Author Topic: Full Scion: Pirate class  (Read 2109 times)

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
  • Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Full Scion: Pirate class
« on: November 18, 2012, 05:28:44 PM »
New Enchantments
2pt Enchantment: Inspiring [Weapon] [Shield]
The sight of this equipment raises morale on the battlefield.
Greater/Relic/Artifact: Any ally that ends its turn within your [Melee] range heals damage equal to your KOM.

2pt Enchantment: Bitter [Shield]
Vengeance will be had for wrongs you weren't able to commit.
Greater/Relic/Artifact: Whenever an opponent passes their save against an effect originating from you, you gain [Damage Reduction] with this shield against the opponent who passed his save equal to your KDM until the end of the [Encounter]. This bonus stacks with itself, to a maximum of twice your KDM.

2pt Enchantment: Spiked [Shield] [Armor]
Blood flows from your foes’ veins when your own blood is spilled.
Greater/Relic/Artifact: Whenever you are dealt damage from an opponent with a melee attack while using this shield, you deal back an amount of the same type of damage equal to half the damage taken, to a maximum of half your level.

1pt Enchantment: Evasive [Shield] [Armor]
Enemies need to get closer to have a chance of hitting you.
Lesser/Greater/Relic/Artifact: The [Melee] range of enemies within your [Melee] range is decreased by 5 ft (minimum: 5 ft) when attacking you or determining if they are threatening you.

2pt Enchantment: Contingent [Armor]
The arcane chambers inlayed into this armor allow it to store and release spells.
Greater/Relic/Artifact: As a standard action, you may cast a spell into this armor, storing it inside the armor rather than gaining its normal effect.
Once per [Round], you may choose to release a stored spell after being hit by an attack. The spell affects either you or your attacker (chosen when the spell is stored); or if the spell would affect an area, the spell’s area originates from and includes the square the targeted creature occupies.

1pt Enchantment: Grounded: [Armor]
You've got a solid connection with the ground, whether literal or metaphysical.
Relic/Artifact: You gain Burrowing as a movement mode and always ignore the effects of Difficult Terrain when determining your movement range.
Here's a Full Scion Class w/ a Legendary Weapon, a Legendary Shield, and a Legendary Armor!
Please read the note at the bottom of this post.

Full Scion: Pirate class

Chassis
8 HP/Level
6 Skills
KOM: Str
KDM: Dex
BAB: 20
Fort: 15
Ref: 15
Will: 10

Brigands and thugs alike are a brutal bunch. On the high seas, they can be even more menacing. Mercenaries and even legitimate sailors can be Pirates. Anybody who believes that one is defined by one's armament is a perfect candidate for Piracy. In combat, their use of a sword and shield gives them a tactical edge against enemies. They are excellent duelists, preferring one-on-one showdowns; despite this, they can manage swarms of attackers. Some are even fencers.

Party Role: A Pirate is a nimble but sturdy warrior. These fighters leverage the combination of their agility and treasured equipment to outmaneuver and strike nearby opponents. Ranks of foes find themselves unable to impede Pirates, because Pirates are experts at threading through groups.

Pirates in Your Game: Naturally, Pirates serve excellently as their namesake. However, they can also effectively represent any kind of criminal, from independent petty thieves to hitmen involved in organized crime. Those brawlers with unconventional fighting styles may also find the Pirate suits them well.

Multiclassing Tips: Pirates may find Ranger and Rogue tracks useful to augment their offensive or defensive prowess. Even some Barbarian and Monk tracks could be of utility to some types of Pirates. Dragons can provide a Pirate with superior lasting power. Mechanically, Skeleton Kings are a natural fit with Pirates. Lurking Terrors can serve to emphasize the menacing presence of a Pirate. If desired, other Legendary Items can easily replace one of the Pirate's default ones.

Track Progressions
Fast: Corsair Cutlass (weapon)
Medium: Buccaneer Buckler (shield)
Slow: Brine (armor)

Corsair Cutlass
Corsair Cutlass
This chipped cutlass, complete with a worn scabbard, doesn't seem like much. However, it is the perfect weapon in the hands of an agile combatant.

Weapon Scion: Corsair Cutlass track
The [Vital] enchantment granted by this track stacks with the [Vital] enchantment granted by Buccaneer Buckler and Brine. Corsair Cutlass is a [Deft], [Hold-Out], and [Reacting] sword.

1st Circle
Agile Strike: You limberly slice through hoards of adversaries. Corsair Cutlass gains the [Neutralizing] and [Dancing] enchantments.

2nd Circle
Swordsmanship: You've learned the particulars of fighting with a cutlass. Corsair Cutlass gains the [Masterwork] enchanment and the [Brutal 1] and [Reach] properties.

3rd Circle
A Pirate's Life for Me: You've lived a tough life, which has only made you more durable. Corsair Cutlass gains the [Vital] enchantment.

4th Circle
Malice of the Sword: You never let an offense go uncompensated. Corsair Cutlass gains the [Spiteful] enchantment.

5th Circle
Heat of Battle: The landing of each slash fills you with fighting spirit. Corsair Cutlass gains the [Drinking] enchantment.

6th Circle
Savage Saber: The serrations of this blade slice adversaries to ribbons. Corsair Cutlass gains the [Seeking] enchantment and the [Brutal 2], [Brutal 3], [Magnum], and [Quick-Draw] properties.

7th Circle
Debonair Demeanor: The force of your personality can be felt by allies and enemies alike. Corsair Cutlass gains the [Inspiring] and [Forceful] enchantments. You may activate the ability granted by the [Forceful] enchantment as a standard, move, or swift action.

Number-Crunching
16: corsair cutlass
   2: C1: agile strike
      1: [neutralizing]
      1: [dancing]
   2: C2: swordsmanship
      1: [masterwork]
      1: [sophisticated]: [brutal 1], [reach]
   2: C3: [vital]
   2: C4: [spiteful]
   2: C5: [drinking]
   3: C6: savage saber
      1: [seeking]
      1: [sophisticated]: [brutal 2], [brutal 3]
      1: [sophisticated]: [magnum], [quick-draw]
   3: C7: debonair demeanor
      1: [inspiring]
      2: [forceful]+
Buccaneer Buckler
Buccaneer Buckler
The curvature of this small round shield is ideal for deflecting blows. Despite its rickety structure, it holds up against every attack.

Shield Scion: Buccaneer Buckler track
The [Vital] enchantment granted by this track stacks with the [Vital] enchantments granted by Corsair Cutlass and Brine.

1st Circle
Agile Block: You smoothly deflect blows from every angle. Buccaneer Buckler gains the [Countering] and [Dancing] enchantments.

2nd Circle
Dodgy: You evade attackers with ease. Buccaneer Buckler gains the [Evasive] and [Masterwork] enchantments.

3rd Circle
A Pirate's Life for Me: You've lived a tough life, which has only made you more durable. Buccaneer Buckler gains the [Vital] enchantment.

4th Circle
Malice of the Shield: You never let a defense go uncompensated. Buccaneer Buckler gains the [Bitter] enchantment.

5th Circle
Prickly Protection: Your shield bears spikes upon which attackers must impale themselves to hit you. Buccaneer Buckler gains the [Spiked] enchantment.

6th Circle
Diverse Defense: This small shield can be useful in a wide variety of situations. Buccaneer Buckler gains the [Adept] and [Resilient] enchantments.

7th Circle
Compensation: You shrug off minor injuries and inflict them upon you opponents. Buccaneer Buckler gains the [Proactive] and [Unbending] enchantments.

Number-Crunching
16: buccaneer buckler
   2: C1: agile block
      1: [countering]
   2: C2: dodgy
      1: [evasive]
   2: C4: [bitter]
   2: C5: [spiked]
   2: C6: diverse defense
      1: [adept]
      1: [resilient]
   4: C7: compensation
      1: [proactive]
      3: [unbending]
Brine
Brine
Whether your signature garb or your signature odor, a presence surrounds and protects you. This layer also assists you in moving both fluidly and efficiently.

