Author Topic: Cutie Pie  (Read 3546 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Cutie Pie
« on: June 04, 2012, 02:48:09 PM »
Cutie Pie

A Cutie Pie a person or creature who is extremely cute, appearing harmless, and uses it to get their way. However, just because it is cute does not mean it is harmless...
Taking Cutie Pie changes your KOM to charisma, unless your KDM is already charisma.

Circle 1- Too cute to killEX: Your overwhelming cuteness causes enemies to hesitate, and have a hard time attacking you, though any harmful actions on your part will break the effect. You start each [Encounter] under the effect of Sanctuary

Circle 2- Hidden dangerEX: Each [Round] you have not taken a hostile action, you gain a you gain a harmless point, which represents your cuteness causing enemies to dismiss you as a threat, even if they  should know better. When you attack, you add two times your charisma modifier in [Precision] damage for every harmless point you have to all damage for 1 round. You lose all harmless points if you take an offensive action(though you can still use them on that action), and you cannot gain harmless points after you have taken an offensive action in the [Encounter]

Circle 3- Oooh, KittyEX: As long as you have at least one harmless point, you may spend a swift action to flutter your eyes and attract attention. All enemies within [Close] range must make a will save(DC 10+1/2 level + your charisma modifier) or be [flat footed] as they are distracted by your cuteness

Circle 4- Persistent threatEX:
Even after you start attacking your strikes prove dangerous. Your attacks do [precision] damage equal to your level.

Circle 5- Encourage  sympathyEX: While under half of your maximum hit points, you may spend a harmless point to garner sympathy from a creature within [Close] range as  move action. The target creature must make a will save(DC 10+1/2 level + your charisma modifier) or be forced to heal you as best it can on its turn. If the creature has no ability to heal other creatures, this ability has no effect.

Circle 6- Exude cutenessEX: You may spend a standard action to play up your cuteness. Target one creature in [Close] range. They must make a will save(DC 10+1/2 level + your charisma modifier) or become so enamored with you that they will put their life on the line for you. The next ability that targets you, or AoE that includes you, will instead target the person subject to this effect if you are within their [melee] reach.

Circle 7- Cute overloadEX: The first time a creature enters [Close] range of you in an [Encounter], they must make a will save(DC 10+1/2 level + your charisma modifier) or be [Stunned] for 1 round, being so overwhelmed by how adorable you are they forget what they are doing momentarily.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 08:15:48 PM by Mystify »
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
  • Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Cutie Pie
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 09:52:29 PM »
Circle 3 could cause balance problems if your teammates die. What is the enemy supposed to do (and that affecting multiple enemies simultaneously is entirely possible)?

This is more of a nitpick, but how does Circle 4 fit with the track thematically?
"Trifles go to make perfection, and perfection is no trifle."
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew

My friend just shared this: "Remember that time Gandalf convinced the whole party to flee so that he could take out the Balrog and not have to share any of the XP? Shows up the next session with fancy new robes and everything. What a jerk."

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 11:13:50 PM »
Circle 3 could cause balance problems if your teammates die. What is the enemy supposed to do (and that affecting multiple enemies simultaneously is entirely possible)?

This is more of a nitpick, but how does Circle 4 fit with the track thematically?
If you are alone against an enemy and are not taking offensive options, then you aren't going to accomplish much. And how do you affect multiple enemies simultaneously?

Circle 4 fits because the idea is that they are something that is cute, but can turn out to be fierce when they stop being coy about it. 2nd circle lets them open strongly, 4th circle gives them some sting afterwards.

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 08:05:25 AM »
But Circle 3 prevents them from attacking entirely. So if it's one-on-one, it's really unfair.
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew

My friend just shared this: "Remember that time Gandalf convinced the whole party to flee so that he could take out the Balrog and not have to share any of the XP? Shows up the next session with fancy new robes and everything. What a jerk."

Zejety

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Sage of Heed
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Track Overview
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 08:40:03 AM »
I have to agree with Yoder. Circle 4 seems really out of place here. Remember that most creatures will have more than just this one track, and can get their dangerous/offensive abilities from them.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 09:58:55 AM »
Without those abilites, this track would mean you would never, ever want to take offensive actions. Even as-is, it is strongly encouraging you to find a non-offensive build- perhaps a incantation shaman based on buffing and healing, as one example. But I want the track to still do something for you after you break your pacifism. I also want it to encourage you to eventually strike out. having the harmless points be used to fuel the other features probably undermined the intent of the 2nd circle, so I should reconsider that.
The 3rd circle does seem to be too powerful, and I should change it. I just need to figure out a suitable replacement.

Grue

• Monk
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Eye of Seeing Dungeon Delver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 10:19:19 AM »
maybe you can only have as many harmless points as the circles in the track you have?

how about a bonus if your first offensive action is an AoO?
"Oh, look it's a harmless creature. I'm just going to walk by and-"*mauled*

grayswx

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 10:19:52 AM »
Is the 5th circle really useful?  How often are you going to be reduced to below half health before you take an offensive action?

Proposed 3rd circle: Once per [Encounter], when reduced below half health, you may use an immediate action to drop your weapon and overplay the wound- burst into tears, clutch the wound and look shocked, cry out and  look shocked, whatever suits you. You regain Sanctuary and the ability to gain harmless points if you have lost them.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 11:05:39 AM »
maybe you can only have as many harmless points as the circles in the track you have?

how about a bonus if your first offensive action is an AoO?
"Oh, look it's a harmless creature. I'm just going to walk by and-"*mauled*
The problem isn't gaining too many, you can only gain 1 a round. The problem is spending that 1 so you never build up a supply to make circle 2 tempting.

Is the 5th circle really useful?  How often are you going to be reduced to below half health before you take an offensive action?

Proposed 3rd circle: Once per [Encounter], when reduced below half health, you may use an immediate action to drop your weapon and overplay the wound- burst into tears, clutch the wound and look shocked, cry out and  look shocked, whatever suits you. You regain Sanctuary and the ability to gain harmless points if you have lost them.
Part of this track's Schtick is to delay on taking an offensive action as long as possible. There are may things you can do that are not offensive. That circle allows you to stick it out until you are below half health, get healed by the opponent, and then drop your facade.

Kalik

• Ranger
  • Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 01:24:38 PM »
3rd circle doesn't seem to actually work.... They aren't allowed to attack you until you do something offensive, And when you do something offensive you lose all of your harmless points, and after that you can't gain any more harmless points. While 5th circle can kinda work do to AoE,  3rd circle will never go off, unless the dm allows it to effect whirlwind. Even then....

Grue

• Monk
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Eye of Seeing Dungeon Delver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 01:45:48 PM »
3rd circle doesn't seem to actually work.... They aren't allowed to attack you until you do something offensive, And when you do something offensive you lose all of your harmless points, and after that you can't gain any more harmless points. While 5th circle can kinda work do to AoE,  3rd circle will never go off, unless the dm allows it to effect whirlwind. Even then....
it's not that they aren't allowed, they just have to make a will save first. if you save against the Sanctuary, you can attack them while they still have harmless points.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 01:53:40 PM »
As Grue said, sanctuary means you must make a will save to attack them. The 3rd circle means that even if you penetrate it and hit them, there is another save to continue. However, the ability isn't really well balanced and interacts poorly with other things, so I need to do something else anyways.

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 06:06:28 PM »
I'm not certain about this, and I didn't notice it on a quick skim over the rulebook, but isn't the general rule in Legend that you don't continually make checks every round unless sated otherwise (aka: if you fail a save against a Sanctuary, you don't get another chance)?
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 06:40:58 PM »
I'm not certain about this, and I didn't notice it on a quick skim over the rulebook, but isn't the general rule in Legend that you don't continually make checks every round unless sated otherwise (aka: if you fail a save against a Sanctuary, you don't get another chance)?
Actually, as written sanctuary is more like "Save every round to attack, and stop attacking when you fail a save". However, that is being fixed to a "save to attack each round", and if you fail the save you can attack something else. And the only place I can think of where the general rule is you don't make a check every round is with skill checks, and even that has many exceptions.

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 07:25:50 PM »
I'm aware of that, but notice the fail. You can't make a check again for the rest of the encounter.
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew