Author Topic: Sweet Ride[Iconic]  (Read 3276 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sweet Ride[Iconic]
« on: March 20, 2012, 07:13:10 AM »
Sweet ride [Iconic][Skill]
Requirements: Vigilante track, Signature Ride, Ride as a trained skill
Description: Your signature ride is significantly more awesome that one would expect.
Benefit: You may add in the qualities of a point buy mount to the mysterious contraption you call forth with Signature Ride. You must meet all of the normal requirements to have a mount of that tier, including the item slot consumed. The signature ride cannot be destructible.

This was something I wanted to do ever since I saw the point buy guides.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

GRM13

• Monk
  • Minion
  • Ore! Sanjou!!
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sweet Ride[Iconic]
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 10:43:58 AM »
I thought that one's mount wasn't related to the magical items one gained, as it was more of a thing you got for having the ride skill trained up to a certain rank.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 11:13:40 AM »
Last I've heard, point buy mounts are items, and take up an item slot, but are more powerful than a typical item because it requires a skill.
But in any case, if those mounts don't take up an item slot, then neither does this. Its simply to allow you to pay the cost of both, then fuse them together into a supermount.

GRM13

• Monk
  • Minion
  • Ore! Sanjou!!
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 10:56:07 PM »
Just asking cause I had actually asked a question on this previously on the Question thred

Q28 If one is using the point buy mounts, do they replace their magic item of the specific tier with it. If so can one upgrade it thus gain the item of the slot is previously took, and if not how does one distribute/obtain these mounts

A28 Mounts do not fill a magic item slot. A character who bothers with Ride is, to some degree, entitled to a mount - but this is to be handled on a case-by-case basis, as magic items are.

Extra

• Rogue
  • Minion
  • Back to the basics: making things complicated
  • Dungeon Delver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 11:15:37 PM »
You forgot the rest of the answer:
Q28 If one is using the point buy mounts, do they replace their magic item of the specific tier with it. If so can one upgrade it thus gain the item of the slot is previously took, and if not how does one distribute/obtain these mounts

A28 Mounts do not fill a magic item slot. A character who bothers with Ride is, to some degree, entitled to a mount - but this is to be handled on a case-by-case basis, as magic items are.

A28
I've asked Jake about mounts, and he said  they should take up an item slot and should be a little more powerful than items of that tier because they take a skill. I'm going to add this to the bug list so it gets clarified.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 11:24:33 PM »
Yes, that second answer is what I was referring to.

crackpotTheorist

• Shaman
  • Minion
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 04:04:30 AM »
Don't you already have a thread for iconic feats? Why do you need another one?
Track overview (stolen from Zejety to spread the love)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 04:23:35 AM »
I don't know, cause its a new one? I wouldn't have an objection to them being merged.

GRM13

• Monk
  • Minion
  • Ore! Sanjou!!
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 11:03:36 AM »
That will teach me to pay more attention to the question thread. Consider my last post a derp.