Author Topic: Legend Crib Sheet  (Read 3956 times)

CCM

• Mook
  • IT'S JUST LIKE MY LIFE! ...in a way
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Legend Crib Sheet
« on: June 19, 2013, 11:32:33 PM »
Hullo! I'm running a game of Legend using the new 1.0 system, but in going over the rules, I found that keeping track of the absolutely insane number of conditions Legend has was making my head spin, so I made a crib sheet for myself and my players to use to keep track of basic system details, combat maneuvers, and conditions. I figured I'd share it with you folk, since I'm sure other people have the same issue I do.

Image 1 / Image 2

These are low quality and full of artifacts, I just have them here so you can take a look at what the crib sheet looks like before you download it in HQ, easily-printable PDF form; the PDF is 27MB, as it's bad form to sacrifice image quality in something you're going to be printing.

PDF (I highly recommend right click -> save as)

Looking forward to the monster manual! Monster gen is my least favourite part of the system thus far; it takes forever.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 11:34:40 PM by CCM »

Geigan

• Team Awesome
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Dev Team Magic 8-Ball Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Legend Crib Sheet
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 12:11:11 AM »
Looks like a neat tool. Reminds me of KyleJ's DM screen, which I know was popular in beta. Not sure if that one was updated, but we always like to see cool tools for helping people run their games smoother.

Edit: Yes, definitely not updated to 1.0 yet.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 12:18:31 AM by Geigan »

DragoonWraith

• Sage
  • Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Dev Team Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • DragoonWraith.com
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 12:32:20 AM »
I love this so much. Thank you for it.
Legend contributions: As Above, So Below (rewrite); Reap the Whirlwind, A Personal Touch, Kept Secret, Kept Safe (Professional Soldier); Combat Alchemist (extra track)

gralamin

• Tactician
  • Minion
  • Sentient Construct
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box Art Aficionado Capricorn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 02:40:14 AM »
Very nice sheet; I'll definitely get use out of this :D

Vicerious

• Minion
  • Foolish Mortal
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 02:07:50 PM »
Ooo, this is handy.

As a note, try not to convert to images when you export the PDF.  If you leave the text intact the file size will be much, much smaller.
"A witty saying proves nothing." --Voltaire

KyleJ

• Paladin
  • Elite
  • Maker of Cool Stuff
  • Typo Hammer Eye of Seeing Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 04:09:32 PM »
The GM screen most definitely WAS updated, I just never put a link up on the forum because it contained a ton of 1.0 fixes before they were publicly available. While I'm not sure if it's current with the 1.0 release and frankly have no time to check right now, its most recent incarnation is available at this elegant and finely-crafted link.

Now with the shameless plug for my own work out of the way - CCM, this is pretty good work!  Also, welcome to the forum.
Remember, the rules exist to facilitate the game, not the other way around.

Alternative OFFICIAL Character Sheet
GM Screen (OUTDATED)
Quickstart Sheet
Mook Quicksheets

IF YOU WANT ME TO SEE SOMETHING QUICKLY, PM ME. I don't check this forum regularly.

CCM

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 08:06:36 PM »
Ooo, this is handy.

As a note, try not to convert to images when you export the PDF.  If you leave the text intact the file size will be much, much smaller.
Haha, thanks for the responses, everyone. Regarding this one, it would be a little hard not to convert to images, considering I made the thing in Photoshop.

mercifulhacker

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • My programming/project page
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 07:18:24 PM »
I absolutely LOVE these cheat sheets. Since everyone here is of the "cheat sheet" mindset, I have a question for everyone:

What is the best way to simplify the Character sheet during combat?

I'm teaching a lot of new people how to play DnD, and am using Legend for my games. I have one or two different kinds of cheat-sheets, but they either leave out too much info, or contain too much info. I'd like the player experience to be as close to a video game as possible, where you have access to all of your options, and you just pick which action you'd like to perform, in the order that you choose, A La Final Fantasy Tactics.

Does anyone have any advice? Or any ideas to streamline the combat/character generation?
As a new DM, please consider reading my blog and posts about my game. I wish to learn more! Criticism welcome!

http://mercifulhacker.tumblr.com/tagged/ModderCampaign

CCM

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 01:01:44 AM »
What I'd do is what FF Tactics does: Present it in nested categories.

Maybe a menu of standard, move, and swift actions to begin, and within each the various things they can do with those actions. They would have to be updated for individual players' track abilities and such, though.

Metool

• Rogue
  • Elite
  • You ever lose hope?
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 03:45:30 AM »
I absolutely LOVE these cheat sheets. Since everyone here is of the "cheat sheet" mindset, I have a question for everyone:

What is the best way to simplify the Character sheet during combat?

I'm teaching a lot of new people how to play DnD, and am using Legend for my games. I have one or two different kinds of cheat-sheets, but they either leave out too much info, or contain too much info. I'd like the player experience to be as close to a video game as possible, where you have access to all of your options, and you just pick which action you'd like to perform, in the order that you choose, A La Final Fantasy Tactics.

Does anyone have any advice? Or any ideas to streamline the combat/character generation?

I've tried to answer this in the other thread it was asked in, KyleJ's DM Screen thread.
"Honestly, I don't know if this non-core option is 1.0-ready"

No, it isn't. It may be updated at some point but it isn't 1.0-ready, which is why it isn't in 1.0. Anything that isn't in the 1.0 core rulebook should be treated as not being 1.0 compliant and used with caution if at all.