Author Topic: Judo Master  (Read 2643 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Judo Master
« on: August 04, 2012, 01:05:32 PM »
Judo Master
This track is halfway between an offensive track and a defensive track. Its basic idea is to use your enemies attacks against them.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Kitsune_Kinomi

• Ranger
  • Elite
  • I love foxes, can you tell?
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Judo Master
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 04:00:06 PM »
For every attack an enemy makes against you in a [Round]. you gain a +1 bonus to the DCs of your Combat maneuvers against that enemy.

This seems to be a little confusing to me, I think you mean that if an enemy attacks you 5 times in one round (four normal plus a bonus attack for what ever reason) then you get a plus five to all Combat manuvers. However does it stack? If it does what's the cap? and if it doesn't want's the reset point because some enemys will do a number of different attack numbers on you? I think you should just add wording that says "until that enemy's next turn" or some thing

2nd circle-  Everflowing cascadeEX: Whenever an enemy misses you with a melee attack, you may make a free 5ft step to another point within his melee range.

3rd circle- Judo throwEX: Whenever you succeed on a trip attempt, you may also inflict [Blown away]

6th circle- Stance of the still lakeEX: As a move action,you can settle into a defensive stance. For the next [Round], any attacks made against you provoke an Attack of Opportunity from you.

Love these three! They are so much a Judo master it's amazing xD

Over all it's a very awsome track :3 would you mind if I used this in some of my campains?
"The mark of a immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one. "
~ Wilhelm Stekel

"I thought I'd pretend I was one of those blind deaf-mutes."
~ Catcher in the Rye, J. D. Salinger

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."
~ Julius Cesar, William Shakespeare

My Moonshine

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 04:10:53 PM »
For every attack an enemy makes against you in a [Round]. you gain a +1 bonus to the DCs of your Combat maneuvers against that enemy.

This seems to be a little confusing to me, I think you mean that if an enemy attacks you 5 times in one round (four normal plus a bonus attack for what ever reason) then you get a plus five to all Combat manuvers. However does it stack? If it does what's the cap? and if it doesn't want's the reset point because some enemys will do a number of different attack numbers on you? I think you should just add wording that says "until that enemy's next turn" or some thing
Its supposed to only last for 1 round, but apparently I missed that clause. I have added it.
I didn't cap it, since it should cap naturally based on the number  of attacks an enemy can do in one round.

Love these three! They are so much a Judo master it's amazing xD

Over all it's a very awsome track :3 would you mind if I used this in some of my campains?
Go right ahead, just let me know how it works out.

Kitsune_Kinomi

• Ranger
  • Elite
  • I love foxes, can you tell?
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 04:20:22 PM »

Its supposed to only last for 1 round, but apparently I missed that clause. I have added it.
I didn't cap it, since it should cap naturally based on the number  of attacks an enemy can do in one round.

All right I was just saying that it should either have a cap or an experation point and you added the clause for the experation poitn so it's all good :3
"The mark of a immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one. "
~ Wilhelm Stekel

"I thought I'd pretend I was one of those blind deaf-mutes."
~ Catcher in the Rye, J. D. Salinger

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."
~ Julius Cesar, William Shakespeare

My Moonshine

...You Lost Me

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 06:58:13 AM »
Judo master seems like an awkward name. I'd personally give it another "Discipline of X" name, but that's because I'm a butthurt Aikido fan.

In other news, Discipline of the Serpent makes this hilarious.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 10:20:55 AM »
Judo master seems like an awkward name. I'd personally give it another "Discipline of X" name, but that's because I'm a butthurt Aikido fan.

In other news, Discipline of the Serpent makes this hilarious.
a "Discipline of X" name would probably be best in the end, but I think "Judo Master" sets the expectations for what the track does better, and hence is a better working name for now.
I am also an Aikido fan.
This was meant to mesh well with Serpent.