Author Topic: Mounted Savant(retired)  (Read 1409 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mounted Savant(retired)
« on: April 30, 2012, 02:18:47 AM »
This track is no longer applicable under current legend rules.
please refer to Cavalier for an updated take on this concept.

Mounted Savant
It is fairly common for warriors to use mounts, be it riding a horse into battle or flying around on a hoverboard.  Many are quite good at it, even. Then there are those who take riding a mount and elevate it to an art form. They ride with such skill that onlookers are flabbergasted, and they form such a deep connection with their mount, be it flesh or machine, that it becomes the thing of legend. Where others ride their mounts, the savant becomes one with the mount.
The abilities gained with this track are only useable while mounted.

1st- Protect Mount- Anytime your mount would take damage, you may elect to block the damage and take it yourself.
       Mounted cover- you may take a swift action to hang off the side of your mount or otherwise hide behind it.You gain [cover] for 1 [round], but you cannot use Protect mount while benefiting from the cover.
       Daredevil - you gain a +1 to ride checks for every circle of mounted savant you have

2nd -Improved charge - You charge at double your move speed and do not provoke attacks of opportunity while charging. You may make your attack at any point during the charge.

3rd - Spur mount- By coaxing your mount for all its got, activating the nitro, or otherwise boosting your mount, you can get them to move faster than normal.  Once per [encounter] per 4 character levels, as a swift action, you can gain an extra move action on your current turn. If you use this move action to move, it provokes attacks of opportunity as normal

4th - Rideby attack - You may make a full attack at any time during your move, instead of only using it at the beginning or end of your movement for the round.

5th - Upgraded mount- At the beginning of the [scene], you may upgrade a mount. A mount may only possess one upgrade at a time, and the upgrade only functions while you are the rider. You may select one Relic or Greater mount property, or two lesser mount properties, and apply them to the mount. These properties function in addition to any properties the mount may already posses.

6th - Blurred speed- Any turn in which you move at least 60 ft, you gain a 50% [miss chance] against all attacks made against you.

7th- Mounted superiority-  You are the undisputed master of riding. Any mount you ride acts as if it has the bonded special property to you, even after you have dismounted, and you can mount or dismount as a free action.(This is an exception to the "These abilities only function while mounted" clause) If you successfully use daredevil to avoid an attack of oppurtunity from moving through someone's threatened area or surprise an opponent, you may leave them [Confused] for 2 rounds, as they are utterly bewildered by what you just did.

-------

I had drafted this for the track, but it didn't make it in the final version. I'm not extremely happy with it, but I figured I may as well post it  as well.
Feat -Joust - While mounted, If an enemy charges within your movement range, you may use an immediate action to joust with them. You move to meet them halfway through their movement, or as near to it as you can reach. Both you and the enemy make an attack roll. There is a +2 bonus to this roll if you are mounted. Whoever rolls higher and hits the  other's AC  does damage as if this were a charge attack. Additionally, the person hit must make a DC(10+1/2 level + STR) fort save or be knocked prone. A mounted character will be knocked off their mount if they fail, but may opt to use a ride check in place of this check.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:27:16 AM by Mystify »
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
  • Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mounted Savant
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:24:53 AM »
Daredevil - you gain a +1 to ride checks for every circle of cavalier you have
An old name for this track?

I really like the 6th and 7th circles of this track.
"Trifles go to make perfection, and perfection is no trifle."
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew

My friend just shared this: "Remember that time Gandalf convinced the whole party to flee so that he could take out the Balrog and not have to share any of the XP? Shows up the next session with fancy new robes and everything. What a jerk."

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mounted Savant
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 11:03:33 AM »
Daredevil - you gain a +1 to ride checks for every circle of cavalier you have
An old name for this track?

I really like the 6th and 7th circles of this track.
Yeah, I've fixed it.  Thanks.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly