Author Topic: Spider Racial Track  (Read 1483 times)

iemcd

• Minion
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • The Benign Brown Beast
    • Awards
Spider Racial Track
« on: May 19, 2012, 09:30:07 PM »
I realize a monster book is forthcoming, but for practice I thought I'd try my own spider track (I needed some spiders). I've only got the first part of it, which I figure is OK because spiders are pretty low-level enemies, although I could use help extending it. I'm currently more concerned about balance, being somewhat new to this.

The original (incomplete) Giant Spider Track + not great feat:
Spoiler
Giant Spider
+2 Dex, +2 Str, -2 Int
Medium
[Vermin] type (Practical effects?)
Darkvision
Bonus Feats (choose one):
    Breakneck Pace
    Feign Death
    To Iron Married

8 HP/level
5 skills
KOM:    Dex
KDM:    Wis
Good BAB, Good Fort and Ref

1st circle - Creeping (ex)
    You gain the Monkey Business feat even if you would not otherwise qualify.
    You gain access to the following natural weapon:
        Spider Bite - Melee, range [Melee], [Brutal 2], [Traumatizing]
2nd circle - Crawling (ex)
    You can spin webs. Given time, you can cover an area with webs, and any creature attempting to move through it must succeed at a DC 20 Perception check or become [Entangled] in it. A creature must make a larceny or strength check (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + Con) to break free.
    Additionally, 8 times/day you can make a ranged web attack to attempt to [Entangle] a creature:
        Web Attack - Ranged, range [Close], [Special, see description]
    A five-foot-square of web has HP equal to your level and 5 points of [Damage Reduction].
    You can sense the presence of any creature on your web, granting you the benefits of the blindsight spell.
3rd circle - Poison (ex)
    Whenever you hit with a bite attack, the target must succeed at a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + Con) or take Strength damage as per the spell poison.
4th circle - Crushing (ex)
   While on your web, you gain the benefits of the Towering feat, even if you would not normally qualify.

New Feat: Strong Webs (Racial)
You spin stronger webs than most.
Prerequisite: The ability to spin webs.
Benefit: The DC to escape or break your webs is 14 + 1/2 your level + Con.
Normal: The DC to escape or break your webs is 10 + 1/2 your level + Con.

The current (complete but unpolished)  Giant Spider track:
Spoiler
Giant Spider
+2 Dex, +2 Str, -2 Int
Medium
[Vermin] type
Darkvision
+1 AC
    Breakneck Pace
    Feign Death
    To Iron Married

8 HP/level
5 skills
KOM: Con
KDM: Dex

1st circle - Skitter (ex)
    You gain a climb speed equal to your base land speed. You also gain a +3 bonus to Acrobatics and the following natural weapon:
2nd circle - Creep (ex)
    You can spin webs. By spending five minutes you can cover one five-foot square with web and an additional square for every four character levels. You may freely attempt to conceal this web with the larceny skill, as a ranger concealing traps. Anyone who enters the square becomes [Entangled] in your web. Additionally, 4 times/[Scene] per two levels, you can use the web special attack:
        Web - Ranged, range [Close]
    Any creature hit with your Web attack becomes [Entangled] in your web.
    An [Entangled] creature must succeed at a larceny check (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM) to escape the web, or can attack the web. A five-foot square of web has HP equal to your character level and 5 points of [Damage Reduction].
3rd circle - Sting (ex)
    Whenever you hit a creature with your bite attack, that creature must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM) or take a -2 penalty to attack and damage rolls for the rest of the [Encounter].
4th circle - Crawl (ex)
    Your movements unnerve your enemies and play on primal fears. Whenever a creature moves within [Close] range of you, that creature must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KDM) or become [Shaken]. This effect is not optional, but creatures accustomed to you are immune.
5th circle - Stalk (su)
    You sit at the center of a vast web, even when no web can be seen. You gain the benefits of the blindsight spell at all times, and get a +5 racial bonus to your Awareness defense.
6th Circle - Crack (ex)
    [Entangled] creatures are [Helpless] to you. You do not provoke attacks of opportunity from them.
7th circle - Spawn (su)
    As a standard action you may make a single melee attack against a [Helpless] opponent. If the attack succeeds the opponent must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM) or become infested with spider eggs. An infested creature is [Battered] and [Sickened], and at the beginning of each round they must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM) or become [Nauseated] for that round. This condition may be lifted by a successful Medicine check. After 1d4+6 days the eggs hatch, killing the victim instantly. The hatchlings devour the corpse unless threatened, and then scurry off to repeat this gruesome cycle some other day.

