Author Topic: Monsters  (Read 6606 times)

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Monsters
« on: July 02, 2015, 02:14:08 AM »
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:33:11 AM by chaos_redefined »

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Monsters
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 03:09:22 AM »
Giant Spider:

EL 1 Arthropod Rogue
Fast Track: Acrobatic Adept
Medium Track: None So Vile
Slow Track: Professional Soldier
Full Buy In: Swashbuckler

Init: +6
Speed: 40 ft
[Small][Animal]
Combat Maneuver DC: 14

HP: 24
AC: 16
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +2
Awareness 13
[Ghostwise Sight] 45 ft
[Damage Reduction] 1

Attack: Nasty Bite +6 (1d6+2) [Melee] (5 ft)

Abilities: Str 12, Con 14, Dex 18, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 10
Skills: Acrobatics+5, Athletics+2, Larceny+5, Perception+3, Stealth+3
Social Defenses: Bluff 13, Diplomacy 11, Intimidate 11, Perception 11
Feats: Recon, Breakneck Pace
Items: Nasty Bite ([Melee][Brutal 2][Traumatizing]), Instinct ([Melee][Guardian][Deft][Reacting])
KOM: +4 (Dex), KDM: +2 (Con), BAB: +1

Activated Abilities
Webs EX: As a move action, you may create a wedge with a length of 20 ft plus 10 ft per circle of this track you possess that inflicts the [Entangled] condition for the rest of the [Encounter] on each opponent within the area. A successful Reflex save (DC 14) negates the [Entangled] condition. As a move action, a creature may lose this condition inflicted by this ability, but doing so provokes an attack of opportunity.

Passive Abilities
Dodge! EX: Once per [Round], when an opponent who is not [Concealed] or [Fully concealed] makes an attack against you, if you are not [Entangled], you may make a Reflex save and use the result in place of your AC against that attack if the result is higher than your AC.

Creepy Crawler EX: Whenever you move at least 10 ft, your next attack this [Round] deals 3 additional damage with the [Precision] descriptor.

Coming to Get You EX: You may make a 5 ft step at the beginning of combat, and you may make a 5 ft step on your turn even if you have already moved.

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 01:16:27 AM »
Worg

EL 2 "Human" Barbarian
Fast Track: Rage
Medium Track: Path of Destruction
Slow Track: Heroica
Full Buy In: Battle's Tempering

Init: +4
Speed: 50 ft

Combat Maneuver DC: 16

HP: 39 + 4 temporary HP
AC: 16
Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +3
Awareness: 13

Attack: Bite +9 (1d6+12) [Melee] 10 ft.

Abilities: Str 18, Con 10, Dex 16, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Athletics +6, Intimidate +6, Perception +3, Ride +5, Stealth +5
Social Defenses: Bluff 13, Diplomacy 12, Intimidate 12, Perception 12
Feats: Sinister Sinews, Cataphract
Items: Light Armor, Bite Weapon ([Melee][Brutal 2][Reach])
KOM: +4 (Str), KDM: +3 (Dex), BAB: +2

Abilities:
Cataphract: Worgs do not receive a -2 penalty to AC when charging, and deal an additional 2 damage when using the power attack maneuver.

Cleave: Use the same attack against two different enemies

Rage (Included above).  Lasts for 7 rounds.  Should be long enough for most combats as is.

Rather Quick than Dead: Moving out of a square of difficult terrain does not cost a worg an additional square of movement.

The Blade and The Bow: Worgs are often ridden by Goblins.  A worg usually partners up with a goblin, allowing both to deal additional damage equal to half their respective levels.  This is included above (but is lost if the goblin dies).

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 09:55:47 PM »
Race: Goblin

+2 Con, +2 Dex, -2 Cha
[Small][Humanoid]
+1 (+1 per 8 levels) racial bonus to Ride or Stealth (Chosen at character creation)
30 ft movement
Bonus Feats: The Bigger They Are, Optimistic Viscera, Cataphract

Goblin (uses these tracks)
EL 2
Fast Track: Envested Abolition
Medium Track: Envested Bulwark
Slow Track: Envested Aegis

Init: +6
Speed: 35 ft
[Small][Humanoid]

Combat Maneuver DC: 17

HP: 41
AC: 22
Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +4
Awareness: 14

Attack: Flaming Short Sword +12 (1d6+10 [Fire])

Abilities: Str 12, Con 16, Dex 22, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8
Skills: Acrobatics+8, Perception+4, Ride+8, Stealth+9, Vigor+5
Social Defenses: Bluff 14, Diplomacy 12, Intimidate 11, Perception 11
Feats: Optimistic Viscera, Open Lesser Binding
Items: Black Ankh, Quicksilver Brooch, Energized Weapon ([Melee][Brutal 2][Elemental: Fire]), Masterwork Light Armor, Masterwork Shield
KOM: +5 (Dex), KDM: +3 (Con), BAB: +2

No Special Abilities.  Yes, that's boring, but this is an improvement over the mook rules :D

McDT2

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 03:26:08 PM »
I'd love to help out with this project. Here's one I statted out already:
Astral Deva, CR 14
Celestial Shaman 14
Fast: Shaman Spells
Medium: Celestial
Slow: Shaman's Path (Smiting)

Init: +3;
Reach: 15 ft;
Speed: 55 ft; Flying
Size: Medium;
HP: 168; DR 2
AC: 33;
Fort +17; Ref +10; Will +19;
Awareness: 32

[Melee] Attack Action
Heavy Mace +24/+19/+19; (1d6+25+8 [fire]) [Brutal 2, Guardian]

• Skirmish
  • Spell Storing: Add spell as standard, discharge on hit as a swift.
  • Add +8 dmg for encounter when you charge (max +16)
  • Add +8 dmg for round on second hit (goes up to +16 if you hit 4 times)
  • When directly above triggers, inflict [Battered] for 1 round, and on later hits increase duration of [Battered] by 1 round
  • Inflict [Dazed] on [Battered] foes (Fort 25 neg)

Activated Abilities
  • Dazzling Radiance (Su): Your radiant spread must be active to use this. As a swift action, cause all opponents in your radiant spread to become [Dazzled] for 5 rounds (Fort 25 reduces it to 1 round).
  • Aura of Vitality:2/encounter, when activating Dazzling Radiance, all allies in range of Divine Radiance gain 28 temp HP.
  • Sway the Heavens: 5/round, when you hit an opponent who has been [revealed] by your Divine Radiance, you may render that opponent unable to make AoOs for 1 round.
  • Cleansing Light (SLA): 2/encounter, use Heal, as the spell (Will 25).
  • Burnished Phylactery: 1/encounter as an immediate action, create a spiritual bond between your self an an ally in [medium] range. Until the end of the encounter, if they are within 95 ft of you and would take damage, the damage is split evenly with you.
  • Simple Icon: 2/encounter as a swift action, give each ally besides yourself within [close] range a Swap token. You may then immediately destroy a Swap token and swap spaces with that ally, as per dimensional swap. After doing so, you may do so again with another ally. The Swap tokens are destroyed at the end of your turn, regardless.
  • Radiant Souls: You have 4 souls of pure Goodness within you, and can expend 1 as a move action to heal for 14d4 hp. You can regain a soul as a move action.
  •        Seven Saintly Souls: As a move action, expend 3 souls to heal all allies in [close] range for 14d4+14 hp.
  • Words of Power: You may use the Words of Power 3/encounter
  •         Word of Shadow: As an immediate action, cause opponent in [medium] range to be [blinded] for the duration of their action.
  •         Word of Sunset: As an immediate action, become [Invisible] for 1 round.
  •         Word of Wind: When you move, turn into wind, provoking no AoOs for the movement and allowing you to pass through occupied squares and narrow gaps.
  • The Right Hand of Creation: 2/scene as a move action, create a spread out to [close] range originating from you, which lasts for 2 rounds. Any damage dealt within the spread may be delayed for 1 round, at your option.
  • Lightbender Adept: 1/scene as a move action, cause [Invisible] creatures in [close] range to become [revealed] and take -5 Stealth until then end of the encounter.

