Author Topic: Showoff  (Read 1481 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Showoff
« on: April 30, 2012, 04:07:55 AM »
Yeah, I know I just posted a track, but I was inspired.

Showoff
A show off performs a lot of fancy maneuvers that serve no real purpose, but amaze and awe onlookers. Many scoff at show-offs, thinking them arrogant and foolish, but in truth they wage a calculated psychological warfare against their opponents.
Note: Even though many abilities say weapon, they can be performed with unarmed strikes just as easily.

1st circle - Flourish
- By spending a swift action, you perform a fancy flourish with your weapon, dazzling your opponent with your skill. Make an combat intimidate check against an opponent within close range. If it succeeds, the opponent is [Dazzled] until the start of your next turn in addition to the normal effects of intimidate.

2nd circle - I'm not even trying - As part of a move action, you can pretend to ignore an enemy completely- you turn away, rest your weapon on your shoulder, or otherwise appear to let down your guard- allowing them to take an attack of oppurtunity. If they do, you may use an immediate action to perform a disarm attempt before they hit.

3rd circle - Confusing display- by spending a swift action, you perform an extremly complicated, confusing manuever. Make a combat bluff check against an opponent within close range. If it succeeds, the target is also [Confused] for 1 round in additon to the normal effects of bluff.

4th circle- Hypnotic display- By spending a standard action, you perform a complex show of skill that is so amazing, that onlookers can do nothing but stare in awe. One opponent within close range must make a will save(DC 10+1/2 level + charisma modifier) or be [Dazed] for 1 round.

5th circle- Center stage - when you use flourish or confusing display, it now targets all enemies within [close] range.

6th circle- Flourish of doom - A creature effected by your flourish becomes [Shaken], and [Sickened] instead of [Dazzled]

7th circle - To break a man - You are able to make lesser men collapse in confusion and awe with your skill. When you use hypnotic display on a [confused] opponent, you can cause them to [cower] instead of being [dazed].

Spoiler
I was really tempted to make a lot of the abilities be puns - like having them be [blown away] by your performance, but that would have resulted in a joke track
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

ConstableBrew

• Ranger
  • Mook
  • Undersecretary of Agriculture
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Showoff
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 05:08:53 PM »
This track is comedy!