Where possible, I borrowed things from Legend, and where I couldn't find them I used Pathfinder rules to fill in the gaps. I have concerns about using the spell poison directly (I'm not sure what else to use), and about the 4th circle being a little weak. But generally, any advice would be welcome.

EDIT 21 May 2012: Spoilered the original track, added the current incarnation of the track.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 06:36:03 PM by iemcd »

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Spider Racial Track
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »
I was planning on designing a Giant Anthropod track, which would be capable of modeling spiders, scorpions, crabs, etc. but I decided to hold off on it and see what the monster manual brought.

As far as this track goes, getting a feat for a circle is generally a bad idea. I know dragon does it, and is probably your reference point, but it is better to just give the effect, in this case a climb speed. however, a climb speed is worse than a flight speed, so the first circle probably needs a bit of a boost.

The static DC for the perception check is out of place. Abilities a creature possess should scale, not sit at a constant DC.
A "larceny or strength check" doesn't balance well. A larceny check is a dex check, with the possibility of adding your level if its trained. A strength check will never get such bonuses. Additionally, the same scaling that is used for saves is probably not appropriate for skill checks, and is certainly not appropriate for an attribute check. I don't even think attribute checks are a thing in Legend. The only one I can see is in Baptized in Rage, and that is probably an error. You also do not specify how long it takes, nor how much area, a spider can cover in web. This seems more like an environmental hazard that you are including in the track rather than an actual ability a monster should possess.

You also have an 8/day limit on the web attack. There are not per day limits in legend, the closest would be per scene. The entire 2nd circle doesn't seem to mesh well with the mechanics in legend.

I'd look at 3rd circle of discipline of the crane for poison use. They have once per [encounter] per two levels, swift action to activate, then 1d6 stat damage. However, stat damage is being removed, so it is better to just have the penalty you want to inflict.

Crushing is really out of place. Again, it is giving a feat, which is bad, and it doesn't really seem thematically appropriate. You might use towering as inspiration, but it should be its own ability.

The race itself is missing a property. You have darkvision, which is fine, but there is no second one.
The feat is not that good. Giving a bonus to a DC is something that should be done carefully. The most similar one is Explosives Expert, and that gives a feat bonus to a skill, and a +2 to DCs for a track. Giving +4 to DCs for a specific ability is not good.

Everything in legend should be just as viable for a player as an NPC. An ability to great existing terrain features to sit around in and battle with is useful for a NPC, but a PC who is likely travelling it will never get used. At the very least, you should offer an option between a web-weaver or a hunting spider, where the webweaver can make the static web and utilize it while the hunting spider gets some other type of bonus. Even that seems somewhat out of place.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

iemcd

• Minion
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • The Benign Brown Beast
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 10:24:36 AM »
Thanks for the feedback!

I was planning on designing a Giant Anthropod track, which would be capable of modeling spiders, scorpions, crabs, etc. but I decided to hold off on it and see what the monster manual brought.
I would have liked to see this, but I feel like spiders have a different enough range of abilities that it would be difficult.

As far as this track goes, getting a feat for a circle is generally a bad idea. I know dragon does it, and is probably your reference point, but it is better to just give the effect, in this case a climb speed. however, a climb speed is worse than a flight speed, so the first circle probably needs a bit of a boost.
Dragon was indeed my reference point, but I see what you're saying as well.

The static DC for the perception check is out of place. Abilities a creature possess should scale, not sit at a constant DC.
A "larceny or strength check" doesn't balance well. A larceny check is a dex check, with the possibility of adding your level if its trained. A strength check will never get such bonuses. Additionally, the same scaling that is used for saves is probably not appropriate for skill checks, and is certainly not appropriate for an attribute check. I don't even think attribute checks are a thing in Legend. The only one I can see is in Baptized in Rage, and that is probably an error. You also do not specify how long it takes, nor how much area, a spider can cover in web. This seems more like an environmental hazard that you are including in the track rather than an actual ability a monster should possess.

You also have an 8/day limit on the web attack. There are not per day limits in legend, the closest would be per scene. The entire 2nd circle doesn't seem to mesh well with the mechanics in legend.
This ability was troublesome, and I ended up crudely adapting pathfinder rules for most of it. I think it's slightly more refined now, but thanks mostly to you.

I'd look at 3rd circle of discipline of the crane for poison use. They have once per [encounter] per two levels, swift action to activate, then 1d6 stat damage. However, stat damage is being removed, so it is better to just have the penalty you want to inflict.
I hadn't remembered discipline of the serpent, thanks. Although I'm unsure what I'll do without stat damage, directly applying a penalty seems stronger to me, possibly too much.

Crushing is really out of place. Again, it is giving a feat, which is bad, and it doesn't really seem thematically appropriate. You might use towering as inspiration, but it should be its own ability.
I was stretching here because I felt like I would need to make seven circles. All I could remember was that spiders are always anti-flying in MTG.

Everything in legend should be just as viable for a player as an NPC. An ability to great existing terrain features to sit around in and battle with is useful for a NPC, but a PC who is likely travelling it will never get used. At the very least, you should offer an option between a web-weaver or a hunting spider, where the webweaver can make the static web and utilize it while the hunting spider gets some other type of bonus. Even that seems somewhat out of place.
Eventually, I would like to make this a complete track, but for now it's just for me. The thought was to model web spinning on a ranger's "Reap the Whirlwind" ability, so that's been made more explicit now. I do not think the split between hunting and spinning spiders fits very well with Legend, I much prefer the idea that spiders can do either but tend towards one.

Anyway, taking all of your advice into account, the Spider currently looks like:
Spoiler
Giant Spider
+2 Dex, +2 Str, -2 Int
Medium
[Vermin] type
Darkvision
+1 AC
    Breakneck Pace
    Feign Death
    To Iron Married

8 HP/level
5 skills
KOM:    Con
KDM:    Dex

You gain a climb speed equal to your base land speed. You also gain the following natural weapon:
2nd circle - Creep (ex)
    You can spin webs. By spending five minutes you can cover one five-foot square with web and an additional square for every four character levels. You may freely attempt to conceal this web with the larceny skill, as a ranger concealing traps. Anyone who enters the square becomes [Entangled] in your web. Additionally, 4 times/[Scene] per two levels, you can use the web special attack:
        Web - Ranged, range [Close], [Special, see description]
    An [Entangled] creature must succeed at a larceny check (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM) to escape the web, or can attack the web. A five-foot square of web has HP equal to your character level and 5 points of [Damage Reduction].
3rd circle - Sting (ex)
    Whenever you hit a creature with your bite attack, that creature must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM) or {take 1d6 Str damage || become paralyzed}.
4th circle - Crawl (ex)
    Your movements unnerve your enemies and play on primal fears. Whenever you attack a [Flat-footed], [Shaken], [Frightened], or [Panicked] creature, that creature must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM) or become [Shaken].
5th circle - Stalk (su)
    You sit at the center of a vast web, even when no web can be seen. You gain the benefits of the blindsight spell at all times.
Preview does not appear to have working spoilers?

EDIT 20 May 2012: Formatting Stuff.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:26:23 AM by iemcd »

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 01:27:10 PM »
Thanks for the feedback!

