Author Topic: Feat: Benefactor  (Read 2034 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Feat: Benefactor
« on: October 30, 2014, 12:47:01 PM »
Benefactor [Skill]
You forgo your own welfare for the benefit of your allies
Prerequisites: Medicine as a trained skill
Benefit: Whenever you would be healed any amount of damage, you may forgo that healing in order to heal an ally within [Medium] range the same amount. You may increase the amount you would be healed using your own abilities, but it cannot be increased by the person you heal. This ability still functions while you are [Battered]

This feat has several uses. One is to make an alternative healer who builds up investment in self-healing, using drinking weapons, fast healing, etc, and then turns that healing outwards. You could also act as a healing amplifier, using ancestors and vigor to amplify the healing. It could also be put on a bastian character, to allow a shaman to hit you with an incanted buff, which will let you share the buff, and give the healing to the person who needs it. a more minor use is as a healing relay station, if someone needs healing but is not within range/out of loe of the healer, but you are not, you can relay the healing to where it is needed. This can be used in conjunction with force of will and/or virtue to allow other party members to spread out easier. It can also function as a backup, so if you have healing that occurs but you don't always need it, you can transfer it to other people.
The biggest pitfall with this is fire elemental/undead healing from damage, but that is mainly due to those sources of healing being problematic to start with.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 01:57:21 PM by Mystify »
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

delvin_anaris

• Administrator
  • Minion
  • Problem Solver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Feat: Beneficiary
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 01:53:54 PM »
I question the name of this feat. It sounds backwards to me—the beneficiary is the one benefiting from the effects.

When using this feat, it seems to me you're being a benefactor. Possibly even a benevolent beneficent benefactor.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Feat: Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 01:57:34 PM »
You are right, I got it backwards. Fixed.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly