Author Topic: Using Legend ideas in 5e  (Read 1452 times)

rejectedreality

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Using Legend ideas in 5e
« on: January 16, 2015, 01:00:17 AM »
My girlfriend has recently become very fond of 5e, which is cool. I'm slowly and begrudgingly coming to respect it as a surprisingly good and fun system. Alas, Legend has spoiled me. I miss being able to freely choose weapons without worrying about being suboptimal. I miss being able to make intelligence my highest stat for a melee fighter, and be just as (or nearly) well off as someone who pumped their strength. And I miss multiclassing being easy, super viable, and flavorful without having to plan things out heavily.

That last bit, though, is kind of intrinsic to Legend. I was thinking, however, that it might be possible to hack together some sort of KOM/KDM system to use in 5e. I want my charisma to be my attack, and my wisdom my defense, dangit! I was also considering that using Legend's approach to weapons may be feasible, as well. There is already a list of properties for weapons. Maybe letting every weapon have a certain number of "points" for properties, damage die, etc would be workable. Then, I could use a gauntlet, without missing out on that sweet sweet 2d6 of the greatsword.

What does everyone think? It'd take work, but theoretically, it could make for a fun houserule. Any ideas on how to implement these Legend ideas in 5e?

Gedswato

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Using Legend ideas in 5e
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 11:59:59 PM »
I am very interested in this matter. But still did not get into something