Author Topic: Inquisitor track  (Read 3649 times)

Tenno Seremel

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Destiny is chain for the weak.
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Inquisitor track
« on: March 07, 2012, 11:04:57 PM »
Edit: [On fire] was renamed [Burning].

Inquisitor track

1st Circle - SealSU: as a move or standard action, you can place [Sealed] condition on any one creature that is not you within [Medium] range.

[Sealed] condition lasts 5 rounds. A [Sealed] creature takes damage equal to the KOM of the character that [Sealed] it when it activates a Supernatural or Spell-Like Ability, or when it casts a spell. Passive always on abilities do not trigger this damage. A target with more than one seal on it is only damaged by the seal placed by the character with the highest KOM.

All abilities of this track (other than Seal itself) can only be used on targets you have [Sealed] yourself. Furthermore they actually affect all of them at the same time, although you can exclude some from the effect if you so desire.

Bind spaceSU: targets are [Slowed] for 2 rounds. Fortitude save DC 10 + 1/2 your level + your KOM negates.

2nd Circle - BlazeSU: targets are [Burning]. Using this ability is a swift action.

3rd Circle - LeechSU: when a creature is damaged by your [Seal] you heal a number of HP equal to your KDM.

4th Circle - DoomSU: as a move action you can apply one of the following conditions for 2 rounds to your targets: Bleeding, Dazzled, Deafened, Revealed. Will save DC 10 + 1/2 your level + your KOM negates.

5th Circle - Empowered sealEX: Seal's damage increases to twice your KOM. You can now use Seal as a swift action and Blaze as a free action if you so desire.

6th Circle - SufferingSU: as a standard action you can apply one of the following conditions for 2 rounds to all targets: Battered, Fatigued, Sickened. Fortitude save DC 10 + 1/2 your level + your KOM negates.

7th Circle - RaveSU: once per [Round] as a free action when you apply Bind space, Blaze, Doom or Suffering you can remove from yourself the very condition you apply to your opponents. If you do you can opt to deal [Fire] damage equal to your level to targets you just affected.
You now have [Immunity] to [Sealed] condition.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 07:18:21 AM by Tenno Seremel »

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Prayer Wing Scroll of Scribes Problem Solver RoC Staff Art Aficionado Eye of Seeing Aquarius Dev Team
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Inquisitor track
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 03:19:44 PM »
This has phrasing issues. It also kind of reminds me of something else... can't remember what off the cuff. Nonetheless, it's an interesting mechanic. Don't like "Rave" as the 7th Circle name personally.

Tenno Seremel

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 03:47:06 PM »
It was pretty late when I've written that, so… (@_@) It was worse (^ ^)

I'm fine with the last one in theory. Although will you have enough actions to use that… maybe I'll modify it but I'm out of ideas for now.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:48:40 PM by Tenno Seremel »

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 04:12:32 PM »
rave looks like whirlwind, only you have to seal them first, and it gets a little bit of extra damage.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Tenno Seremel

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 07:00:48 PM »
Reworded a bit. I hope it's easier to read now.

As for the 7th circle… other ideas I have currently:
  • If you hit [Sealed] creature twice in a row -> fire damage equal to your level (or maybe twice your level) to all [Sealed] creatures within [Melee] range as a free action once per round.
  • Flat [Fire] damage to all [Sealed] targets equal to 3(?) times your level + [Bleeding] as a standard action.
  • 1 or 2/encounter you can place 2 conditions at the same time.
  • When you seal someone you may remove any 1 condition that is currently affecting you.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:08:23 PM by Tenno Seremel »

Solo

• Mook
  • Sorcelator for hire
  • Art Aficionado Dev Team
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 03:25:42 AM »
I wasn't expecting a sort of inquisition.

I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!

Tenno Seremel

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 05:48:28 PM »
Changed 7th Circle to
once per round as a free action when you apply Bind space, Blaze, Doom or Suffering you can remove the very condition you apply from yourself. If you do you can opt to deal [Fire] damage equal to your level to targets you just affected.
I hope that feels more in line with track's abilities.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 04:49:39 PM by Tenno Seremel »