Author Topic: Homebrew Enchantments  (Read 4609 times)

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
  • Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Homebrew Enchantments
« on: June 30, 2012, 09:53:12 PM »
I'm sure you all have some interesting ideas, so post your homebrew enchantments here!

The parenthesized number is the point cost.

(1) Countering [Shield]:
Every blow taken by this shield puts you in a better position.
Lesser/Greater/Relic/Artifact: Whenever you are hit by an opponent with an attack while using this shield, you gain a +1 item bonus to attack rolls against that opponent for one [Round]. This bonus stacks with itself, up to a maximum of 1, + 1 per six character levels you possess.

(2) Solar [Weapon] [Armor] [Shield]:
You can channel the intense light of the sun.
Greater: Once per [Encounter], you may use Searing Light as the spell, with a save DC of (10 + ½ your level + your KOM).
Relic/Artifact: As Greater, and once per [Scene], you may use Sunburst as the spell, with a save DC of (10 + ½ your level + your KOM).
Artifact: As Relic, but you may use Sunburst once per [Encounter] instead.

(1) Vorpal [Weapon]:
When you get in a good hit, you get in a GOOD hit.
Lesser/Greater/Relic/Artifact: On a successful critical hit, you add your level to your bonus damage, resulting in bonus damage equal to Level*3.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 03:37:30 PM by Yoder »
"Trifles go to make perfection, and perfection is no trifle."
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew

My friend just shared this: "Remember that time Gandalf convinced the whole party to flee so that he could take out the Balrog and not have to share any of the XP? Shows up the next session with fancy new robes and everything. What a jerk."

...You Lost Me

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Homebrew Enchantments
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 12:58:42 AM »
why not put countering on weapons too?

gkathellar

• Tactician
  • Global Moderator
  • Ace
  • My right hand was thunder, and my left was stone
  • Scroll of Scribes RoC Staff Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing Dev Team Art Aficionado Magic 8-Ball
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 08:28:07 AM »
Assuming I grasp the intent correctly, I think that's because it's been written as an opposite number to Neutralizing.
Seven is the Number of Legend.
This is my mod voice.

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 12:40:05 PM »
Yes, that's correct, GK.

So, does anybody else have some homebrew enchantments they'd like to post?
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew

My friend just shared this: "Remember that time Gandalf convinced the whole party to flee so that he could take out the Balrog and not have to share any of the XP? Shows up the next session with fancy new robes and everything. What a jerk."

Djtooth

• Rogue
  • Elite
  • Tourist wielding a Pez dispenser that holds kunai.
  • Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 04:54:18 PM »
Venomous Weapon 1pt
Lesser, Greater- When ever an opponent is struck by this weapon they must succeed a fortitude save (10+KOM) or suffer -1d20 rolls until the end of their next turn. For every strike after the first causes the opponent to take a -1 to the saving throw.
Relic Artifact- As lesser but this effect stacks. And the saving throw debuff increases to -2.

of the Gorgon Shield 3pts
1/encounter As a move action all opponents within [Close] range must succeed a will save or become [Petrified] for three rounds. [Blinded] units are immune to this effect.

of the Gargoyle Armor 3pts
As a move action you may become [Petrified] for up to three rounds, gaining [Greater resistance] to physical damage, [fast-healing] equal to your level and the effects of the sanctuary spell.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:17:13 AM by Djtooth »
Two dictionaries and a chicken were playing tag one day, they are joined by a tree and some marshmallows.

Exelixi

• Barbarian
  • Ace
  • Dwarfs can do lots of stuff. Like dig.
  • Contest Champion Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 01:42:21 AM »
Cold Hate

2 point- Armour

Greater/relic/artifact: Choose one track you have that grants fury bonuses and one track you have that grants precision damage. You may benefit from the second track's Precision damage while benefiting from the first track's fury bonuses.
http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.php/topic,1185.0.html - A point-buy chassis (class) system. Perfectly balanced by the judicious application of SCIENCE!

""Release your inner dwarf.  Then get him some ale!" -EspyLacopa
"I have no idea what Exelixi looks like. I just picture crow feathers and a claymore." -Fro

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 01:57:24 AM »
Cold Hate

2 point- Armour

Greater/relic/artifact: Choose one track you have that grants fury bonuses and one track you have that grants precision damage. You may benefit from the second track's Precision damage while benefiting from the first track's fury bonuses.
They don't stack for a reason. a greater item way to cheap to remove that balancing factor from the system. Also, consider just the raw numerical bonus of doing this. You could be getting a +7 attack bonus you weren't before, or a +25 damage per hit, depending on which way you look at it. a coldfire ingot, as an easy comparison, is a +12 damage, assuming you have a +10 in your str or con, which requires other investments and racial bonuses and point buys to get.And thats a full greater item; this is a +2 bonus, which is less than a greater item, because even when simply used to make a greater item, it also comes with an AC boost.
It would also do nasty things with new serpent. There are specific countermeasures in place to limit how well it stacks with rage; this would remove them. In general, it is removing an explicit limitation of the system. That is not something to do so lightly.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 02:01:50 AM by Mystify »
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Exelixi

• Barbarian
  • Ace
  • Dwarfs can do lots of stuff. Like dig.
  • Contest Champion Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 02:18:26 AM »
Point. Drug-addled brain malfunctioning. But there MUST be a way to combine Knight and Rage. Or DotS and Rage. Or either and Dervish. Etc. Maybe it could be a track slot. Hm.
http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.php/topic,1185.0.html - A point-buy chassis (class) system. Perfectly balanced by the judicious application of SCIENCE!

""Release your inner dwarf.  Then get him some ale!" -EspyLacopa
"I have no idea what Exelixi looks like. I just picture crow feathers and a claymore." -Fro

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 02:23:39 AM »
Point. Drug-addled brain malfunctioning. But there MUST be a way to combine Knight and Rage. Or DotS and Rage. Or either and Dervish. Etc. Maybe it could be a track slot. Hm.
You can combine them, and they can work well. You will just be taking the second track for its mechanics, not its numbers.

Greenish

• Elite
  • Eye of Seeing
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 09:31:29 AM »
Fury bonuses are being overhauled some. The new rules allow you to benefit from, say, Dervish's [Bonus attack] and DotS's [Precision] damage, by toggling off the offending Fury bonuses.
Legend characters:

Samael Krane, chain-smoking demon paladin.

Djtooth

• Rogue
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 07:16:25 PM »
Sacred 1pt Weapon
All damage dealt by this weapon is [positive]. (Meaning it Heals the living but harms the dead)

Defiled 1pt Weapon
All damage dealt by this weapon is [Negative]
Two dictionaries and a chicken were playing tag one day, they are joined by a tree and some marshmallows.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 08:07:07 PM »
Sacred 1pt Weapon
All damage dealt by this weapon is [positive]. (Meaning it Heals the living but harms the dead)

Defiled 1pt Weapon
so, you can make the weapon useless against everything but undead, or you can make it useless against undead.

...You Lost Me

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 08:30:30 PM »
Negative could be a nice way to get around energy types, but positive "damage" is weak enough to be a weapon property... and I don't know if it even should be that.

Djtooth

• Rogue
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 09:03:16 PM »
Sacred 1pt Weapon

Defiled 1pt Weapon
so, you can make the weapon useless against everything but undead, or you can make it useless against undead.
your weapon can now heal allys with all the damage that you would deal. This is not weak at all but a great tool. Welcome your new lesser item that has [quick].

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 09:11:27 PM »
I believe if something wants to be hit, you don't do the attack roll. That gives a ton of healing when you get 4 attacks if you Brutal it up.

EDIT: Not to mention [Extreme] range healing by way of Sophisticated.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:36:40 PM by Yoder »
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew