Rule of Cool Community Forums

Legend System Discussion => Games and Recruiting => Topic started by: Castodas on September 08, 2013, 02:02:59 AM

Title: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 08, 2013, 02:02:59 AM
Weeks have gone by since you first heard of the Grand Mutiny, as it has recently been called, and now the Grand Mutiny of 2525 has been officially conceived upon the open movement of pirate vessels against the Mirager clan. During these first few days you have found yourselves with plenty to do, between taking special jobs from various entities to directly supporting the malicious groups.

Oh, but you are tired of the little stuff. It is time to go the next extreme. You will do that by getting on the only ferry to Trelwenia, one of the largest pirate ruled islands and the location of the Mirager Clan's main hideout and headquarters to all their operations.

You board the small balloon ship, "The Fair Angel" and prepare yourselves for what lies ahead. In fact, you haven't yet decided what you will do yet, but the important part is getting there. The next is finding the best contract.
*  *  *

After nearly a day of floating in the air, Trelwenia can finally be seen on the horizon. As you approach it, the rail system connecting Trelwenia's big island to all its surrounding sister islands start to become visible. As does the smoke.

It will be a long time yet before The Fair Angel docks at one of Trelwenia's northern islands and you could already tell that trouble was happening all over. The ship's edges were crowded with onlooking passengers who all looked like they'd as soon blacken your eye as shake your hand.

A shout from the forward end of the ship breaks your thoughts and when you look up in that direction, it becomes instantly clear what the man was shouting for. A great maroon colored tear shaped ship flew far ahead; it was on the approach.

The Fair Angel was just a cargo ship, so it had no ship defenses other than a light shield installed inside its balloon, which wouldn't do the rest of the ship any good. The passengers began running down into the ship's belly; where there were cargo containers for smuggling people and other things- though generally not necessary around the Pirate Coasts. Today, they had a purpose.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 08, 2013, 02:13:47 AM
And with that, I welcome you to my very first Legend game, The Great Toilet Bowl of 2525. Here, in the IC- or "in character" thread, as you all probably know, is where the whole story is driven by me, and by you.

I have not designated any location for any of you, but you are restricted to the ship. This ship has four main areas: the weather deck, the captains cabin located back of the ship on the weather deck, the cargo hold which makes up the bulk of internal space, and the crew quarters which is behind the cargo hold and under the captain's cabin. The weather deck has a raised platform in the back, making the captain's cabin roof and also where the ship's wheel is for maneuvering the ship- The captain is currently holding that post.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Rokku on September 08, 2013, 03:47:19 AM
Rocky stood on the foredeck, looking out at the incoming threat.

Well now.  She hadn't hardly punched anyone this whole trip. How nice of those fellas to volunteer!
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 08, 2013, 02:02:16 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wnby7ig9vxkd4o/Airship%20Battle%20Map%201.png

Spoiler
(OOC) Meant to have this yesterday, but my computer wants to die. Let me know in the other thread if you can't see it.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: jared71 on September 08, 2013, 03:40:37 PM
Character introduction: 

He can give out two 2nd level spells.  Either (natures power +2 to hit, +2 damage, and +2 save DC’s of SU, SLA, and spells) or  (flame blade [cold] +2 damage weapon becomes cold).  If you want one just post that you take one and I will keep track.


Bogda is a small lizard type man of the race Sharka.  He looks a little like Yoda from Star Wars except he is young.  He loves nature and is a monk by training.  He is slightly uncomfortable with areas with lots of technology and prefers to keep to nature.   He carries a little potted plant of a bonsai tree with him on his journey.  He knows the monk iron shirt technique and fights without visible armor, he toughens his skin with mental focus.   He has a magical launcher weapon that he uses to hurl balls of frosty energy at his opponents.  He is blind but that doesn’t seem to affect his ability to see.    When he “looks” at you he seems to have an understand of everything about you and an extreme sense of confidence.    You think he might even know what you’re thinking before you think it.   In general he is a goodly nature and tries to help people out. 

Name: Bogda

Class Monk  Discipline of the serpent(medium)/Reign of Arrows (slow)/Shammy Spells (fast)
Race - Sharka - Mutated human with Lizard DNA.  Ends up looking somewhat like a small yoda like creature.  They are small, have scaly green skin and sharp pointy teeth.   They are a race that lives in swamps and natural areas.  They are one with nature and are quite wise.  They have great internal strength and good fortitude.  They unfortunately are quite ugly and not very civilized and suffer a penalty to interactions. 

+2 Con +2 Wis -2 Char
Size: small
Type: humanoid
Swim
+1 to hit
Bonus feat – Any


If we are taking legendary feats:

Woldhewn: You halve energy damage and magic damage you would take, after [Resistance] and other effects that would reduce damage.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: jared71 on September 08, 2013, 03:45:02 PM
Bogda asks if there is anyone who can fight and helps organize a defense.  Woman and children hide there.  Fighting men organize a defense here.   He gets in a covered position where he can aim out to make ranged attacks if the pirates leave themselves exposed, like trying to board.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Qazarar on September 08, 2013, 03:55:05 PM
Grawlix is awoken by the commotion aboard the ship, and takes a few moments to fully awaken. When he does, he sees the oncoming ship, and grabs the large heavy object next to him.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: sakuuya on September 08, 2013, 04:41:10 PM
Gerrik leans out of the weather deck, his hands, flesh and mechanical both, digging into the deck's railing as he cranes his body to get a better view of the approaching ship. Oh, man, this is just his luck--a chance for air combat against overwhelming odds, and he's just a crummy passenger. Nevertheless, he heads toward The Fair Angel's steering platform. Y'know, just in case.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 08, 2013, 05:00:52 PM
A crew member responds to Bogda, "Don't worry about fighting yet, if it comes to that then everyone on board will be fighting. For now, focus on hiding down below. Our captain should be able to smooth the situation out."

The crew member then looks towards the approaching vessel, his eyes suddenly opens wide and be begins running aft.

Other crew members are shouting, "Take cover!" They immediately lay face down flat on the deck and covering their heads with their hands as a large missile launches and begins flying towards The Fair Angel. It takes only seconds for the missile to impact.

Some crew members are sent flying into the air as the ship jerks suddenly from the strike. The missile struck near the bow on the starboard side, penetrating the ships hull into the cargo hold.

Grawlix nearly bashes his head open on the ceiling from the sudden jerk. He hears commotion farther forward in to cargo hold as war errupts.

The sounds of gun blasting, metal clashing, and screams of wounded can be heard all over coming from the cargo hold. Smoke billows out the ships bow and ladder wells.

The crewmembers on the weather deck get back to their feet and begin running for the ladder well. All of them brandishing sabers and various arms.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Qazarar on September 08, 2013, 05:23:10 PM
Grawlix tightens his grip and follows the crew. There's no way he's sitting this one out.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: jared71 on September 08, 2013, 06:26:17 PM
Bogda starts complaining about being out of the forest and then calms himself down.  There are people to protect, he runs toward the danger!
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Rokku on September 08, 2013, 10:47:58 PM
Rocky skids a bit across the deck with the impact, but quickly regains her balance.

"C'mon you bastards," she hollers, shaking a fist at the incoming vessel, "get over here so my boot can kiss you goodnight!"
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: sakuuya on September 09, 2013, 10:12:35 AM
Gerrik barrels down the deck toward the impact site, rushing past the ladders thronged with crewmembers on their way down. When he's above the missile hole, he hops over the weather deck's railing and swings himself down through the smoke and into the cargo bay.

Spoiler
Athletics*

10+20=30

*Gerrik can always take 10 on Athletics checks because of Esoterica Radica.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 09, 2013, 11:45:20 AM
Spoiler
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k095uty33qkc7ip/Balloon%20Ship.png
Here is the graphic, would have had it sooner but a certain somebody had to go and fly all over the place and make messes.  :P
That is really cool btw.

- In regards to the map, an 'X' is a corpse of whatever and is considered difficult terrain.
- You can move into any place you see fire but moving into the fire will require you to reflex save to avoid burning and is also difficult terrain.
- Any squares with the grey of smoke will proffer limited visibility, but at the risk of suffocation.

- Your characters are tagged with a two letter abbreviations to your character names (first and last letter) and you will typically be in blue/green colors as well as any designated allies
- Enemies or hostile creature will be depicted in red, orange, or yellow
- Neutral ambiguous creatures will be the gray dots
- Any other color scheme will be used to separate groups

If I misplaced you, I apologize. I situated everyone on the starboard side, the side facing the apposing ship, as that is what you were all looking at.

Gerrik manages a dramatic plunge through the burning ring in the ship's side. As he bravely swings himself over, he sees the missile tube is still sticking out of the hull. Looking deeper and through the thick smoke, he discovers the missile is some kind of pod with a series of gaping hatches.
Fire has spread wide across this area creating thick smoke screens in further areas. Not far from the pod, you see the mangled corpses of several passengers. The smoke clears a moment, with enough time to see a small group of short dumpy looking robotic shapes in the forward most space, also there is another robot directly behind the collapsed remains of the starboard ladder well. None of the robots appear to have notice you yet, but you consider that landing on the pod or in the fire will likely give you similar results.

Grawlix opens the closest door leading out of the crew's quarters which lets in more of the sounds of battle. As he steps out, he notices smoke billowing in from a gap between two large crates and then his eye immediately catches on the robot at the far starboard end of this passage way. The robot apparently notices him too.

Bogda reaches one of the ladder well's, but finds the 10ft drop to be just that. The rest of the walk ladder had crumpled to the bottom. A ten foot drop should be no problem, but you don't know what kind of situation that would put you in.

Rocky sees that the weather deck is mostly empty now aside from a couple crew members on high alert with weapons drawn. One crewmember is seen running towards the port ladder well. She notices a peculiar short and green pointy eared creature standing looking down into the starboard ladder well. She also notices some guy casually committing suicide as he jumps over the burning(!!!) portion of the ship.. Wait... WHAT?!?

Spoiler
Sakuuya and Qazarar, go ahead and make your initiative checks
Also, for Sakuuya: Unless Gerrik doesn't need to breathe, he will begin suffocating after a number of rounds equal to your constitution modifier until you can get into cleaner air; however, you are currently benefiting from some amount of concealment.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 09, 2013, 03:17:46 PM
Spoiler
I will update the graphic after everyone has posted at least once. Meanwhile, i'll describe.

Bogda concentrates for a very brief moment as he gets a feel of the area. With your attuned senses you now know there is a robot directly below you, and you believe it is facing aft. You are aware of at least two additional robots facing away from you, and one appears to be fighting with another creature. The way the third robot is moving, it could be in a fight as well. There are multiple bodies littering the floor as well as the broken down step-ladder. As expected, there is a lot of fire from where the missile struck and slowly spreading. You also find the missile itself and it is peculiar. It is hollow with multiple hatches that are opened.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Qazarar on September 09, 2013, 08:43:56 PM
Grawlix, seeing the robot ahead, decides it is a foe. He quickly whips up an explosive and hurls it at the robot, grinning manically.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Rokku on September 10, 2013, 01:27:40 AM
Rocky lets out an impressed whistle as the stranger leaps off the ship and swoops through the burning hole.  She herself takes the port ladder to head below decks, dropping into a thick cloud of smoke.  Steeling herself for the fight, she follows the sounds of battle.

Spoiler
Move action: Heading down the ladder and activating Vigor.
Rolled 1d20+8 : 10 + 8, total 18
Perception check to pick out bad guys!
Rolled 1d20+9 : 20 + 9, total 29
  I imagine she won't get an attack this turn because she probably won't have line of sight on anyone but if she does let me know!
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 10, 2013, 11:35:06 PM
Spoiler
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k095uty33qkc7ip/Balloon%20Ship.png
Ok, so here is turn order:

Rocky
b1
b5
a7
Grawlix
Crew1 (combating a4)
a2
b2
a3
a4
a1
b8
b3
b4
Gerrik
Passenger 1 (fighting a1)
Bogdy
a6
crew2 (still on weather deck, running down)
passenger 2 (fighting against b1,a7)
crew3 (fighting b4)


Rocky arrives on scene now, and now her original initiative takes affect. So Rokku may take action immediately. 
I already let some of the NPC's go ahead since I don't believe they will impact Rocky's turn at all. (I figured this would help speed things up a bit, if you would like me to not do this in the future I will refrain)
As such, Grawlix may make his turn now since his will happen immediately after Rocky. Jared, you should be able to get your action in when your turn comes, but if you decide you want to alter it just let me know. (btw, in case you have trouble finding him, Bogda is underneath the sail beam, it might take a little squinting to notice it).
Also, I considered not showing you the turn order for the NPC's, at least not until their turn actually came but I decided just throwing it out there would help speed things up.
Hopefully things will be less hectic after this encounter, but this was the only good way I could find to give your characters some common ground.

Rocky doesn't hesitate. She dives into the ship's bowels without second though, nearly bowling over the crew member that was on heading down. Her eyes adjust quickly to the lighting, partly thanks to the blaze on the other side of the hold. Taking a good look around, she notices one robot directly in front of you is fighting another crew member who looks like he has seen better days. Behind the ladder well you are standing on is another robot who appears to take interest in you. You are also mindful of one other behind that and several more can be seen in the same room.  You are very certain this attack was deliberate and these robots intend to slaughter every last creature if the fire doesn't burn away the ship first. There is no smoke in your direct vicinity at this moment.

Gerrik and Bogda both observe the robot, A7, behind the busted ladder well finally decide to assist its brethren in fighting one of the passenger's. His eyes enlarge as despair sinks in. He was already clinging to the main mast base to keep himself on his feet. One robot strikes at him. He barely manages to parry with the lead pipe he was holding when the second robot slices at the man's leg. The man doesn't collapse only thanks to the mast, but he looks like he is on his last. 
Get it? Last leg? nvm...   :-[

Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Rokku on September 11, 2013, 01:21:39 AM
Sizing up the robot picking on the downed passenger, Rocky darts in and strikes low, aiming to knock it off its feet and give the passenger time to escape.

Spoiler
Move: Put Rocky one square southwest of a4, adjacent to the passenger.  Also, Perception to lower the robot's saves by two!
Rolled 1d20+9 : 8 + 9, total 17

Then, Tripmurder! Attack
Rolled 1d20+10 : 11 + 10, total 21
Damage
Rolled 1d6+14 : 3 + 14, total 17
Reflex save vs 19 (with a -2 if Perception succeeded) or go prone on hit.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 11, 2013, 01:59:42 AM
Spoiler
Save:
Rolled 1d20+4 : 20 + 4, total 24
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 11, 2013, 02:05:23 AM
Spoiler
Spoiler
Save:
(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+4 : 20 + 4, total 24
Well, apparently the dice roller can't add/subtract multiple numbers. Unfortunately, -2 still allowed success.

Rocky practically tackles the robot with her foot. The robot receives a large dent but somehow remains standing. Must be dumb luck.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 12, 2013, 01:28:18 AM
Spoiler
Initiative (http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+1 : 17 + 1, total 18

When my turn rolls around, I will use improvisation as a swift action to give myself +2 attack.
Then I will use my move to prepare a vial, and part of that to attach a flash missile.
I will then attack robot a2 with said vial.

To hit, (http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+12 : 11 + 12, total 23 dealing (http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 4d4+4 : 2, 4, 4, 4 + 4, total 18 fire damage, and the target is [Burning] unless it makes a DC 18 Reflex save.
Due to flash missile, if it hits the target is [Blinded] and [Deafened] for one round unless it makes a DC 18 Fort save.

Robot:
Spoiler
Attack lands.
Ref save:
Rolled 1d20+4 : 2 + 4, total 6


Fort save
Rolled 1d20+4 : 6 + 4, total 10

Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 12, 2013, 01:41:37 AM
The robot immediately catches fire and promptly smacks its head against the wall.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 12, 2013, 11:11:22 PM
Spoiler
Crew1: Attacks a4
   23ATK, 8DMG

b2: Move action to extinguish a2

a3: Move Adjacent (north square) to Rocky and attack Rocky.
   Atk:
Rolled 1d20+7 : 4 + 7, total 11

   Dmg:
Rolled 1d6+6 : 6 + 6, total 12


a4: Attack crew1.
   Misses.

a1: Attack Passenger1
   27ATK, 10DMG

b6: Attack [Passenger3]
   25ATK, 6DMG

a2: Bumps into the crate, attacks crate:
   14ATK, 9DMG

b8: Standby

b3: Moves Adjacent(west square) to Rocky and attacks Rocky:
   Atk:
Rolled 1d20+5 : 14 + 5, total 19

   Dmg:
Rolled 1d6+3 : 2 + 3, total 5


b4: Attacks crewmember3
   Misses.


~~~(After Gerrek's turn)~~~

Passenger1: Attacks a4:
   Misses.


~~~(Bogdy's turn (following Gerrek)~~~
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 12, 2013, 11:42:14 PM
Updated Graphic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k095uty33qkc7ip/Balloon%20Ship.png

The crewmember near Rocky attacks his opponent. The robot slides its shield against the knuckled crunching punch, as the wood in the shield gives against the punch, leaving small holes and a fist sized dent.

A robot around the corner, adjacent to Grawlix's opponent, manages to extinguish the burning robot. It stands ready to take its comrades spot.

Rocky is approached by two robots forward of the ladder well. They both attack.
The first slashes with its small scimitar shaped sword but misses.
The second barely manages to land a blow but only to cut away at a piece of her armor and barely grazing her skin. (5dmg)


Rocky's opponent continues to hack at the crewmember. The dent from Rocky's boot must have thrown it out of balance because it misses.

The passenger forward of the main mast takes a blow square across the chest. Not fatal, but it looks like it hurt like hell.

There is a robot in the crate forward of Rocky. It attacks a passenger inside. A very direct blow but his armor appears to have withstood the impact.

Grawlix's opponent begins moving but collides against the crate. It immediately takes a timid swipe against it. It looked like it did that out of shock.

The robot Aft of the port ladderwell attacks the crewmember. The crewmember easily dodges the attack with a short spin on his heels.

The passenger with a gash across his chest, forward of the main mast, makes a very solid strike against air.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: sakuuya on September 13, 2013, 12:44:23 AM
Adrenaline roaring like a sea monster through his veins, Gerrik jumps up and grabs hold of a still-intact beam of the cargo bay ceiling, swinging himself over the flames before him. He touches down briefly in the ruined ladder well before vaulting up the gaping hole and into relatively fresh air. As he ascends, he takes a deep breath and twists to fire two jolts of lightning from his mechanical arm at the nearest robot.

Spoiler
For his swift action, Gerrik enters a war dance. He makes an Acrobatics check (32, it's always 32 when he's dancin') and lifts off as a free action. He moves six squares straight toward the crew quarters and gets [Flying] in the ladder well. Since he only moved half his speed (he gets a 5' boost for being in a war dance), he'll use Vigor.

(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Vigor 1d20+8 : 14 + 8, total 22

He attacks robot a7 twice with his arm cannon. All damage is [Electricity].

(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
First Attack 1d20+10 : 14 + 10, total 24
(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Damage 1d6+10 : 4 + 10, total 14

(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Second Attack 1d20+10 : 9 + 10, total 19
(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Damage 1d6+10 : 2 + 10, total 12
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 13, 2013, 01:10:09 AM
The first shot strikes squarely against its back, putting a goodly hole into its chassy. The second shot strikes off its shield arm which falls to the ground.  This robot has seen better days.

The passenger jumps at the sudden occurrence of falling robot limbs.  He looks a little more hopeful now.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: jared71 on September 13, 2013, 07:59:50 PM
Bogda summons up a ball of frost energy and throws it at an unaware robot.  He slips on some oil on the floor but somehow the robot moved into the energy ball and it caught it straight in the face for some massive damage.

He is excited to prevent harm to the crew!
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 13, 2013, 10:37:07 PM
Spoiler
Ship Battle Map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wnby7ig9vxkd4o/Airship%20Battle%20Map%201.png

Balloon Ship Map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k095uty33qkc7ip/Balloon%20Ship.png

a6: Standby

Crew2: Moves adjacent (south square) to b3 and attacks:
   19ATK, 10DMG

Passenger2:Attacks b1:
   16ATK, 9DMG
   
   He immediately makes a run for it heading aft between the two large crates.
   b1 AOO:
      MISS
   
   Passenger2 turns a corner and bumps into Grawlix.

Crew3: not viewable.

Passenger3: Attacks b6:
   16ATK, 9DMG
Bogda struck the head of the robot, the force of the blow causing its neck to rip out of the base at its shoulder and fling upwards. The neck end sinks into the mast leaving the head to dangle like a prized trophy.


- A crewmember on the weather deck is seen running down the port ladder well. He finds the closest enemy next to Rocky and wacks it good with the hand guard of his rapier.

- The passenger clinging to the mast pounds his lead pipe against the side of the robot's head. He then makes a run for it and barely misses taking a strike from the robot's attack. He limps aft between two large crates and stops directly in front of Grawlix.
The bloody man cries out to Grawlix, "Geeze man, you gotta help me. I know I'm not going to last another second against these things!" He finally looks back and sees Grawlix's opponent who is still staring at the crate it struck at earlier.
"Oh, Geeze!" He yells with horse trill in his voice, "They're everywhere man!"

- The passenger in the crate takes a swing at his little buddy, managing a fairly square blow.

Outside the ship you can hear what can only be the captain's voice, "HAAA! You *bleep* SON of a MULE! I will hang your necks from my own sail and PARADE YOUR DEAD BODIES FOR THE WORLD TO SEE WHY YOU DON' MESS WITH ASHLIN CARVER!!!"
You feel the ship suddenly tilt as it changes course.

*Fire and Smoke spreads further around the ship.

*  *  *

End of Round 1
Begin Round 2 with Rocky
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Rokku on September 13, 2013, 11:50:12 PM
Rocky cracks a kink out of her neck and strikes at the robot again, this time trying to drive it away from its victim.

Spoiler
Move action: Vigoring up again!
Rolled 1d20+8 : 11 + 8, total 19

Perception to reduce a4's saves.
Rolled 1d20+9 : 19 + 9, total 28

Punishing Blow!
Rolled 1d20+10 : 11 + 10, total 21

On hit, Fortitude vs 19 or be pushed 5 feet (one square right).  Rocky follows into a4's old square for free.
Damage
Rolled 1d6+16 : 5 + 16, total 21
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 14, 2013, 01:10:04 AM
Spoiler
Robat A4 receives -2 to saves.
Attack hits,
Fort save:
Rolled 1d20+2 : 9 + 2, total 11

Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: sakuuya on September 14, 2013, 01:13:04 AM
Gerrik laughs as the robot's head flies up only to get stuck in the mast; serves the stupid thing right.

"Nice shot!" he calls to the guy who made the kill.

With perhaps more complicated of a flip than is strictly necessary, he gracefully lands on the weather deck next to the remains of the ladder well, then takes aim at the next-nearest robot. Zap! Zzzap!

Spoiler
Acrobatics to surprise b1 with his fancy flipping: 32. (Surprise!)

Two attacks on b1:

First Attack 1d20+10 : 3 + 10, total 13


Damage 1d6+10 : 5 + 10, total 15


Second Attack 1d20+10 : 6 + 10, total 16


Damage 1d6+10 : 3 + 10, total 13


All damage is [Electricity].
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 14, 2013, 01:29:39 AM
Rocky slams into the robot and hard. The robot lands limply in front of her, and she seems to be standing on its feet now.


Gerrik's results:
Spoiler
(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d100 : 65, total 65
Miss if 1-20, from [concealed].

(It is going to show the other as tampered with, but I forgot the second attack:
Rolled 1d100 : 44, total 44

Miss if 1-20, from [concealed].
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 14, 2013, 01:38:33 AM
The robot must have already lost track of him, the first shot forced the robot's legs to kick up from under itself and the second shot result in it spinning face down with its head stuck through a plank.
The robot doesn't try to get back up.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Qazarar on September 14, 2013, 01:55:00 AM
Grawlix shoves the man behind him, and says "Get out of here! I'll handle this."
He quickly grabs some of his many chemicals and hurls them in the direction of the approaching robots. They explode in a brilliant flash.

Spoiler
He will move past the crew member, keeping himself between the crew member and the robots ahead.
He then uses part of his move to make a flash-bang.
He uses improvisation on the crew member, giving +2 to attacks, saves, and skill checks.
He then throws the flashbang as a standard at the square in between the two robots.
It spreads 20ft, and inficts [Blinded] and [Deafened] for two rounds on all creatures in radius unless they pass a DC 18 Reflex save.
Grawlix saves against the flashbang
Rolled 1d20+8 : 6 + 8, total 14
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 14, 2013, 02:09:32 AM
Spoiler
A2 save:
Rolled 1d20+4 : 18 + 4, total 22


B2 save:
Rolled 1d20+3 : 7 + 3, total 10
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 14, 2013, 02:12:08 AM
The farthest robot freezes.
The other one is still affected from the missile earlier.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: jared71 on September 14, 2013, 03:25:36 AM
Bogda is excited to have blasted a robot apart.  He remains quiet hoping to be unnoticed in the smoke.  Bogda summons up another ball of frost energy and launches it through his tube at a robot.   

Spoiler
Attacks the blind B2 robot unless he can't see it then he will try to find another unaware robot in the smoke to get flat footed on.  Part of a move to be quiet.
Stealth
Rolled 1d20-1 : 10 - 1, total 9


To hit,
Rolled 1d20+16 : 2 + 16, total 18
dealing
Rolled 1d6+24 : 1 + 24, total 25
cold +6 damage if flatfooted.

Great descriptions Castodas!
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 14, 2013, 02:35:37 PM
Bogda lands on the rubble amidst the thick smoke and hops back and immediately launches a frosty projectile against a robot far aft.

Bogda's refined senses feels the projectile dive through the smoky screen, and pierce through an unsuspecting robot. The robot is motionless.

Grawlix feels his farther opponent get struck by something.

Spoiler
Crewmember1: Attacks a3.
   25ATK, 9DMG

   Crewmember takes a 5ft step towards passenger1.

a3: Attacks Rocky
   ATK:
Rolled 1d20+7 : 15 + 7, total 22

   DMG:
Rolled 1d6+6 : 3 + 6, total 9



b5: Unviewable

a1: Attacks Passenger1
   24ATK, 7DMG

b6: Attacks Passenger3
   MISS

a2: Moves adjacent (East square) to Grawlix and attacks.
   ATK:
Rolled 1d20+7 : 19 + 7, total 26

   DMG:
Rolled 1d6+6 : 3 + 6, total 9


b3: Attacks Crewmember2
   MISS

b4: Attacks Crewmember3, results are unviewable.

Passenger1: Attacks a1.
   MISS

a6: Unviewable

b8: Unviewable

Crewmember2: Attacks b3.
   19ATK, 6DMG

Passenger2: Runs into the Crew's Quarters

Crewmember3: Unviewable

Passenger3: Unviewable
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 14, 2013, 03:14:48 PM
Spoiler
Ships: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wnby7ig9vxkd4o/Airship%20Battle%20Map%201.png
Balloon Ship map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k095uty33qkc7ip/Balloon%20Ship.png

The crewmember next to Rocky speaks up, "Thanks mate, I owe you one." He then attacks at the robot (a3) adjacent to Rocky. It really looks beat up now. Its shield is completely torn up and is riddled with dents. Rocky can hear gears grinding like fingernails against a chalkboard.
He takes a deep breath and takes a cautious step through the smoke.

Robot next to Rocky (a3), jabs its bent up sword at Rocky. The blade goes into her side but not very deep. (9 DMG)

The robot now closest to the starboard ladder well attacks its opponent. This passenger, with the previously aforementioned slash across the chest receives a large gash in his belly.  For all he's worth he continues fighting, determination striking his face.

Grawlix's opponent approaches closer and slashes away with a considerable hit. (9 DMG)

The crewmember next to the port ladder well, makes another blow with the hand-guard of his rapier. The hit makes another dent.

Grawlix's new friend runs off and hides inside the crew's quarters.


The ship continues trying to close in on the opposing ship. Gerrik can see that the other ship is not getting any closer. The captain shouts out obscenities and a pistol can be heard being shot off repeatedly.

*The smoke and fire spreads.
Spoiler
Holding breath counter:
Rocky: 1 Round
Gerrik: 1 Round
Grawlix: 1 Round


*  *  *
End Round 2
Begin Round 3
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: jared71 on September 14, 2013, 03:32:07 PM
Slides down the stairway quietly and blasts a robot apart with glee!  He remains quiet hoping to be unnoticed in the smoke.  Bogda summons up another ball of frost energy and launches it through his energy tube at a robot.   

Spoiler
I guess Bogda is up again as they took their turn.
Attacks B3 (first) or A1(second) A2(third choice) robot unless he there is no line of effect, otherwise he will try to find another unaware robot in the smoke to get flat footed on.  Part of a move to be quiet.  He will move to get a better position if necessary to attack.
Stealth - 5 added for progressive checks, not sure he needs stealth though to get flat footed.
Rolled 1d20-6 : 1 - 6, total -5


To hit,
Rolled 1d20+16 : 5 + 16, total 21
dealing
Rolled 1d6+24 : 2 + 24, total 26
cold +6 damage if flatfooted.

Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 15, 2013, 12:07:22 AM
Spoiler
I think you can just go off the last stealth check, but re-checking proffers better results... or worst I suppose. I'm assuming for now that the same bonuses/penalties apply.

Bogda moves across the wrecked step-ladder for a better angle, though as quietly as he was it clearly wasn't enough. His shot hits square on but the robot (b3) managed to defend itself for all it was worth... Which... wasn't worth squat.

The ball of ice stabs right into its chest, causing a momentary firework display of sparks to fly out of the hole as gears grinded most arduously. The robot is sent into a spasm, causing it to constrict itself, first into a fetal position and almost tight enough to form a ball. It finally lays motionless.

Spoiler
Sorry for the long wait, but there you go...  :(
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: sakuuya on September 15, 2013, 12:59:21 AM
The smoke is getting so thick that Gerrik can't even tell whether that last robot he hit went down. Unfortunately, this happens at the apex of his jump, and while he's still trying to peer through the smoke, he tumbles down through the ladder well hole. He manages to catch the edge of the hole and drop himself down semi-gracefully, before bouncing back off the rubble to keep above the busted robots. Yep, the one he hit definitely isn't a threat to anyone any more.

He's about to jump back up onto the weather deck when he sees something through the smoke that looks like the glint of firelight off a metal torso. Without a thought to the thickness of the smoke, he ducks and weaves toward the robot until he's right in front of it and fires his arm canon twice at point-blank range.

Spoiler
All three acrobatics checks this turn (to stop himself from falling, to lift off again, and to surprise a1) 32s as usual. Gerrik moves four squares left and one square up, putting him right in front of a1. a1 is (I'm assuming) flat-footed thanks to Gerrik's acrobatics check and doesn't get an AoO even though Gerrik is firing a ranged weapon in melee, but if he's in melee range of anyone else, they do.

First Attack: 1d20+10 : 13 + 10, total 23

Damage: 1d6+10 : 1 + 10, total 11


Second Attack: 1d20+10 : 15 + 10, total 25

Damage: 1d6+10 : 1 + 10, total 11
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Rokku on September 15, 2013, 02:18:55 AM
Rocky frowns as the blade nicks her, but quickly shakes it off.  She whips around with a spinning backfist at the robot who cut her, planning to put it in the ground.

Spoiler
Vigor!
Rolled 1d20+8 : 19 + 8, total 27

Perception!
Rolled 1d20+9 : 2 + 9, total 11

Attack!
Rolled 1d20+10 : 15 + 10, total 25
Trip vs Ref 19
Damage!
Rolled 1d6+16 : 1 + 16, total 17
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 15, 2013, 02:56:37 AM
Gerrik's opponent first looks left as he spins closer to its right side. Both shots strike, the robot performs a wild twisting motion, craning its whole body until it stops dead, torso facing Gerrik. A faint repetitive 'click, click' is all that can be heard from it.



Rocky's turn:
Spoiler
Fort Save:
Rolled 1d20+4 : 8 + 4, total 12

(Perception failed)
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 15, 2013, 03:00:11 AM
Spoiler
Woops, I had the right numbers but wrong words. That was a Ref save, not a Fort save.

Rocky puts it down all right. It hardly resists.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Qazarar on September 15, 2013, 03:10:50 AM
Grawlix, noticing the smoke filling the air, decides getting out of the immediate are might be a good idea. He hastens away from the robot before turning and throwing another explosive.

Spoiler
I move a full 40ft directly down the hallway, without turning. This likely provokes an opportunity attack.
I prep a vial as a swift, and throw it as a standard.
To hit
Rolled 1d20+10 : 14 + 10, total 24

For damage,
Rolled 4d4+4 : 4, 3, 4, 2 + 4, total 17
fire damage, and is [Burning] unless it makes a DC18 Reflex save.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 15, 2013, 03:18:13 AM
The robot (a2) lashes out at Grawlix.

Spoiler
AoO
Rolled 1d20+7 : 1 + 7, total 8


DMG
Rolled 1d6+6 : 3 + 6, total 9

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ref Save
Rolled 1d20+4 : 8 + 4, total 12
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 15, 2013, 08:28:49 PM
Spoiler
woops, I think I forgot something...  :-[

Grawlix's bomb flies straight and crashes over the robot with a fiery explosion. Through the smoke you can make out a burning object approaching.

Spoiler
I'll begin working on the group now and get this round completed, but first I'm going to eat.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 15, 2013, 10:20:54 PM
Spoiler
Crewmember1: Runs to port ladder-well.

b7: Moves aft and immediately approaches Rocky for a strike.
   ATK:
Rolled 1d20+5 : 12 + 5, total 17

   DMG:
Rolled 1d6+3 : 6 + 3, total 9


b5: Moves aft from the port side of the forward crates and imposes on Crewmember2 for a strike.
   MISS

b6: Attacks Crewmember3 inside the crate.
   14ATK, 6DMG

a2: The burning robot approaches Grawlix but it's short stubby legs don't let it go very far.
   [Burning round 1]
Rolled 1d4 : 4, total 4

   
b4: Attacks crewmember3 (beside port/aft crate)
   Not viewable, grawlix hears a *shink* sound followed by a painful grunt.

Passenger1: Runs out to meet the new robots, attacks at b7:
   23ATK, 7DMG

a6: Not Viewable

b8: Not Viewable

a5: Not Viewable

Crewmember2: Attacks b5.
   MISS

Awesome music from Jubei Chan 2 begins playing on Castodas' pandora station.

Passenger2: Not viewable (still hiding)

Crewmember3: Not Viewable
   Grawlix hears something pound against metal.

Passenger3: Not viewable from inside the crate.
   Rocky hears "You ain't tired yet robot punk? Here, have some more!" followed by an audible bang.

Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 15, 2013, 11:31:24 PM
Spoiler
Balloon Ship: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k095uty33qkc7ip/Balloon%20Ship.png
Nobody is on the weather deck for update on both ships.
The crewmember beside Rocky turns to look towards the fire, a look of disgust forms on his face. With a cloth to his mouth he shouts muffled words at Rocky, "It's too late, the fire is spreading too fast! We need to abandon the ship!" He turns and begins running for the port ladder-well.

Another group of robots comes from the port side of the forward crates. It spots Rocky and approaches for an attack that misses.

A robot behind the last moves to step over one of its fallen to swing at the crewmember next to the port ladder-well. It misses as well.

The robot inside the crate can be heard attacking the passenger with it.

Grawlix's opponent chases after him with flames sprouted over its metal frame. It is too slow to reach Grawlix.

The passenger just saved by Gerrik clutches the wounds along his front and covers his mouth with a bloodied cloth. He nods at Gerrik when the new group of robots burst in. Scowling, he leans on the crate a moment for balance and steps up beside Rocky to attack her foe.

The crewmember by the ladder-well (just attacked by b5) grins at his new opponent and takes a swing at it using his sword's hand guard. He misses and he blurps out a swear word.


The captain can be heard yelling more swear words and then issuing instructions to his crew on the weather deck.
Suddenly, a loud snappnig sound is heard and the whole ship jerks violently and tilting slightly forward and starboard. (Make a Reflex Save DC 15 to avoid falling prone. If you are flying or have abilities that would ignore the prone condition, you may ignore this).

Spoiler
Crewmember1 falls (in front of ladder-well)
b7 remains standing
b5 remains standing
b6 falls
a2 remains standing
b4 falls
Passenger1 falls (next to rocky)
a6 (unknown)
b8 (unknown)
a5 (unknown)
crewmember2  remains standing (Beside port ladder-well)
Passenger2 (unknown)
Crewmember3 (unknown)
[/color]

*Fire and smoke spread even more rapidly.*

Spoiler
Holding Breath Counter
Rocky 2
Gerrik 1
Bogda 1

*  *  *
End Round 3
Begin Round 4
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Qazarar on September 15, 2013, 11:44:03 PM
Grawlix attempts to steady himself and avoid falling as the ship lurches.
Spoiler
Rolled 1d20+8 : 4 + 8, total 12
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: jared71 on September 16, 2013, 12:53:34 AM
Bogda attempts to stay standing in the jerk.

Spoiler
Rolled 1d20+5 : 17 + 5, total 22

Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: jared71 on September 16, 2013, 01:19:52 AM
Bogda studies himself when the ships hit and lets out a sigh.  He runs toward the direction of the other ship and scans with his all knowing.  He throws an energy ball at prone robot B4.
Spoiler
didnt get the spoiler spelt right so it shows tampered with.  Looks like Igot a crit so +8 more damage if it matters.

He moves 40' toward the direction of the other ship and scans with tremorsense 35' range as a swift.
(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+11 : 6 + 11, total 17  attacks prone B4 (http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+16 : 20 + 16, total 36 (http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d6+30 : 6 + 30, total 36 cold damage.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Rokku on September 16, 2013, 06:58:06 AM
Spoiler
Reflex!
Rolled 1d20+6 : 18 + 6, total 24
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Rokku on September 16, 2013, 06:59:16 AM
Rocky keeps her feet beneath her as she shouts, "Abandon ship?  To *what*?"
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 17, 2013, 09:35:00 PM
Spoiler
Perception flattens its defenses it takes a massive blow. (this is against robot b5- you managed to flat-foot anyways)

So yeah, I finally did it... go me.  It only took like, what? Two days to figure out what the hell I was doing?  I guess someone else can go now, jared is the only one to take his full move. Not sure why Qazarar didn't take his action.
Well, I think for this next turn I will try for three days this time.  :P
Bogda runs over past Gerrik and stops next to Rocky.  He stops in a brief moment of concentration. It is at this moment that Bogda discovered an opening against one of the robots; so without hesitation, Bogda launches off another frost ball that strike the robot's upper mid-section and tears through a great chuck out of its left side. The frosty missile smacks against the far wall and an arm and pieces of metal slide on the floor. The robot still stands though and it looks particularly un-phased- partly due to that you really wouldn't know what a startled or freaked out robot would look like.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: sakuuya on September 20, 2013, 01:26:15 PM
For a moment, Gerrik feels like he's falling, until he realizes that it's actually the ship pitching around him. He leaps through the chaos of the slanting landscape over to the nearest robot, sliding in between one of the sailors and a young woman who, judging by her lack of weapons, must be smacking robots around with her bare hands. He throws a smile to the latter, then plugs away at the robot in front of her.

Spoiler
Gerrik moves to the between Rocky and crewmember 2(?), distracts b7, and attacks it.

Acrobatics to make robot b5 flat-footed: 32

(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+10 : 16 + 10, total 26
(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+10 : 3 + 10, total 13

(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+10 : 18 + 10, total 28
(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+10 : 14 + 10, total 24

All damage is [Electricity], as usual.

EDIT:
Spoiler
Herp derp. I just c/p'd damage without changing the d20s to d6s. Let's try that again.
(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Attack 1 Damage: 1d6+10 : 4 + 10, total 14
(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Attack 2 Damage: 1d6+10 : 1 + 10, total 11
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 20, 2013, 08:54:32 PM
Spoiler
Once again... I am a derp. Sorry for all the unnecessary confusion.
The robot gracefully dodges the incoming round- erhm... Dodges it right into the actual incoming round and explodes into a spray of scrap metal.

Spoiler
Now it's dead. We can all live our lives in peace once again... hopefully!
And really, thanks guys for being patient with me... I've been a huge cloud-brain.

Rokku or Qazarar are next.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Qazarar on September 20, 2013, 11:34:15 PM
Grawlix gets up off the floor and moves around the corner, seeing a crewmember engaged in combat with another robot.
He moves up next to the crewmember and lashes at the robot with his sharp claws, driving it back.

Spoiler
Stand up as a swift
Move around the corner, adjacent to both the crewmember and b4.
Attack with demon claws on b4.
Rolled 1d20+8 : 12 + 8, total 20
Rolled 1d6+7 : 1 + 7, total 8
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 20, 2013, 11:57:43 PM
Grawlix manages to slide by a crewmember for a metal ripping strike against the robot, which leaves all its gyrating innards to come pouring out as the robot falls over with a clatter like a metal rag doll.

Spoiler
Finally, someone took out that nefarious robot.
Up next is Rokku.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Rokku on September 21, 2013, 12:55:54 PM
Rocky darts around the ruins of robot b7 to strike at b5 with a scything leg.

Spoiler
Move to the right of B5, and trip it!
Perception!
Rolled 1d20+9 : 14 + 9, total 23
for -2 saves
Attack!
Rolled 1d20+10 : 12 + 10, total 22
Reflex vs 19 or prone.
Damage!
Rolled 1d6+16 : 2 + 16, total 18
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 21, 2013, 06:47:59 PM
Rocky's Turn: The Robot's legs are forced up from under as Rocky's leg fly's underneath and with perfect motion, comes back up to meet the robot at the pinnacle of its fall and slam it down to the ground and partway through the planks of the deck. The destroyed robot is left with a massive dent in its torso.

Spoiler
Map Updates:
Balloon Ship: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k095uty33qkc7ip/Balloon%20Ship.png
Trelwenia: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9syvta2vq9ilawl/Trelwenia.png

The Crewmember at the bottom of the ladder-well (Crew2, square south of ladder-well) quickly get to his feet and shouts to you passengers, "Come on! If those robots want to continue their fight, we can do up on the main deck, but we need to focus on getting off this death trap!" He begins running to the top.

The robot inside the crate stand up cautiously and strikes. Its attack sounds like it hit wood.

A robot (a2) covered in flames appears from between two aft side crates. It looks like it is trying to decide whether to attack Bogda or Gerrik.
(a2 takes damage from [burning])
Rolled 2d4 : 2, 1, total 3


The passenger between Bogda and Gerrik gets up quickly with a slight fumble. He clutches his slashed up chest and bares his teeth at the little vermin that just showed up (a2).  "You two go on, I'll keep this one busy. It will be my absolute pleasure."
He charges forward (bull rush actually), and pushes the robot back between the crates.

More robots come from around the forward most crates on the port side.
The first (robot a6) performs a zigzag maneuver to safely reach Rocky. It strikes:
ATK:
Rolled 1d20+7 : 19 + 7, total 26

DMG:
Rolled 1d6+6 : 5 + 6, total 11


The second robot (b8) dodges around Rocky's reach and closes in on Grawlix. It strikes:
ATK:
Rolled 1d20+5 : 15 + 5, total 20

DMG:
Rolled 1d6+3 : 3 + 3, total 6


Bogdy is aware of a third robot as it gets to its feet quickly. It approaches, but the bodies and wreckage on the floor are slowing it down.

The crewmember next to Grawlix slams himself into the closest robot and pushes it 10 feet.
Spittle flying out of his mouth he shouts at the rest of you, "Come on, all of you! Get above decks!"

The other crewmember next to the ladder-well Urges further. "Don't dally you groundmongerers!" He rushes up the ladderwell and both robots around the ladder-well (a6 & b8 AoO) manage to strike at his legs and feet on his way up. The landing blows drives the man into a ramble of shouting vulgar curses and threats.

*Through the roar of the fire, the ship can be heard creaking and groaning.
A very loud CRACK is heard again as the ship jerks violently downwards on the starboard end.

Spoiler
15 Ref Save to avoid falling prone, ignore this if you have affects or abilities that would prevent the [prone] condition:
Bogda:
Rolled 1d20+5 : 4 + 5, total 9


Gerrik:
Rolled 1d20+10 : 2 + 10, total 12


Rocky:
Rolled 1d20+6 : 15 + 6, total 21


Grawlix:
[roll]1d20+8[/color]

Crew1: weather deck

b6: Standing
a2: Prone

Passenger1 (bullrushed a2): Standing

a6: Standing
b8: Prone
a5: Standing

Crew2: Weather deck (had his feet hacked at)
Crew3 (bullrushed b8): Prone

Passenger3: Standing

*The fire and smoke spreads more.*

*  *  *

End of Round 4
Begin Round 5

Spoiler
a6, b8, a2 and b6 are all that remain in the direct vicinity. a5 is coming around the corner so he maybe reachable. from the stairs
Space is a little bit tight.
You have only one crewmember in the vicinity who is directly in front of b8.
Two Passengers remain in sight as well, one is directly in front of a2 between the aft crates.
The other passenger is inside the forward left-most crate and directly in front of b6.
Please let me know if you need more clarity on anything.

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 21, 2013, 07:02:29 PM
umm....

Spoiler
Grawlix Ref:
Rolled 1d20+8 : 2 + 8, total 10
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Qazarar on September 21, 2013, 08:50:55 PM
Grawlix decides he's been below deck long enough, stands up before running down the hall and climbing up the ladder.

Spoiler
Stand up as a swift.
Move as far over and out as possible with 40ft of speed, up the ladder.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Rokku on September 22, 2013, 02:29:06 AM
Frowning, Rocky clocks the robot beside her to drive it back, then withdraws up the ladder.

Spoiler
Attacking a6 with Punishing Blow, Fort vs. 19 on hit or it's pushed 10 feet.
Perception to reduce saves
Rolled 1d20+10 : 1 + 10, total 11

Attack
Rolled 1d20+10 : 11 + 10, total 21

Damage
Rolled 1d20+16 : 11 + 16, total 27

Acrobatics in case punshing blow fails and she needs to avoid an AoO
Rolled 1d20+8 : 2 + 8, total 10
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Rokku on September 22, 2013, 02:29:57 AM
Proper Damage Roll
Rolled 1d6+16 : 1 + 16, total 17
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: jared71 on September 22, 2013, 02:52:54 AM
Bogda falls to the floor but with his monk training springs back to his feet. He throws an ice ball at a visible target and moves toward the stairs.

Spoiler
swift to stand.  attack roll at robot
Rolled 1d20+16 : 11 + 16, total 27
Rolled 1d6+24 : 3 + 24, total 27
cold damage. Then he moves 40' up the stairs.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 22, 2013, 01:00:11 PM
Saves against Rocky

Perception check fails

Fort:
Rolled 1d20+4 : 11 + 4, total 15
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 22, 2013, 01:20:19 PM
Rocky:
Spoiler
The robot (a6) crashes against the wall with a deep indentation in its torso from where the kick landed.

Rocky moves and is now standing on the lower half of the stairs.


Bogda:
Spoiler
Bogda gets to his feet and stacks on the damage against the robot Rocky just sent into one of the ship frames. (a6)
The robot now seems barely able to move.

Grawlix and Bogda are now both on the main deck.
You can see/sense another ship approaching from the west and the other attacking ship looks long gone. Either it didn't want to get in a fight with the second ship or it simply decided to leave you for dead.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: sakuuya on September 22, 2013, 03:06:51 PM
The ship tilts enough that Gerrik, barely even touching the ground, nevertheless tumbles to the floor, but he manages to stop himself from sliding down the sharp incline of the floor and gets back up easily enough. He takes a couple potshots at the robot in front of him before jumping up through the ladder well and onto the weather deck.

Spoiler
Stand up as a swift, shoot b6 twice, then move. You can put Gerrik wherever's convenient on the weather deck; his speed is 55. Please don't put him in any fire, though.  :P

(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
First Attack: 1d20+10 : 2 + 10, total 12
(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Damage: 1d6+10 : 1 + 10, total 11

(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Second Attack: 1d20+10 : 3 + 10, total 13
(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Damage: 1d6+10 : 1 + 10, total 11

Acrobatics to move through the ladder well square b8 (and possibly a6, depending on where Rocky kicked it to) are threatening: 32
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 22, 2013, 05:07:56 PM
Spoiler
The incoming vessel: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3e9g2z0ov9kf63o/TIBER%20CROP%20SHIP.png
Gerrik shoots at the robot inside the crate but misses. He then runs up and out of the port ladder-well and then around to stand in between Bogda and Grawlix aft of the ladderwell, where she will be able to shoot anything that comes up.

Over across the ship, where the burning is, you all can see cables to the balloon dangling wildly with charred stumps of the ship frame attached to them. The fire is roaring and has already climbed up the forward mast and begun burning the sail; a massive black cloud can be seen trailing down wind in front of the ship. 

The opposing ship is visible, but it is moving too fast. It looks like it won't be coming back.

There is another ship approaching to the west. It has three great propellers holding it up and two sets of crops attached to its forward and aft sections. It is another cargo ship and it has the name "Tiber" written along its bow.


*  *  *

Stuff happens below decks:

b6 attacks a passenger in the crate
a2 still burning and takes 7 damage, then the flame dies; it gets up cautiously to its feet and strike at the passenger who is gutted further.
The passenger attacks a2, but appears to have missed.

a6 trudges over to Rocky. Its small dented body giving it the look of a constipated penguin. It attacks, its arm not seeming to want to work for a moment.
Rolled 1d20+7 : 2 + 7, total 9

Rolled 1d6+6 : 1 + 6, total 7


b8 gets up slowly and tries to run its piece into the crewmember that pushed it. It manages a deep jab right into his middle.
a5 finally shows up and run up next to b8 to give the crewmember a good jab but misses anyways.
That same crewmember attempts a Rocky inspired kick at b8, but misses with shame.
Crewmember3, inside the crate, attacks his foe and also misses.


*  *  *

The captain walks over to the deck balustrade along with one of his crewmembers who is holding a set of parachutes.
"Aye, thank ya me hearties. You helped defend me ship and me crew, but atlas to no avail; but Ashin Carver be a most gracious host. Aye, that there be a ship a comin but its intentions be unknown. So please accept me final attempt to maintain good faith in me honorable position as host to this hearty voyage."
His crewmember throws down the bunch of parachutes. There seems to be enough for each of you, and Rocky when she gets up.
The ship, Tiber is nearly directly adjacent to The Fair Angel as it spends time to adjust its bearing its crop engines pivoting up and down.

*Fire and smoke spreads.*
Someone can be heard screaming inside the forward crate.

Spoiler
Note,
a5, b8, the severly damaged a6, are all standing around the ladderwell and may be shot at from around the ladder-well on the main deck- but must be on the opposite side to the target to have line of sight. Rocky may strike any one before moving, b8 and a6 are in melee range to her.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 22, 2013, 05:14:31 PM
Balloon Ship:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/k095uty33qkc7ip/Balloon%20Ship.png
Trelwenia: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9syvta2vq9ilawl/Trelwenia.png

Almost forgot.
Also:


End Round 5
Begin Round 6
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: jared71 on September 22, 2013, 09:48:22 PM
Bogda grabs a paracute and straps it on his back.  "How can i help captain?  I have knowledge of the ways of nature or i can blast robots"

Spoiler
he spends any needed actions to prepare the parachute and can ready to attack down another ladder or help the captain with knowlegde nature.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 22, 2013, 11:28:45 PM
Ashlin Carver: "Aye," he begins twisting his waxed moustache with his fingers, "It not be necessary. Ashlin Carver be a hearty man, and today I go down with me ship; but it not be the last you will see of ASHLIN CARVER! God will show them mercy after I'm done with them! Ain't that right me boys? HAHAHAHAHA!" His crew hands all laugh with him- if not quite as passionately at the captain.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: jared71 on September 24, 2013, 01:41:03 AM
Bogda grabs a paracute and straps it on his back.  He thinks, "Well, at least now I know the captain is actually insane."  He breaths in fresh air and feels much happier to be on the deck.  He shoots down this hole at a robot.  If there is no robot in Line of Effect he will move to another stairwell to attack."


Spoiler
Grabs parachute and attacks robot and moves to target a robot.  He is trying to avoid the smoke but will go down the ladder if needed.
ATTACK
Rolled 1d20+16 : 20 + 16, total 36

DAMAGE
[roll]1d6+24/roll] cold damage +6 if flat footed 
 
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Rokku on September 24, 2013, 02:48:06 PM
Rocky springs up the ladder, snatches a parachute from the air as it's thrown at her and without stopping, swan dives off the side of the ship.

LIKE A BOSS.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: jared71 on September 26, 2013, 12:53:14 PM
Just continuing my action as above.

Spoiler
Grabs parachute and attacks robot and moves to target a robot.  He is trying to avoid the smoke but will go down the ladder if needed.
ATTACK
Was a crit from above and damage added in below.
DAMAGE
Rolled 1d6+32 : 1 + 32, total 33
cold damage +6 if flat footed 
 
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 26, 2013, 09:26:31 PM
Bogda maneuvers over to the starboard side of the port ladder-well and aims down at a robot contesting against the one of the crewmembers- from here Bogda can see two robots teaming the crewmember.
Maybe it was the refreshing taste of fresh air, maybe it was built up frustration, maybe it was just simple bad-assery, it doesn't matter; Bogda launches his frosty serving with metal shearing finesse that spears right through one side and out through the other side. The robot didn't even have a chance to feel the force of the impact. The robot just simply crumples over with a big gaping hole in either sides.

Rocky very gracefully jumps over the side.

Gerrik peers over towards the other ship, trying to find some clue that might tell him if he should take his chances here or bolt it. At first, nothing pops out at him. Most of them are busily working, probably getting ready to board this ship. Then his eyes meet another's. A woman wearing some kind of grey gown with golden patterns sewn in, she has straight silvery hair that hangs past her breasts, and you are very certain she is looking back at you; maybe even aware of your study. She takes a step forward suddenly, then something spreads from her back and a set of long dull-grey wings open up as she begins flying up towards the ship. As she approaches, she stretches her arms out low with palms facing you. She is unarmed and doesn't appear hostile.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Qazarar on September 27, 2013, 08:02:04 PM
Grawlix moves to the side of the ship and looks down at the one below, gauging his options.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: jared71 on September 27, 2013, 09:23:25 PM
Bogda lashes out with a fist at a robot coming up the stairwell.  "Die scum."

Spoiler

ATTACK
Rolled 1d20+15 : 1 + 15, total 16

DAMAGE
Rolled 1d6+12 : 3 + 12, total 15

Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on September 28, 2013, 04:55:25 PM
The passenger with slashes in his chest and belly climbs the ladder-well and collapses to his knees on the weather deck in a wheezing fit.

And right behind him emerges a badly beaten robot (a6).
Bogda immediately reacts but his fist merely lands on the remnents of a shield instead which falls apart even more.

The robot takes a swipe at the collapses man and scores a slash into his back.

Meanwhile, the crew member below continues fight his opponent. He pounds away at the robot with a pipe and manages a good hit that jars the robot a moment. The robot strikes back, slashing at the crewmember's knee. He scores and the man immediately drops to one knee, which is all he seems to be able to manage.

The captain yells to his crewmember's, "Alright me crew, prepare to release ole' light hearted."
The crew stares a moment at him in disbelief. The captain roars, "YA HEARD ME YA RUM BRAINS, RELEASE THE BALOON ON ME COMMAND!"
All the crewmember's begin scrambling to a different balloon cable line.

"Aye, mate," Talking to Grawlix, "do ole' Carver a favor and release that line near you." He then walks over to one himself.

*Fire spreads more as does smoke; up here though, the smoke isn't very prevalent.


Next turns.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: jared71 on September 30, 2013, 11:10:35 AM
Bodga says, "Hopefully, you have another way to make this thing fly."  He shoots at the robot that is attacking the crew member that is trying to escape. 


Spoiler
ATTACK
Rolled 1d20+16 : 10 + 16, total 26

DAMAGE
Rolled 1d6+24 : 2 + 24, total 26
cold damage +6 more if flat footed 
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Qazarar on September 30, 2013, 07:00:08 PM
Grawlix will heed the captain's order, and move to release the line nearest him.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on October 01, 2013, 08:29:57 PM
Bogda pelts the dented creaky robot, and it falls to bits.

Meanwhile, Grawlix puts his attention on the cable right next to him. (Need Engineering check, DC 10, to figure out how to release it).

The captain responds to Bogda, first with a bellowing laugh, "HA HA HA! Fly? No, me boy. This is to PUT THAT BLASTED FIRE OUT!" He says with a maniacal twitch in his eye.

The passenger, still hacking up smoke, looks back at the captain with a look of horror written on his face, "Are... you Cra...azy!" He said in between coughs. The captain doesn't respond.



Meanwhile meanwhile, Rocky lands safely in the sea below.  (Athletic swim check please, DC 15- or anything else to keep yourself above water)
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Rokku on October 02, 2013, 08:36:24 PM
Rocky begins a leisurely swim to the nearest shore.

Spoiler
Taking 10 for 15 unless I can't!
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Qazarar on October 02, 2013, 08:47:07 PM
Grawlix quickly examines the cable to figure out how to work its mechanism

Spoiler
Engineering check
Rolled 1d20+8 : 11 + 8, total 19
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on October 02, 2013, 09:29:11 PM
Spoiler
'Unfortunately, Rokku, as this instance is a jump straight into the moment kind of thing, you don't have a lot of time to get a feel for the water. You must make a roll attempt.  Each consecutively failed roll counts against you towards suffocation. However, I'm only requiring you to succeed once.' is not a valid dice string!

Grawlix examines the cable latch and notices the pin that, while isn't exactly holding the thing together, is allowing for a stable connection.  After pulling that out, a good wack at the rod locking the end of the cable to the ship frame should suffice to knock it out and thus release the cable. It occurs to you that this setup is pretty unsafe.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Rokku on October 02, 2013, 09:44:11 PM
Athletics
Rolled 1d20+5 : 19 + 5, total 24
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on October 02, 2013, 09:57:54 PM
(Swim check succeeds) Rocky splashes into the water and immediately pops up.  Getting a quick look around, she sees land a couple kilometers away and also a very rickety small wooden boat approaching. Someone with a warty frog head and a brown blotchy skin complexion is pointing at you from the ship's bow as he yells back to others on the boat.

Eventually the parachute falls down behind you.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Rokku on October 03, 2013, 01:22:41 AM
Rocky swims towards the boat, hollering once she gets near.

"Hello there!  Had a bit of a problem up top.  Pirates, y'know?  Can a lady catch a ride?"
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: sakuuya on October 03, 2013, 10:25:56 AM
Gerrik grabs a parachute and jumps off the edge of the boat, but rather than activating his parachute, he sails horizontally out toward the winged woman. He relaxes his shoulder muscles to make the spark cannon on the end of his mechanical arm fold back into his metal hand.

"Hello!" He calls to her as he approaches. "As you can see, we're having a bit of trouble over here! Could we talk on a ship? I don't, ah--" He gestures to her wings.

Spoiler
Gerrik drops out of his war dance. For the next 6 rounds, he is [Fatigued], which means he can't run or charge, and he takes a -1 penalty to d20 rolls.

Acrobatics to start [Flying]: 30
.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on October 03, 2013, 08:39:05 PM
The robot (a5) fighting with the crewmember below deck next to the ladder-well stabs one blade deep into the man's knee, causing him to jerk forward in the agony. The robot takes advantage of the his motion and manages to uppercut its other blade clean through his skull. A quick jerk frees both blades and the man collapses onto the deck. The robot then makes its way aft, moving deeper into the ship.


As Gerrik jumps from the ship, a look of sheer startlement impresses on the woman's face and with a brief glimpse of golden light she vanishes and reapers in the same instance right next to Gerrik.
She motions to grab you, but then hesitates as it dawns on her that you are not falling.
She giggles briefly, "and what are you that you should be capable of holding yourself in the air like so?" She takes a breath, her face returning to a solemn expression, "Never mind, gather your people and prepare for us to come along-side." She raises an arm straight up, almost as if waving.


The froggish, or toady, man looks down at Rocky and replies to her request, "Aye, be-in you firs tell us where you be from and to whom you give your allegiance to. This be-in a war time n-all; you understand."

The fire spreads its bit some more. On the weather deck, the smoke is only down-wind or right next to the fire.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: jared71 on October 03, 2013, 08:52:19 PM
He shoots at the robot A5 that stabbed the crew member.   Bogda yells, "You inhuman beast, DIE!"


Spoiler
ATTACK
Rolled 1d20+16 : 3 + 16, total 19


DAMAGE
Rolled 1d6+24 : 4 + 24, total 28

cold damage +6 more if flat footed 
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Qazarar on October 04, 2013, 12:25:56 AM
Grawlix will reach over and remove the pin before giving the connection a good hard thwack with his Large Heavy Object.

Spoiler
Attack roll, if necessary.
Rolled 1d20+8 : 17 + 8, total 25
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on October 04, 2013, 02:35:29 AM
Bogda jumps down the ladderwell.  The smoke is thick and the noises are loud but his powerful senses give him automatic location of the robot and he is only a short ways down the nearest passageway which is just far enough to be shot at.
Your attack hit (not flat-footed), and your senses tell you its head has been disjoined from its body and is hanging rather limp by some wires, probably. The robot is still active, however, and on its feet.

Grawlix pounds away at the thick locking rod. From the look of the rust on it, you'd think it had fuzed with the cable link. Turns out the rust was actually quite brittle and the rod pops through to the other side. The cable then whips back violently. (Make a REF save: DC 18 to avoid falling prone and taking 12 points [hp reduction])


The ship doesn't jerk so violently this time, but the ship creaks, groans, whines and moans. Everyone on the ship feels the deck trying to shift around under your feet and by the looks of that fire, which has already engulfed the main mast, things are liable to get very rough, very soon.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Rokku on October 04, 2013, 04:28:26 PM
"I'm new in town fella, aint had a chance to sign myself up with anyone yet," says Rocky, "tell ya what though, gimme a ride and I'll give your sales pitch a good honest listen."
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Qazarar on October 04, 2013, 07:17:43 PM
Grawlix attempts to quickly duck the cable

Spoiler
Rolled 1d20+8 : 7 + 8, total 15
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on October 04, 2013, 07:44:49 PM
The cable whips out slashing a deep wound into Grawlix (12 [hp reduction])and throws him to the ground. The cable is still flailing dangerously but is too high now to be of concern.


The toad man tosses a line out to be climbed.
"You out of luck miss; we no offerin jobs to no outsiders. Frankly, I ought-ta leave you here; but because you from tha' ship up there, I am suppose to give ya a hand."
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Rokku on October 04, 2013, 10:31:37 PM
Rocky hauls herself aboard and starts flicking water off into the sea.

"Thanks fella," she says, "you're a good sort.  Might be some more folks coming down soon, if you wanna pick up more passengers.  Or if you wanna avoid 'em."
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on October 08, 2013, 12:24:05 AM
The toadyman snarls his upper lip in contempt, "I go when we get the signal, falling ship or no; but, hehe," His snarl turns to a smirk, "it'll probably fall. I hope it takes you mercenary types with it."

He turns to walk towards the boat's cabin, which enters from behind.

Now you get a better look at the boat.  It is much smaller than what you just came from.  Just a simple wooden fishing boat shaped with a pointed bow and a square stern.  The cabin at its very center houses the helm of which you see a great burly woman steering. She has wears two brown braided pig tails and a single pointed tooth sticks out of her lower lip. She doesn't really look the part of helmsman and her oversized hands are almost as big as the small round helm she is holding in her hands.

There are two other fellas outside the cabin on either side.  The one on the port side looks rather thin with messy black hair pouring over his head down to his hips. He wears a blue head band which seems to help keep the hair out of his face and on his face is a very big nose that points almost squarely out of his face.  As he leans against the cabin he appears to be just staring up casually, as if expecting rain.
The other fella on the same side as you looks a lot more normal.  Wearing his reddish brown hair short, if still a bit messy. The lack of a shirt reveals a muscular build but by no means oversized either. He watches you as he leans forward against the railing.

You are currently standing near the bow on the starboard side. The boat is about 35ft long and 15ft wide with a 10x5ft cabin. The ship is powered with a motor engine.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on October 12, 2013, 01:31:36 AM
The robot retaliates against Bogda. It approaches from the smoke with its head dangling like a bell clapper and throws a jab with its sword.

Attack: (Melee range ignore smoke concealment)
Rolled 1d20+7 : 17 + 7, total 24

Damage:
Rolled 1d6+6 : 1 + 6, total 7


Outside the ship, the Tiber moves around in a tight circle until it is directly adjacent to
the Fair Angel's port side. Crew members on the Tiber line up carrying large buckets along the Tiber's starboard side, which faces the Fair Angel. Another group of Tiber crew members begin throwing down several planks to make gangways between the two ships. While that is happening, a man's voice is heard on a loudspeaker.
"To everyone that values your life, you may take advantage of our very unusual assistance and calmlyboard my vessel to safety. However, my crew is free to disallow anyone they deem unfit. So make it your best effort to seem worthwhile. Over."

The Fair Angel's crew members do not hesitate. Putting the crazed orders of their beloved captain on permanent halt, they begin making their way to the other ship.
Captain Carver snarls and yells out. "WHAT BE YOU DOIN ME NO GOOD CREW?! YOU CAN NO JUST IGNORE YUR CAPTAIN!  GET BACK TO YUR STATIONS!" He continues yelling at them with a great many words that would embarrass his own mother.

The flying woman cranes her neck a moment as she attempts to get a better look at something on the Fair Angel's deck. She then zips down, landing near the port ladder well. Her wings fold up on her back and a pair of black wing shells close on those. She then hunches down next to the passenger that had just come up from below, who sounded like he was finally starting to recover his breath. She puts her head close to his and appears to be discussing something with him.  Finally, he stands up slowly and wobbly.

*The fire continues to rage. Suddenly, a loud popping sound is heard as the foremast begins falling over forward. The short mast collides with a pair of the still clinging balloon cables attached to the tip of the ships bow.  The port cable snaps. The starboard cable still appears secure, but if it comes loose...
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: jared71 on October 12, 2013, 07:36:17 PM
Bodga grunts a bit with the hit from the robot.  Then he swifts out his light saber and trips the robot.  Afterwards, he helps people get above deck even if it provokes from a live robot with his move action.  He yells out, "Everyone above deck to safety!" 


Spoiler
To HIT robot ,
Rolled 1d20+15 : 1 + 15, total 16

DAMAGE
Rolled 1d6+18 : 1 + 18, total 19
cold.   DC21 trip if it matters.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on October 12, 2013, 10:27:17 PM
The robot parries your strike, causing no damage to be dealt.
People are stirring from with the aft crates, probably on their way out after hearing the other ship's loud speaker.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: sakuuya on October 14, 2013, 11:56:51 AM
After following the winged woman back to the Fair Angel, Gerrik continues to trail after her over to the port ladder well.

"Is anyone else down there?" he calls into the smoky cargo hold. "Do you need help getting up?"

Spoiler
Gerrik is fatigued for the next 5 turns.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: jared71 on October 16, 2013, 11:49:38 AM
From the smoke below deck, Bodga yells, "There are wounded down here that need helping out!  There is one at least one robot down here trying to bite off my arm and I could use some help." 

Spoiler
Unless there is going to be something hard to fight, my thought is to call the encounter as over and just go to the cleanup dialogue phase.  That way we can re-group, meet each other and prepare for the next encounter.
Bodga is going to try to get the wounded out of the ship and board the rescue vessel.
Title: Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
Post by: Castodas on October 17, 2013, 11:31:51 PM
The robot attempts another swing at Bogda; but then suddenly, the floor twists out from under its feet. The robot, with no hands to grip itself into place, immediately falls sideways and the crate before it.
Bogda reacts almost instinctively. Feeling butterflies in his stomach from the sudden change in gravity he jumps sideways in time to meet the edge of the ladder-well's frame as the whole weather deck rotates to face the horizon.

Grawlix and Gerrik both saw the last balloon cable at the tip of the bow snap loose from its place and a dangerous chain reaction ensued as the remaining cables on the starboard side were quickly ripped out from the ship's frame posts.
Gerrik wasted no time as he grabbed the one surviving passenger to haul him across the ship with the help of the flying women.
With the deck rotating him upright, Grawlix manages to quickly get to his feet and grip the ship's side and for a moment he hangs there along with Bogda who had just jumped through the ladder-well hole.

A great roaring cry is heard from other passengers as the crates below deck pound against the ship's burning side and rip free through the other side, and suddenly the cries go silent.

The crew members too slide down the weather deck and smash against the ship's rails before beings tossed down into the sea below while Captain Carver grips his helm with a look of sheer determination that says, 'the world just shit on me and now I'm ready to shit back!' He hangs on defiantly to the helm and even manages to stay standing on the deck as if driving like any other day.

While the balloon manages to keep the ship's port side held up, several hemp ropes are thrown down from above. Bogda snatches one up as well as Grawlix, and just in time.

PLUNK.. PLUNK .. PLUNK PLUNK PLUNK PLUNK
The sound as if the strings of a very deep base are snapping from too much stress, one right after the other.
The ship's nose begins plummeting, but with faster and faster intensity it swings wildly and suddenly the walls of the captain's cabin and the ship's rails are both rushing towards Grawlix and Bogda.
With a quick roll for momentum, they get back on their feet and, using the rope to hold them aloft, begin sprinting away from the cabin and jumping high to get over the rail.

As they hang there, the ship continues its descent and with Carver driving like a madman. The ship crashes into the water and potentially any survivors that already fell. Carver is immediately swallowed up by the splash. Silence is all anyone hears now, and the smoke looms like a deathly shadow as if carrying the souls of the dead with it.

Grawlix and Bogda are both hoisted up onto the deck of the Tiber. All the crew of this ship appear unbothered by what just happened. Most begin getting the ship ready to return to land. The flying girl has all her attention on the one passenger. Another crew member launches off a single flare.


*  *  *


Down below, Rocky is forced to observe the wreckage fall and holding on to the ship's wobbly safety line as a great wave attempts to overtake the small boat. The small boat barely manages to rides up the steep wave as the foamy salt water splashes onto the deck and gives everyone a chilling spray.
Rocky watches two people being pulled up onto the Tiber and then a flare launches. The man with the long hair and the blue head-band announces, "Alright, they lit the signal. Lets go home!"
The toady man acknowledges with a nod and then taps on the cabin window to signal the helmswoman with a twirl of his index finger.
The boat then begins a sharp turn and heads towards the closest island and away from the wreckage of the Fair Angel.

The question remains, were there more survivors? The shore is really not too far for a decent swimmer, but it could mean life or death for someone injured.
As if to settle any doubts, a trio of red glittery fins emerge from the water as they hasten their way to the wreckage.