Author Topic: Leech(1.0 update)  (Read 3848 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Leech(1.0 update)
« on: September 03, 2012, 03:32:07 AM »
Leech
The basis of this track is debuffing enemies in order to buff allies.

Leech
Leeches steal the abilities and strengths of their foes and take it for their own purposes.

Most circles give you an absorbance and a transfer. An absorbance is a move action, and if successful, it gives you access to the transference of that circle which can be used as a swift action. If you use a second absorbance before activating the transfer, you lose the transfer.
Choose a mental ability score, this becomes your Key Attribute Modifier(KAM) for this track. All saves of this track are 10 + ½ your level + KAM

Circle 1- Steal Skill SU: The most basic ability of the leech is the skill transfer
Absorbance: You inflict a -1 penalty to either attacks or a save of your choice for every 2 circles you have in this track, minimum 1, to an opponent within [Close] range. A Will save negates this effect.
Transfer: You give an ally in [Close] range a bonus to the same thing your absorbance penalized with the same magnitude as the penalty.
These penalties and bonuses last till the end of the [Encounter]

Circle 2- Steal Life SU: You learn to take the life force of your opponent
Absorbance: Deal 2 damage per level damage to a single opponent in [Close] range.
Transfer: Heal an ally by an amount equal to the damage you dealt

Circle 3- Steal Movement SU: You learn  to take the motion of your opponent
Absorbance:  You cause an opponent within [Medium] range to be [Slowed] for one [Round]. A will save negates this effect.
Transfer: An ally within [Medium] range may move up to their speed

Circle 4- Steal Spell SU: You learn to steal the effects benefiting others.
Absorbance: You may dispel a single magical effect of one circle lower than your highest Leech circle within [Long] range
Transfer: You may give an ally within [Long] range the effect that you dispelled

Circle 5 - Mass Transfer SU: When you use an absorbance, it may target all enemies in a 50ft spread. When you use the associated transfer, it may apply to all allies in a 50ft spread.
This does not apply if the ability doesn’t target enemies in the first place(such as Steal Spell)

Circle 6 - Steal Senses SU:  You steal the senses of your opponent, and your own senses are augmented.
Absorbance: An opponent in [Medium] range is [Blinded] and [Deafened] for 3  [Rounds]. A successful will save negates this effect.
Transfer: An ally in [Medium] range gains Blindsight and Tremorsense out to [Close] range for 3 [Rounds].

Circle 7- Steal Durability SU:  You learn how to steal your opponents durability
Absorbance: An opponent  in [Medium] range  gains [Vulnerability] to all damage for 2 [Rounds]. A successful will save negates this effect.
Transfer: An  ally in [Medium] range gains [Resistance] to all damage for 2 [Rounds]
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:32:02 PM by Mystify »
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Greybender

• Elite
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Leech
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 04:34:00 AM »
Circle 6 seems to be a bit OP...save or loose for all enemies within 50 feet? Could work if it were of a lesser duration
The game would implode into rocket tag in a twisted mockery of all that is wrong with 3.5, angels would weep and the skies would fall, and it would all be your fault. Yours and yours alone.

Grue

• Monk
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Eye of Seeing Dungeon Delver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 09:32:30 AM »
maybe make it exempt from Mass Transfer?

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 11:36:28 AM »
I wrote 6th circle at 2:30 AM, and now I look at it, and its definitely too strong for that action cost. Toning down.

Sanctaphrax

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 12:28:23 AM »
Very cool indeed.

I have no real criticism, only nitpicks. And unless you're specifically interested, I'll keep those to myself.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 12:49:08 AM »
Very cool indeed.

I have no real criticism, only nitpicks. And unless you're specifically interested, I'll keep those to myself.
I am interested. Things don't get better because people ignore their flaws.

Sanctaphrax

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 01:01:30 AM »
The description says each circle gives an absorbance and a transfer. But Circle 5 doesn't.

Also, the use of "opponent" implies that I can't move abilities from one of my allies to another one of my allies. Which might actually matter from time to time.

There's a missing space between every and 2 in the first Circle description.

Some descriptions and transfers and absorbances have full stops at the end, others do not.

The second transfer heading is not red.

There's a random t before the 3 in the sixth transfer.

Hold on, I just thought of a meaningful question. Can I transfer stuff to myself? I had assumed so, but I'm not so sure upon rereading.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 01:25:28 AM »
Also, the use of "opponent" implies that I can't move abilities from one of my allies to another one of my allies. Which might actually matter from time to time.
Legend's definition of opponent allows you to target allies with it.
Hold on, I just thought of a meaningful question. Can I transfer stuff to myself? I had assumed so, but I'm not so sure upon rereading.
Yes. You are your own ally.

I've fixed the other errors.

Sanctaphrax

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 12:43:35 AM »
I tried to find definitions of ally and opponent in the core book and failed. Where should I have looked?

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 12:47:52 AM »
page 123, in the glossary

Sanctaphrax

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 12:48:22 AM »
Thanks much.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Leech(1.0 update)
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 07:33:09 PM »
I have updated this to 1.0.

Of particular note, I improved 6th circle, as blinded has been toned down significantly.