateSU: You may spend 3 suffusions on your armor to give all of your movement the [Warp] descriptor for 1 [Round]
Stunning barrage: One per [Round], you may spend 3 Suffusions to inflict [Stunned] on the next opponent you hit. A successful fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ level + KOM ) negates this effect.

Circle 7-Draining SuffusionSU: You may spend 2 Suffusions to inflict [Energy drained] on the next opponent you hit. A successful Fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ your level + your KOM) negates the
[Energy drained] condition.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Why

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suffusor
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 07:33:42 AM »
I like it, but I have a query:

Why the two types of Weapon-suffusion wording? Most seem to activate "on the next opponent you hit" implying that they ignore the general wasting on a  miss. Leeching suffusion lacks this. I'd suggest sticking with the original wording, that suffusing a weapon is done to an attack, and not include the next opponent you hit phrase, if you want losing suffusions due to missing to be possible.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 09:08:49 AM »
The abilities still need a target, and nothing in the general suffusion says that the target would be the guy you hit. Leeching suffusion doesn't have the same wording because it effects you, rather than your opponent.

Draz

• Paladin
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 02:07:56 PM »
Circle 2- :
Suffused armorSU: You can also suffuse your armor to gain benefits. You may spend Suffusions to gain bonuses, all of which last for 1 [Round].
Sweet, I can gain whatever "bonuses" I want!? ... Haha, what was the intent here?

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 02:17:50 PM »
the bonuses are the abilities listed later in the track, the elemental shield, cleansing wash, speedball, retalitory suffusion,  and phased state