Author Topic: Request a Legend Homebrew  (Read 19224 times)

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
  • Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Request a Legend Homebrew
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 12:57:37 AM »
H2: Teamwork
Here's an idea I had for 2 paladins who can use their teamwork to protect VIPs. I think L15 is an appropriate pre-req, b/c the conditions for this feat's activation are fairly limiting or difficult to meet.

Feat: Double Teamwork
The synergy when you and your partner work together knows no bounds.
Prerequisites: 15th level, Heroica track
While you are your partner's partner (each of you using Heroica C1 on each other), designate 1 ally within [Close] range of both of you that does not have a Heroica partner and is not a Heroica partner. This ally becomes [Fully-Concealed] and gains [Resistance] to all types of damage. The effects of this feat only persist while all of the afore-mentioned conditions are met. The effects of this feat do not stack on the same ally, but another valid ally can benefit from this feat if your partner also has this feat.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 08:22:58 AM by Yoder »
"Trifles go to make perfection, and perfection is no trifle."
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew

My friend just shared this: "Remember that time Gandalf convinced the whole party to flee so that he could take out the Balrog and not have to share any of the XP? Shows up the next session with fancy new robes and everything. What a jerk."

Greybender

• Elite
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 05:19:54 AM »
Or you know as worded they can both be invisible and have resistance to all damage if they designate themselves :P
The game would implode into rocket tag in a twisted mockery of all that is wrong with 3.5, angels would weep and the skies would fall, and it would all be your fault. Yours and yours alone.

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
  • Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 08:24:31 AM »
C2
I fixed the wording to prevent that case and the case of 4 paladins clustering together.
I also reduced [Invisibility] to [Full Concealment].
"Trifles go to make perfection, and perfection is no trifle."
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew

My friend just shared this: "Remember that time Gandalf convinced the whole party to flee so that he could take out the Balrog and not have to share any of the XP? Shows up the next session with fancy new robes and everything. What a jerk."

Metool

• Rogue
  • Elite
  • You ever lose hope?
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 01:59:32 PM »
R3 (Why am I the only one that does these :P)
[Iconic]-level feat that encourages obtaining teleportation effects.
"Honestly, I don't know if this non-core option is 1.0-ready"

No, it isn't. It may be updated at some point but it isn't 1.0-ready, which is why it isn't in 1.0. Anything that isn't in the 1.0 core rulebook should be treated as not being 1.0 compliant and used with caution if at all.

turalisj

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 02:09:58 AM »
R4
An extra track based on using a whip (or any other sort of long, flexible weapon) to pull off various tricks.

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 02:41:48 AM »
Some quick spitballing on R3, don't have time for a full post - a bonus to attack and/or damage whenever attacking after teleporting, an ability that makes you [Concealed] after teleporting, extending the distance you can teleport, allowing a Move Action teleport to be used as a Swift Action instead, making abilities such as Shadow Blink only cost a Free action rather than a Swift. Mix and match as you like.
"MY BLADE THIRSTS FOR MORE LEGEND." - Valixes

My homebrew.

Narsis

• Elite
  • Pirate Robot Ninja Dragon
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 09:42:04 PM »
Some quick spitballing on R3, don't have time for a full post - a bonus to attack and/or damage whenever attacking after teleporting, an ability that makes you [Concealed] after teleporting, extending the distance you can teleport, allowing a Move Action teleport to be used as a Swift Action instead, making abilities such as Shadow Blink only cost a Free action rather than a Swift. Mix and match as you like.

I personally was thinking something similar to Shadow Pounce, in the sense of giving extra attack/damage after you teleport and/or doing something similar to charge or spring attack.
Awesome Legend pally avatar by Prime32

Agrippa

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 12:51:50 AM »
R5
I'd like a racing skill game. It should cover every thing from foot and cherriot races to chocobo racing. I know we have the parkor skill game, but that just dosn't fit. The skill game should include ramming, side swiping, catch up and passing actions. I'm leaning towards bidding but I'll be okay with either a bidding or option game.

loganic

• Monk
  • Elite
  • Problem Solver Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 04:08:20 PM »
H3:
Blink Fluidity [Iconic]:
You've spent time with tribesman that regularly hunt with blink dogs, and your time has given you greater recovery following a [Teleport] effect.
When you change locations due to a [Teleport] effect, you may choose to make a single attack action. This cannot be used more than once every 2 Rounds, or the same Round as Into the Breach.

Planar Tear [Iconic]:
Choose the Plane of Wounds or Plane of Fire. When you use [Teleport] effect, you can force all creatures between your start and end squares to make a Fortiude save (10 + half character level + KOM) , or else suffer [Bleeding] or [On Fire], (based on your respective choice.)

Extra-Dimensional Break [Iconic]:
When you use teleport, you can take a small break between dimensions. No one seems to notice since you return to the same point in space-time.
When you use a [Teleport] effect, you can gain HP up to your [Fast Healing] bonus, and an additional Vigor skill check. This cannot be used more than once every 2 Rounds.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:32:32 PM by loganic »

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 04:13:19 PM »
I love Planar Tear and Blink Fluidity. Planar Tear in particular is awesome.

For Minute Extra-Dimensional Break, I feel like the phrasing is a little awkward. "When you use a [Teleport] effect, you gain the effect of an additional round of [Fast Healing] and may make a free Vigor check. ..." Is that more clear? I might just be being nitpicky, though.

My homebrew.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2013, 04:18:43 PM »
H3:
Blink Fluidity [Iconic]:
You've spent time with tribesman that regularly hunt with blink dogs, and your time has given you greater recovery following a [Teleport] effect.
When you use a [Teleport] effect, you can recover the action cost used to use it, ie you can do something else with an equivalent action cost following the [Teleport] effect. This cannot be used more than once every 2 Rounds.
OP. Use this with Into the Breach to get extra attack actions, which are a big No-No.

Minute Extra-Dimensional Break [Iconic]:
When you use teleport, you can take a small break between dimensions. No one seems to notice since you return to the same point in space-time.
When you use a [Teleport] effect, you can gain additional effect from [Fast Healing], and can roll a Vigor check again, as if you had an additional turn. This cannot be used more than once every 2 Rounds.
Interesting idea, but I think it could use some refinement, but I don't have time to really delve  into it.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

loganic

• Monk
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2013, 04:33:39 PM »
C3:
OP. Use this with Into the Breach to get extra attack actions, which are a big No-No.
Edited it to be mutually exclusive.

Dropped the 'Minute' from the title to prevent possible confusion.
Changed up the wording on 'break' to hopefully make it less clunky.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 05:13:58 PM by loganic »

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2013, 08:00:14 PM »
C5:
Edited it to be mutually exclusive.

Dropped the 'Minute' from the title to prevent possible confusion.
Changed up the wording on 'break' to hopefully make it less clunky.
That was just a single example off the top of my head. The fact that you are negating an unknown action cost is rather unsettling.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2013, 09:39:05 PM »
Shouldn't it work okay so long as you exclude Standard actions altogether? Or even continue to include Standard actions but limit it to 1/[Encounter]?

My homebrew.

loganic

• Monk
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2013, 09:48:51 AM »
C3:
I had been using Into the Breach as a benchmark and had initially misunderstood 'single attack action'.
Reworded this to make it more similar, so it's now just simply an Iconic version of that same effect that can be used for less effort, every couple Rounds.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 05:13:48 PM by loganic »