I would have liked to see this, but I feel like spiders have a different enough range of abilities that it would be difficult.
There is a lot of overlap. Many arthropods wold have a climb speed, a poison attack works just as well for a bite as a scorpion sting, they can easily be considered very scary, etc. The track would have a variety of options, and by selecting the right ones you end up with a spider, by selecting different ones you would have different anthropoids. Both crabs and scorpions have giant claws,for instance, many would get flight, some would have jump bonuses, many would have natural armor, etc. Its mostly conceptual right now, since I'm not going to develop it if the monster manual handles it adequately, and there are some rules, like grappleing, that might be useful to have first.

Dragon was indeed my reference point, but I see what you're saying as well.

This ability was troublesome, and I ended up crudely adapting pathfinder rules for most of it. I think it's slightly more refined now, but thanks mostly to you.

I hadn't remembered discipline of the serpent, thanks. Although I'm unsure what I'll do without stat damage, directly applying a penalty seems stronger to me, possibly too much.

I was stretching here because I felt like I would need to make seven circles. All I could remember was that spiders are always anti-flying in MTG.

Eventually, I would like to make this a complete track, but for now it's just for me. The thought was to model web spinning on a ranger's "Reap the Whirlwind" ability, so that's been made more explicit now. I do not think the split between hunting and spinning spiders fits very well with Legend, I much prefer the idea that spiders can do either but tend towards one.

Anyway, taking all of your advice into account, the Spider currently looks like:
Spoiler
Giant Spider
+2 Dex, +2 Str, -2 Int
Medium
[Vermin] type
Darkvision
+1 AC
    Breakneck Pace
    Feign Death
    To Iron Married

8 HP/level
5 skills
KOM:    Con
KDM:    Dex

You gain a climb speed equal to your base land speed. You also gain the following natural weapon:
2nd circle - Creep (ex)
3rd circle - Sting (ex)
    Whenever you hit a creature with your bite attack, that creature must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM) or {take 1d6 Str damage || become paralyzed}.
4th circle - Crawl (ex)
    Your movements unnerve your enemies and play on primal fears. Whenever you attack a [Flat-footed], [Shaken], [Frightened], or [Panicked] creature, that creature must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM) or become [Shaken].
5th circle - Stalk (su)
    You sit at the center of a vast web, even when no web can be seen. You gain the benefits of the blindsight spell at all times.
Preview does not appear to have working spoilers?

EDIT 20 May 2012: Formatting Stuff.
Skitter still needs something extra. Maybe a slight bonus to reflex saves.
Instead of str damage, you could have a -2 penalty to attack and damage.
crawl its kinda awckward. They don't really have any way to start the chain, but once there they can easily build up [shaken] to get the creature to cowering. I'd just make it a fear aura.
continual blindsight is a bit weak for 5th, that would balance better at 4th. You could add a minor bonus to beef it up slightly.
I would also strongly consider abilities that activate from attacking entangled opponents.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

iemcd

• Minion
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • The Benign Brown Beast
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 06:18:32 PM »
Thanks again for the feedback!

There is a lot of overlap. Many arthropods wold have a climb speed, a poison attack works just as well for a bite as a scorpion sting, they can easily be considered very scary, etc. The track would have a variety of options, and by selecting the right ones you end up with a spider, by selecting different ones you would have different anthropoids. Both crabs and scorpions have giant claws,for instance, many would get flight, some would have jump bonuses, many would have natural armor, etc. Its mostly conceptual right now, since I'm not going to develop it if the monster manual handles it adequately, and there are some rules, like grappleing, that might be useful to have first.
All I could remember for arthropods was spiders, scorpions, and lobsters. That does make more sense now though, and if the monster book doesn't satisfy you and you do make this, I'd love to see it.

Skitter still needs something extra. Maybe a slight bonus to reflex saves.
Added an acrobatics bonus. It feels strange to me to combine multiple little bonuses and abilities into one heading, but I agree that it seems necessary.

