Author Topic: Final Dead (feat)  (Read 1632 times)

Tenno Seremel

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Destiny is chain for the weak.
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Final Dead (feat)
« on: October 13, 2012, 06:57:05 AM »
EDIT: changed to [Iconic]

Just an idea I had the other day. So, is it good, bad, too good? I'm not sure about duration and saves.

Final Dead [Iconic]

Prerequisites: 12th level, You Will Falter

Benefit: any opponent within your [Melee] range after receiving a [Healing] effect (other than [Fast Healing]) must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your level + your KOM) or become [Battered] for 3 [Round]s.

No one can be affected more than once per [Round] by this feat. Multiple instances do not stack, only the one with highest DC applies.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:52:50 AM by Tenno Seremel »

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
  • Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Final Dead (feat)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 11:17:48 AM »
Maybe make it [Iconic] or give it some usage limit (only for the first healing effect that occurs within your [melee] range each round)? While the usage limit idea would allow the [Battered] to be removed w/ another effect right away, that still results in the wasting of 2 ability usages.
"Trifles go to make perfection, and perfection is no trifle."
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew

My friend just shared this: "Remember that time Gandalf convinced the whole party to flee so that he could take out the Balrog and not have to share any of the XP? Shows up the next session with fancy new robes and everything. What a jerk."

Tenno Seremel

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Destiny is chain for the weak.
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 11:27:35 AM »
Maybe make it [Iconic] or give it some usage limit (only for the first healing effect that occurs within your [melee] range each round)? While the usage limit idea would allow the [Battered] to be removed w/ another effect right away, that still results in the wasting of 2 ability usages.
Umm… it doesn't stop healing itself unless [Battered] is already there, why additional limit would be necessary? Although only 1 save per round per person might make sense to reduce the number of rolls.

Kitsune_Kinomi

• Ranger
  • Elite
  • I love foxes, can you tell?
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 11:54:39 AM »
Umm… it doesn't stop healing itself unless [Battered] is already there, why additional limit would be necessary? Although only 1 save per round per person might make sense to reduce the number of rolls.
I think that's what he was going for, though I'm not sure. I would say making it once per round or Iconic would be solid.
"The mark of a immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one. "
~ Wilhelm Stekel

"I thought I'd pretend I was one of those blind deaf-mutes."
~ Catcher in the Rye, J. D. Salinger

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."
~ Julius Cesar, William Shakespeare

My Moonshine