Author Topic: Iino Doue track  (Read 1746 times)

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
  • Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Iino Doue track
« on: May 24, 2012, 09:00:34 PM »
IinoDoue/EnergyVampire/SpellDrinker/Leech/Battery track (I have no idea what to name this track, its circles, or its reinforcements)
Restriction: Unlike most tracks, this track is only available to characters through the Guild Initiation feat.
There exist some whose very essence is in tune with magic (the weave, ley lines, etc...). Though this grants them extraordinary resistance to magic, it leaves their being in a volatile state. For some it is inborn, though most acquire these abilities at great risk through the research divisions of their guilds. Few have command enough of their powers to subsist on ambient magic alone, and few live in places where ambient magic is strong enough to sustain them. Thus, their existence is one of a constant lust for magic. You most often see them as bodyguards for parties consisting primarily of mages, because having magic users on their side is even more of a benefit than fighting them.

1st Circle - Iino DoueSU
As a Free Action that can be taken at any time, you may negate the damaging effects, on yourself only, of any Spell of your Circle of lower that deals damage (regardless of whether you would actually have taken damage from it) in which you are in the Area of Effect and gain a number of Mana Points equal to the circle of the Spell. For Spells with a duration longer than [Instantaneous], using this ability renders the Spell ineffective against you for its entire duration, but you can only gain Mana Points for any given Spell casting once. You may never have more than Level# + 1 Mana Points, though you may still negate damaging Spell effects on yourself.
You may spend these points as an Immediate Action to use a type of Spell-Like Abilities called Reinforcements, which are listed below this track. You may only use Reinforcements of your Circle of lower and must spend a number of Mana Points equal to the Circle of the Reinforcement.
Your Mana Point count carries over between [Encounters], resetting to 1 between [Scenes]. Additionally, while in an [Encounter], you lose 1 Mana Point at the end of every [Round] to a minimum of 0 unless below 0. While at 0 or fewer Mana Points, all Reinforcements are dispelled, and you are treated as [Exhausted] (ignores [Immunity] and cannot be dispelled). Suffering a critical hit causes you to lose 1 Mana Point.
When observed, Iino Doue can be identified through a DC 35 Arcana check.

2nd Circle - BoostEX
Choose 1 Reinforcement no higher than 2nd Circle. This Reinforcement is treated as a passive ability while you maintain enough Spell Points to cast it. You may change your Boost Reinforcement between [Scenes]. The same Reinforcement may not be chosen for Boost, Boosta, or Boostaga. Also, you may not use any Reinforcement you currently have chosen for Boost, Boosta, or Boostaga

3rd Circle - Duracell
While you have your Mana Points maxed out, you will not lose any Mana Points per [Turn].
While at 0 or fewer Mana Points, you are instead treated at [Fatigued] (ignores [Immunity] and cannot be dispelled).
As a Standard Action and Move Action combined, you may gain 1 Mana Point and lose no Mana Points at the end of that [Round].

4th Circle - BoostaEX
Choose another Reinforcement, this time no higher than 4th Circle. This Reinforcement is treated as a passive ability while you maintain enough Spell Points to cast it and the Reinforcement from Boost. You may change your Boosta Reinforcement between [Scenes]. Additionally, you may change your Boost Reinforcement between [Encounters].

5th Circle - Energizer
Your Mana Point count now carries over between [Scenes], resetting to 1 between [Quests]. Additionally, you you lose 1 Mana Point at the end of every [Encounter] instead of every [Round] to a minimum of 0 unless below 0.
You are no longer treated as [Fatigued] for being at 0 or fewer Mana Points.
As a Standard Action and Move Action combined, you may gain 2 Mana Points and lose no Mana Points at the end of that [Round].
As a Standard Action, you may gain 1 Mana Point and lose no Mana Points at the end of that [Round].

6th Circle - BoostagaEX
Choose yet another Reinforcement, this time no higher than 6th Circle. This Reinforcement is treated as a passive ability while you maintain enough Spell Points to cast it and the Reinforcements from Boost and Boosta. You may change your Boostaga Reinforcement between [Scenes]. Additionally, you may change your Boosta Reinforcement between [Encounters] and your Boost Reinforcement between [Rounds].

7th Circle - Stability
Your Reinforcements are no longer dispelled for being at 0 or fewer Mana Points. Additionally, you will not continue to lose Mana Points if below 0.
As a Standard Action and Move Action combined, you may gain 3 Mana Points and lose no Mana Points at the end of that [Round].
As a Standard Action, you may gain 2 Mana Points and lose no Mana Points at the end of that [Round].
As a Move Action, you may gain 1 Mana Point and lose no Mana Points at the end of that [Round].
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:23:13 PM by Yoder »
"Trifles go to make perfection, and perfection is no trifle."
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew

My friend just shared this: "Remember that time Gandalf convinced the whole party to flee so that he could take out the Balrog and not have to share any of the XP? Shows up the next session with fancy new robes and everything. What a jerk."

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
  • Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Iino Doue track
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 09:00:58 PM »
Reinforcement List [WIP]
The Spell-Like Abilities in this list stack with each other. Unless otherwise specified, all Reinforcements may only be cast on yourself (the Bastion can still broadcast these effects unless specifically forbidden). Some Reinforcements may have additional or contingent costs, which can be paid for even when you don't have enough Mana Points. By doing this, your Mana Points may go into the negatives.

1st Circle
Jack Be Nimble: You may move 5 feet. You may spend additional Mana Points to move 5 more feet for every 2 extra Mana Points spent.

2nd Circle
Shrug It Off: upgrade/downgrade your/their resistance tier (none < lesser < normal < greater < immunity)

3rd Circle
Still Kicking I: You gain [Immunity] to the [Bleeding] condition until the start of your next turn.

4th Circle
Still Kicking II: You gain [Immunity] to the [Battered] and [Bleeding] conditions until the start of your next turn.
Quick Study II: You automatically pass your next skill check in one of your trained skills or your target automatically fails the next skill check in one of their untrained skills, whichever comes first.

5th Circle
Still Kicking III: You gain [Immunity] to the [Disabled], [Battered], and [Bleeding] conditions until the start of your next turn.
I Dare You II: You automatically critical against the next target you attack or automatically uncritical the next critical attack against you, whichever comes first.

6th Circle
Still Kicking IV: You gain [Immunity] to the [Dying], [Disabled], [Battered], and [Bleeding] conditions until the start of your next turn.
Hit Me II: You automatically hit the next target you attack or automatically dodge the next attack against you, whichever comes first.

7th Circle
Still Kicking V: You gain [Immunity] to the [Dead], [Dying], [Disabled], [Battered], and [Bleeding] conditions until the start of your next turn.
Save Yourself II: You automatically pass the next save you make or your target automatically fails the next save you make them make, whichever comes first.

IDEAS:
Quick Study I: plus/minus to your/their skill check
I Dare You I: plus/minus to your/their crit range
Save Yourself I: plus/minus to your/their save
Hit Me I: plus to your attackRoll/AC
: upgrade your fast healing => self-heal
: gain swimming/climbing/burrowing/flying
: gain better sight modes
: get a social encounter token
: purge all status conditions
other stat boosts?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:47:39 PM by Yoder »
"Trifles go to make perfection, and perfection is no trifle."
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew

My friend just shared this: "Remember that time Gandalf convinced the whole party to flee so that he could take out the Balrog and not have to share any of the XP? Shows up the next session with fancy new robes and everything. What a jerk."