Instead of str damage, you could have a -2 penalty to attack and damage.
I see what you mean now. Also done. Thanks for the inside information  ;).

crawl its kinda awckward. They don't really have any way to start the chain, but once there they can easily build up [shaken] to get the creature to cowering. I'd just make it a fear aura.
The thought (in retrospect, this might just be me), was that spiders are always scary when you just catch them out the corner of your eye. That's why the chain started with [Flat-footed]. The fear conditions were added on the grounds that just because something else is scary doesn't mean that catching a spider at the edge of vision wouldn't unnerve you further, but I see the flaw in that now. A fear aura is a very sensible replacement.

Incidentally, are there lighting conditions on Legend, or just "light" and "dark"? That was one of my first thoughts on this ability.

continual blindsight is a bit weak for 5th, that would balance better at 4th. You could add a minor bonus to beef it up slightly.
Done.

I would also strongly consider abilities that activate from attacking entangled opponents.
I added something of this sort, although it might be a bit weak for the circle it's in (6th), I'm not sure.

Currently then, the Spider looks like:
Spoiler
Giant Spider
+2 Dex, +2 Str, -2 Int
Medium
[Vermin] type
Darkvision
+1 AC
      Breakneck Pace
      Feign Death
      To Iron Married

8 HP/level
5 skills
KOM:   Con
KDM:   Dex

You gain a climb speed equal to your base land speed. You also gain a +3 bonus to Acrobatics and the following natural weapon:
2nd circle - Creep (ex)
3rd circle - Sting (ex)
   Whenever you hit a creature with your bite attack, that creature must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM) or take a -2 penalty to attack and damage rolls for the rest of the [Encounter] (Heal DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM).
4th circle - Crawl (ex)
   Your movements unnerve your enemies and play on primal fears. Whenever a creature moves within [Close] range of you, that creature must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KDM) or become [Shaken]. This effect is not optional, but creatures accustomed to you are immune.
5th circle - Stalk (su)
   You sit at the center of a vast web, even when no web can be seen. You gain the benefits of the blindsight spell at all times, and get a +5 racial bonus to your Awareness defense.
6th Circle - Crack (ex)
   [Entangled] creatures are [Helpless] to you. You do not provoke attacks of opportunity from them.

There is still no 7th circle ability, although if I think of a good one I'll add it.

Djtooth

• Rogue
  • Elite
  • Tourist wielding a Pez dispenser that holds kunai.
  • Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 05:39:52 PM »
The spiders chassis conflicts a bit with its class.
with KOM as Con and KDM as Dex the extra +2 STR does nothing as Con should be higher than the characters Str.
Proposal is KOM Str  KDM Dex.

Idea for a 7th circle ability
7th - Creeping Death- As a standard action you may make a single melee attack against a helpless opponent. If the attack succeeds the opponent must make a fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM) or be infected by a swarm of hatching spider eggs. On a failed save the opponent is [battered] and [Sickened], and on the beginning of their turn they must succeed a fortitude (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM) save or become Nauseated for one round. This condition lasts until a medicine check of DC (10 + KOM + CL)  cures the victim. After one day the eggs hatch killing the victim. (If their torso explodes is fatal) The hatch-lings quickly scurry off to repeat this gruesome cycle some other day.
Two dictionaries and a chicken were playing tag one day, they are joined by a tree and some marshmallows.

iemcd

• Minion
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • The Benign Brown Beast
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 06:28:44 PM »
Thanks for the input!

The spiders chassis conflicts a bit with its class.
with KOM as Con and KDM as Dex the extra +2 STR does nothing as Con should be higher than the characters Str.
Proposal is KOM Str  KDM Dex.
The racial bonuses from a race do not need to correspond to the KOM and KDM of its racial track, although this is sometimes the case. The thought behind the Str bonus is that it helps Athletics and consequently the speed of the spider, because I feel like spiders should be fast. Con is the track's KOM because the majority of its attacks are products of its anatomy (web, poison, etc.) which is tied to Con. I see what you're saying, but don't see it as a major conflict.

Idea for a 7th circle ability
7th - Creeping Death- As a standard action you may make a single melee attack against a helpless opponent. If the attack succeeds the opponent must make a fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM) or be infected by a swarm of hatching spider eggs. On a failed save the opponent is [battered] and [Sickened], and on the beginning of their turn they must succeed a fortitude (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM) save or become Nauseated for one round. This condition lasts until a medicine check of DC (10 + KOM + CL)  cures the victim. After one day the eggs hatch killing the victim. (If their torso explodes is fatal) The hatch-lings quickly scurry off to repeat this gruesome cycle some other day.
I think that fits really well. I've tweaked a few things to my liking and added it.

The now complete, if not well-tuned Spider track looks like:
Spoiler
Giant Spider
+2 Dex, +2 Str, -2 Int
Medium
[Vermin] type
Darkvision
+1 AC
      Breakneck Pace
      Feign Death
      To Iron Married

8 HP/level
5 skills
KOM:   Con
KDM:   Dex

2nd circle - Creep (ex)
3rd circle - Sting (ex)
   Whenever you hit a creature with your bite attack, that creature must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM) or take a -2 penalty to attack and damage rolls for the rest of the [Encounter] (Heal DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM).
4th circle - Crawl (ex)
5th circle - Stalk (su)
6th Circle - Crack (ex)
7th circle - Spawn (su)
   As a standard action you may make a single melee attack against a [Helpless] opponent. If the attack succeeds the opponent must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM) or become infested with spider eggs. An infested creature is [Battered] and [Sickened], and at the beginning of each round they must make a Fortitude (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + KOM) save or become [Nauseated] for that round. This condition may be lifted by a successful Medicine check (after the [Battered] condition has been lifted). After 7+1d4 days the eggs hatch, killing the victim instantly. The hatchlings devour the corpse unless threatened, and then scurry off to repeat this gruesome cycle some other day.

I also feel that now would be a good time to make some arbitrary notes on the design that I had accumulated mentally:
  • If you fire a web at a creature, it is [Entangled] but still mobile, but if the creature stumbles into your web it is both [Entangled] and immobilized, because the web is anchored to something.
  • The alternating "S"/"Cr" sounds for names appeal to me, but are entirely unnecessary. The largest stretch is "Creep", which really only makes sense if you consider it in the sense of the Zerg. "Crack" refers to the image I had of a spider cracking the skull of an entangled victim, but I'm not sure this would be apparent.
  • Crack works with any [Entangled] creature, not just those [Entangled] in your web. By contrast, the text of Creep refers only to creatures [Entangled] in your web. I'm hoping this was made clear by context.
  • Obviously Spawn is an inefficient way to reproduce, as very few creatures in a world will ever achieve a 7th circle ability. Giant spiders probably reproduce normally, and Spawn is just a particularly gruesome alternative. Given this and that it requires no mate, I made is a supernatural ability.

Djtooth

• Rogue
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 08:59:03 PM »
You should update the original post with the new track.
Two dictionaries and a chicken were playing tag one day, they are joined by a tree and some marshmallows.

ConstableBrew

• Ranger
  • Mook
  • Undersecretary of Agriculture
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 01:14:39 PM »
Wow, I really like this track. Good job.

Djtooth

• Rogue
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 02:25:18 PM »
Names for 6th circle Trap, Ambush, Exploit.

iemcd

• Minion
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • The Benign Brown Beast
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 06:44:22 PM »
You should update the original post with the new track.
Good call. I have done that now.

Wow, I really like this track. Good job.
Thanks! I had help.

Names for 6th circle Trap, Ambush, Exploit.
I think I'm leaving it for now to keep with the "S"/"Cr" sound pattern. Unless I have a good name for every track patterns are easier.

I also fixed some stray wordings and redundant things. For posterity, I'll just clarify some things that could have been made ambiguous by this:
  • The [Battered] condition must still be removed before the infested "condition" can be removed.
  • If the infested condition is successfully removed, the eggs are gone, and the person will not die.
  • In general, the Medicine DC to fix something is the same as the DC that caused it. I've been removing stray DCs when I find them, but there were still a few kicking around.
Changes made appear in the first post.