Passive Abilities
  • Divine Radiance (Su): You can activate your radiant spread as a free action, and dismiss it as a swift. The spread extends to [close] range, and opponents in the area are [Revealed] and lose the [Covered] condition. Any opponent who leaves the spread is still affected by it for 1 round.
  • Skirmish: When you miss with an attack roll, gain +1 to attack rolls for the rest of the encounter (Max +14)
  • Conflict: Add Wis (+8) to damage (Calculated)
  • Struggle: The second time in a turn you hit an opponent, add +Wis dmg to attacks for the rest of the round. The 4th time you hit an opponent in a round, add it again.
  •         Escalation: Whenever Struggle activates, you may inflict [Battered] for 1 round on the triggering opponent. Each time you hit them again, the duration increases by 1 round. Also, whenever you hit a [Battered] opponent with an attack, they become [Dazed] for 1 round (Fort 25 negates the [dazed]).
  • Annihilation: When you charge, gain +Wis to damage for the encounter. This stacks with itself, but only up to two times.
  • [Immunity] to [Prone], [Paralyzed], [Stunned], [Dazed], [Nauseated], and [Slowed]
  • Fortress: If an opponent would cause you to be moved, you may instead not move.

Spells

7/7/6/6/4. DC 25
1st
Bless, Bane, Endure Elements, Obscuring Mist
2nd
Resist Elements, Elemental Vulnerability, Nature's Power, Flame Blade
3rd
Call Lightning, Dispel Magic, Searing Light
4th
Cure Critical Wounds, Inflict Critical Wounds, Hold Monster, Dimensional Anchor
5th
Crush of Earth, Reverse Gravity, Heal, Harm, Sunburst

Abilities: Str 22; Dex 16; Con 14; Int 10; Wis 26; Cha 10;
Skills: I forgot to put anything here. They've got 6 skills trained
Feats: Lightbender Adept, Words of Power, Livers Need Not Apply, Seven Drunken Immortals, Create Teleportation Circle, The Right Hand of Creation
Key Offensive Modifier: Wis
Key Defensive Modifier: Str
Base Attack Bonus: +14/+9/+9
Items

+2 Str, +2 Wis item
Silent Halls
Burnished Phylactery
Greater Weapon (+2 attacks, Spell storing)
Coldfire Ingot (Add +8 [fire] damage to attacks)
Simple Icon
Relic Armor (+4 AC, Fortress)
Unfinished Cathedral

You can also create a Planetar and a Solar by advancing them to CR 17 and 20, respectively. I'd put them up, but converting my statblock to the forums' format took longer than expected. Instead, I think I'll just link to where I usually put these things: my wiki. Feel free link right to it or grab the statblocks off of it and post them here; I don't care much either way.

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 08:04:02 PM »
I'm more than willing to accept other people's submissions.  I added the Planetar and Solar by linking to your wiki.  If you want me to change that, just ask.

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 11:38:13 AM »
Also, if you are running a campaign and want a monster written up, feel free to ask.

rejectedreality

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 09:08:01 PM »
I think this is a good idea. Just as a heads up, there was a topic similar to this in the past: http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.php/topic,998.0.html

Not sure how to integrate the two topics, but there's a lot of good work there that really shouldn't go to waste.

As far as the topic at hand goes, I have many stat blocks to contribute of varying qualities. However, they all use the interactive pdf, and I don't really see a way to post those here.

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 10:01:41 PM »
I'll merge them in with links.  It'll take some time.

How much of that is 1.0 compatible?  If it's old enough, I might need to rewrite some of it.

rejectedreality

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2015, 12:30:08 AM »
Good question. Not entirely sure, but looking at when Legend 1.0 was released (June 2013), and looking at when the topic was made (June 25, 2013), I would venture a guess that pretty much all of it is. Not sure about 1.1 though.

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 02:34:21 AM »
OK.  Filled in with what I could directly link from the Iconic Monsters thread.

Mystify, do you still happen to have this?
http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.php/topic,998.msg19200.html#msg19200

rejectedreality

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 06:15:37 AM »
Woooow. Good work, there, chaos. It's appreciated. Maybe I'll find a way or the time to add some monsters myself, but it's looking to start being a pretty decent size right now.

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 08:38:38 AM »
Some of the higher slots are empty, and a lot of them could use fleshing out.

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 09:19:13 PM »
First off, apologies as this has fallen temporarily to the side as I work on another project.

Second off, I have heard that someone wants to write up a legend bestiary. A few of the monsters above are my own creation, and you are free to use them.  Others link to other threads, so I can't give permission on their behalf.  So...  credit where credit is due, I suppose?  Double check the math on them, of course.  Legend has a lot of finicky +1's and +2's that make the math difficult to keep track of.

Doughy

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 01:41:26 AM »
Some of the higher slots are empty, and a lot of testofuel reviews them could use fleshing out.

Really helpful. Are these all of the Monsters?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 08:02:54 AM by Doughy »