Armor Scion: Brine track
The [Vital] enchantment granted by this track stacks with the [Vital] enchantments granted by Corsair Cutlass and Buccaneer Buckler.

1st Circle
Agile Survival: You lithely glide through both harsh conditions and throngs of enemies. Brine gains the [Traveler's] and [Dancing] enchantments.

2nd Circle
Sea Sense: The ocean air gives you a sixth sense. Brine gains the [Detecting] and [Masterwork] enchantments

3rd Circle
A Pirate's Life for Me: You've lived a tough life, which has only made you more durable. Brine gains the [Vital] enchantment.

4th Circle
Backup Plan: You have a scheme for every situation. Brine gains the [Contingent] enchantment.

5th Circle
All Terrain VagabondEX: You can conquer any and every environment. You gain the Flight and Burrowing movement modes, gain a +5 ft bonus to your movement speed for each circle of this track you possess, and always ignore the effects of Difficult Terrain when determining your movement range.

6th Circle
Healing Waters: Your aura of fog replenishes your strength. Brine gains the [Bolstering] enchantment.

7th Circle
Oceanic Barrier: A barrier of salty mist prevents debilitation. Brine gains the [Fortress] enchantment.

Number-Crunching
16: brine
   2: C1: agile survival
      1: [traveler's]
   2: C2: sea sense
      1: [detecting]
   2: C4: [contingent]
   3: C5: all terrain vagabond
      1: [flying]
      1: [streamlines]
      1: [grounded]
   2: C6: [bolstering]
   3: C7: [fortress]
~

I recently added a note regarding this to the Item Scion Track thread, but I'll say it here as well:
If you take a Shield Scion Track and an Armor Scion Track, the Item and Deflection bonuses to AC from those 2 tracks are additionally treated as Fury bonuses. You may not take both a Shield Scion Track and an Armor Scion track if one of them is already a Fury track. This change was made to prevent abuse, as they together yield a minimum of +14 to your AC.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 03:18:36 PM by Yoder »
"Trifles go to make perfection, and perfection is no trifle."
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew

My friend just shared this: "Remember that time Gandalf convinced the whole party to flee so that he could take out the Balrog and not have to share any of the XP? Shows up the next session with fancy new robes and everything. What a jerk."

Greybender

• Elite
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Full Scion: Pirate class
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 06:39:06 PM »
Don't know if this is intentional, but none of these tracks mention gaining enchantment bonuses like the other scion tracks...
The game would implode into rocket tag in a twisted mockery of all that is wrong with 3.5, angels would weep and the skies would fall, and it would all be your fault. Yours and yours alone.

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 08:08:51 PM »
That was part of the purpose for making the thread dedicated to Item Scion Tracks. The information common to all Item Scion Tracks is there (and linked to) so it doesn't need to be repeated. Such, all 3 Legendary Items that go along with these tracks do gain +C enhancement bonuses, and their item tiers still go up at C1, C3, C5, and C7.
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew

My friend just shared this: "Remember that time Gandalf convinced the whole party to flee so that he could take out the Balrog and not have to share any of the XP? Shows up the next session with fancy new robes and everything. What a jerk."

Kitsune_Kinomi

• Ranger
  • Elite
  • I love foxes, can you tell?
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 11:38:19 AM »
This all looks good to me. I liked the new enchantments that you added and a whole class deicated to your items seems awsome! Granted this would make thimgs like dis arm and ignor item and deflection bonuses that much more powerful.
"The mark of a immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one. "
~ Wilhelm Stekel

"I thought I'd pretend I was one of those blind deaf-mutes."
~ Catcher in the Rye, J. D. Salinger

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."
~ Julius Cesar, William Shakespeare

My Moonshine

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 03:19:56 PM »
Thanks, Kitsune! That trade-off was my intention for this class; it's powerful but still plenty beatable.
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew