Rule of Cool Community Forums

Legend System Discussion => Games and Recruiting => Legend Academy => Topic started by: Greybender on October 14, 2013, 11:00:32 PM

Title: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Greybender on October 14, 2013, 11:00:32 PM
This is the day you have been waiting for, the day the portal opens up and takes you to the place where legends are being formed. Whether you are in a tavern, sleeping at home in a deathly combat situation, or falling to your death from great heights, a portal(bearing a logo of Her Serenity) opens in front of you.

Shun
It takes you to a charmingly decorated college room with a large and sturdy king size bed over which you'll see photoluminescent crystals, finely ordered into an elegant representation of the planes. On the other side of the room you find an elegant modern dark Bytopian wood armoire, seemingly handworked by Gnomes for years, only surpassed by the living tree bent table with various spices growing on its 7 corners, a finely crafted wrist band with a blinking white light in its center and a jacaranda coloured prestigious leather chair. Soft indigo light is coming in from the big window above the table and the opalescent glass door, which leads to a small, yet comfy circular balcony. The last thing you notice the green metallic and intricately fashioned door next to the bed.  As you enter the room with all your belongings the portal closes.

It takes you to a college room with two bunk beds and a large round table with a chandelier above it and four wooden chairs next to it. On it you will find four tough looking wristbands blinking with white lights. As you enter the room with all your belongings the portal closes and you see three strangers standing as confused as you are.

Opposite the door is a small window permitting barely any light through it. The dusty green curtain muddles the little light it brings into the room, through the window you can see a brick wall three feet away from you and a window with a closed curtain. 
Title: Re: Team TUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on October 14, 2013, 11:44:06 PM
Unit stumbles a bit, having been walking at the time of this very rude abduction, then freezes when he sees the others.  "Fleshbags.  Relax, don't move.  Their vision is based on movement.  Wait...that might be a different kind of fleshbag...  Oh, they all look the same to me.  Ugh, get a hold of yourself.  Just set a good example for them, it's not their fault they're so soft, and squishy...and dirty...and leaking various fluids...and breathing their filth-laden vapors out into this tiny room OH GOD WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BREATHE SO MUCH!?"  He stops, realizing he's been speaking out loud, and stares at the others.  "Hello..."
Title: Re: Team TUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on October 15, 2013, 12:00:24 AM
Wide eyed and wide mouthed- he was just about to bite into a big sandwich when he was brought here, well at least they managed to set him on this bed so he didn't just fall backwards right away. Anyways, still staring a moment with the sandwich up to his mouth he finally takes a bite, and juice slops messily onto his shirt and pants. Well, it wouldn't have happened if he was still eating at the table he was hijacked from; but can't be avoided now, this sandwich demands being eaten and NOTHING can stop that from happening!

He finally swallows, "Hello," he says with a definite pitch of uncertainty, "You will let me finish this before forcing me to fight you, won't you?" Then noticing the lizards looking guy, "or feeding me to him?"

He takes another bite out of his sandwich.
Title: Re: Team TUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on October 15, 2013, 12:06:51 AM
Uniot shudders, which for him involved some clanking.  "Ooooh it's eating, I can't look."  He quickly turns away.  "Just...don't breathe at me, and we'll be fine."
Title: Re: Team TUFF IC
Post by: EspyLacopa on October 15, 2013, 06:33:04 AM
Finbar crosses the threshold of the portal, a large keg of ale on one shoulder and a sturdy pack of miscellaneous junk held in the other hand.  After a short glance at the other three, he just shakes his head and moves to place the keg on the floor next to one of the bunks and tosses his pack of junk onto the bottom of the respective bunk, "Well, I suppose we're roommates for this place?  M'name's Finbar.  And as for you, clanky?  Us 'fleshbags' are going to be roomies with you.  You'll have to get over the fact that we need to breathe at some point."
Title: Re: Team TUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on October 15, 2013, 08:24:23 AM
"Hey, no need for names here. And, no, I'm not going to eat you. Sheesh." Taking a long look around the room, it took him only a moment to figure out what happened. "Well, they certainly have a flair for the dramatic. Couldn't even send a letter of acceptance or something before warping me off?" He walks toward the table and starts examining the wristbands.
Title: Re: Team TUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on October 15, 2013, 11:13:03 AM
Fars stands up suddenly, putting his sandwich away from his face for once. The light catches his wide eyes revealing crimson red.

"Oh, shoot! We are at Legend Academy?"
"I've been looking for this place since I got my invitation letter, but nobody knew anything about it. I was starting to think it was just a dream."

He puts his sandwich on the table and moves for the door. He opens it to look outside.
Title: Re: Team TUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on October 15, 2013, 06:07:42 PM
Unit composes himself.  "So, I assume we are a team then.  Perhaps we should introduce ourselves.  I am Unit001, optimized for mobility, defense and ranged combat."
Title: Re: Team TUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on October 15, 2013, 06:31:57 PM
"Theo, Theo Saint." A quick answer as he picked up one of the wristbands, looked over it and, shrugging, put it on his left wrist.

OOC: Just getting to the point here, hopefully if I stirred any hornet nests, it'll take a couple seconds before doing something. If not, well, YOLO.[Yes it's stupid, but why not?]
Title: Re: Team TUFF IC
Post by: EspyLacopa on October 15, 2013, 06:59:00 PM
Finbar chuckles at the half-giant's comments, "I'm still rather convinced that someone mucked up with the selections since apparently I got chosen."  He then picks up one of the wristbands, squinting at it and turning it over in his hands to inspect it, "Think this is some sort of team badge?  Something to track us maybe?"
Title: Re: Team TUFF IC
Post by: Greybender on October 15, 2013, 07:10:59 PM
Fars
Fars sees a hallway filled with closets and at the far end of it are three wooden doors, the one facing Fars directly has a stained glass window over it and a square blue sign with the letters WC on it.

As Theo and Finbar examine the wristbands, they notice a small circular button on the left side of a small flat blinking light. As Finbar fumbles with it, he manages to press the button and a glowing white disk, slowly filling up with blue light emerges in front of him, just above the light source of the wristband.

Title: Re: Team TUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on October 15, 2013, 07:38:30 PM
Fars glances up at the upper external doorframe he just opened for any signs like the 'WC' above the other door. He hesitates a moment as if split between going back inside or staying outside then proceeds to walk to the 'WC' door to look out that one.
Title: Re: Team TUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on October 15, 2013, 07:40:57 PM
"Well, that's a thing. Uh, any idea what it is?"
Title: Re: Team TUFF IC
Post by: EspyLacopa on October 15, 2013, 08:43:49 PM
Finbar hums as he looks between the glowing disk and the wristband, "Only one way to find out, really."

Saying thus, he pokes the glowing disk with the head of his hammer to see what happens.
Title: Re: Team TUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on October 15, 2013, 10:23:31 PM
Unit picks up another wristband, examining it.

Rolled 1d20+14 : 9 + 14, total 23
Engineering roll
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: turalisj on October 16, 2013, 02:30:00 AM
 Shun looked around zir new living quarters with interest. it beat the crack in the wall that Shun had been living in for the past year or so, ever since the apartment 'suddenly exploded'. It would take some getting used to, certainly. A point of light appeared in Shun's cloak, almost like an eye. The small mote of light flew out from inside the cloak and looked around, checking under the bed and in vents. Satisfied, it returned to the cloak and winked out again.

 Shun pondered where the door went, wondering if perhaps it lead to the other students. Opening the door, ze wondered if there was anything to eat.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Greybender on October 17, 2013, 04:28:14 PM
Shun
Shun is in luck, as quickly as her stomach growled, she managed to open the door to a wonderfully equipped kitchen in a minimalist fashion, combining black crystals and purple wood, complimenting nicely with the honey apples sitting on the kitchen table.

Fars
There are no markings on the other doors, though the one on the left seems to posses a looking hole. As you look through the WC door, you see a nice towel armoire and comfortable flush toilet, a mosaic wash basin, a shower and a free-standing black wood bath tub.

Unit
It seems to be a hologram projection device, sadly you can't tell more without the proper equipment. 

Finbar's hammer slightly disrupts the holographic projection, but the blue light continues filling up the circle as if it were absolutely oblivious hardheads and hammerheads. When the blue light fills the whole circle, a woman's voice can be heard from the wristband: "Good afternoon cutter, you have two chants waiting for you."

As you look at the teal red hologram, you notice a light counter slowly repositioning itself in the upper right corner, some yet senseless symbols on the left side, the logo of her Serenity on the lower left and on the top of the hologram you see a category amply named chants.

 There seem to be two chants, both possessing a rebus indicating that they have not yet been read.

Welcome cutter
Administration
First week!
Student Council
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on October 17, 2013, 07:08:45 PM
"Cutter.. cutter?  You cut people?  And let all that...*ulp*...blood out?"  He takes a step back.  "Look, um, I don't have blood, so, haha, you don't have to waste time trying to cut me.  Not that I'm afraid or anything!  I just don't want you smearing blood all over me..."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on October 17, 2013, 07:22:25 PM
"Hmm, well this is nice."

He promptly decides to take a leak and then he begins checking each door (in a counter-clockwise pattern if the first room is 6:00).
His main interest is finding the way outside.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on October 17, 2013, 07:23:37 PM
"Uh, I don't think that's what it means. Um, wonder what would happen if I did this?" He leaned over the dwarf's shoulder and touched the "Welcome cutter" chant.

Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: EspyLacopa on October 17, 2013, 08:25:58 PM
Finbar grumbles at taller reptilian Theo as he reaches over his shoulder to poke the chant, "You do realize you have your own wristband, yes?  And Unit, stop overreacting to every little thing.  Given the context of 'Welcome Cutter', 'cutter' is likely just what they call new students to this academy."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on October 17, 2013, 08:31:49 PM
"Well, if the band did something bad, I certainly don't want to be the one wearing it when it did. Besides, it was faster to check yours than mine."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on October 18, 2013, 12:29:05 AM
"But that doesn't make any sense...  And I am not overreacting!  This is just normal caution around fleshbags.  With your dust made of skin flakes and wet, squishy eyes rolling around in their sockets and fingernails that just grow and grow..."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on October 18, 2013, 12:55:10 AM
Figuring he is missing out on getting to know his new team, Fars changes his mind once again and decides to walk back into the bunk room.

"Hey robot guy, to make up for my fleshy bits I'll give you a hand if you need any maintenance because of us.  Some of my own cybernetics needs cleaning once in awhile and it can get pretty gross at times."
"Oh yeah, I almost forgot. My name is Lory. I know, it sounds kind of girly, but its cool. All my friends call me Fars though and I found a really sweet bathroom back there!"
He then notices the blue light emanating from the bracelet, "Ooh, what's that blue light thing?"
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on October 19, 2013, 02:20:51 AM
Unit looks like he'd very much like to vomit at the idea of a cyborg, but not having a stomach means that's impossible.  "Yes...um, thank you...  Shouldn't someone from the school be here by now?  Do they just snatch people up and let us figure out why by ourselves?"
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Greybender on October 19, 2013, 04:28:38 AM
As Theo presses the 'Welcome cutter' the following message appears:

Welcome cutter,

to the prestigious Legend academy. The device you are holding is named the Omicron and is one of the most important tools you will encounter in the tie you are attending Legend academy. It doesn't just serve as a communication device, but also holds your necessary learning materials, up to date announcements, your weekly schedule, but also comes equipped with a special Student edition of The Cutter's Guide to the Planes. With it, you can gain access to your personally tailored dorm, but also other facilities, such as the Sauna, Gym and Bomb range. As by Her Serenities choosing, you have been added to a group of specially selected team mates, with whom you will be living, learning and surviving on your path to become a Legend. The team leader will be selected by a special task, selected by your tutor. In case of an untimely death, during your stay at Legend Academy,  the administration has been provided with enough funds, to guarantee you 5 free resurrections. There are no classes in the first week, so please take this as an opportunity to explore and familiarize yourself with this educational institution.
Welcome to the cage cutter.

Believe well,

Administration


The things that have been mentioned in the message had various symbols representing them, you can now make out a few of the functions of the symbols on the left.   
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: EspyLacopa on October 19, 2013, 08:21:40 AM
"Well that answers that question.  Wonder if this thing has a map in it. . ."  As he trails off, Finbar straps the wristband to his wrist properly and starts poking at the various symbols, both known and unknown, searching the holographic menus for a campus map.  "Unit, didn't you get one of those invitation things for this place?  I did, and I was in jail at the time.  Granted, I thought it was a joke at the time, but hey, learn new things every day."

Rolled 1d20+11 : 7 + 11, total 18
{Rollin' History knowledge for these Legends mentioned by the device.}
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on October 19, 2013, 12:04:51 PM
Fars walks around the table and, with one raised eyebrow and a look like someone just told him to eat his vegetables, he picks up the bracelet beside his sandwich.
"What, we have to wear this? The last piece of jewelry I had I lost somewhere."

He turns the bracelet around to press its button and then selects "First Week" with a finger from the chants menu. Then instead of putting it on, he sets it back on the table and begins finishing his sandwich as the message plays through.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on October 20, 2013, 01:20:37 AM
Unit almost places the band on his right arm, but stops.  "Right, right, other arm..."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on October 20, 2013, 01:39:38 AM
Looking up at unit, Fars asks, "What's wrong with that arm?"
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on October 20, 2013, 12:05:24 PM
"Well, I'm going to unpack my stuff. Does anyone have any complaints if I take that bed?" He pointed towards the bottom bunk furthest from the window(Random if that is not applicable.).
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on October 20, 2013, 12:55:51 PM
"Wowsn wadder wu we" Fars said with a mouth full of sandwich.
He gulps down his bite and adds, "I guess I'll just take this bottom bunk behind me then since I already got bread crumbs on it. Unless someone else wants it, I don't mind cleaning it up."

Then, stopping, he studies Unit a moment.
Spoiler
Engineering check just to see if I can pick up anything
(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+11 : 17 + 11, total 28
I promise I actually rolled a 28, not that it matter here though.

"So guys, here's the scoop. We have a really cool robot here, a freakin dragon, one tough looking short guy, and a...." His last words drop off as he looks for Shun, "And that other guy, wherever he went. So, I'm sorry, I'm really curious about all of you. Can we introduce ourselves and maybe even hear where you all come from? Also, if we are a team, maybe we should share some of our abilities and talents; I mean, you heard it, it said we could die here and I'd rather avoid that at all even if they can bring us back to life.
So, anyone?"
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on October 20, 2013, 01:51:33 PM
"Half-Dragon, dad's human." He started pulling things out of his bags; books, various pieces of jewelry and other assorted knickknacks and set about setting them up on and around his called bunk. "Scales like iron, claws sharp enough to slice through just about anything, heightened sense of hearing and a few other special tricks, you know normal dragon things."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on October 20, 2013, 03:12:26 PM
Looking up at unit, Fars asks, "What's wrong with that arm?"

"Huh?  Nothing, it just wouldn't be a good idea to put it there. It's full of gun."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: EspyLacopa on October 20, 2013, 05:59:40 PM
Finbar continues to peruse the holographic menus, "I'm a dwarf, and I suppose my only special talent is that I'm good at hitting things with my hammer.  Also I can heal myself and others with the power of booze."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on October 20, 2013, 06:48:50 PM
Fars stops everything to stare at Finbar with astonishment.
"Do they even allow booze here?" He laughs, "Wow, these next few years are going to be crazy."

Fars gets up, his bracelet completely forgotten and begins heading towards the other door. "We should find that other guy and then check this place out. I'm dying to get a little fresh air."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on October 20, 2013, 07:38:32 PM
"Let me, I can find him without even leaving the room." Stopping in his unpacking for a moment, Theo placed his hand on the ground next to him.

OOC: Time to map out the whole area. Or, at least 30 feet of it. Let me know if I'm over estimating that number.
Spoiler
Tremorsense mapping
Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Greybender on October 22, 2013, 01:23:10 PM
Theo senses nothing on his right, suggesting he is at the far corner of the building. On his left there seems to be a room loaded with heavy objects holding smaller objects, a table and some chair. A person seems to be standing in the room and appears biting on something. Behind him, Theo can sense some kind of large pathway and in front of him seems to be some open space, which is then followed by some thick walls and a small window.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on October 22, 2013, 04:04:56 PM
He points to his left. "That way, and they seem to have food, so either they're in a kitchen, or they brought it with them like Lory. Anyway, now where should this go?" He goes back to his unpacking.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on October 22, 2013, 07:30:34 PM
Fars grins and laughs, "You can tell that he is eating? That's pretty neat; but aren't you going to come too? What about you, Unit; or Sir Booze?"
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: EspyLacopa on October 23, 2013, 07:28:57 AM
Finbar looks up from his fiddling of the wristband menu, "Well, I suppose we should see if this kitchen is already stocked."

Turning off the holograms, he walks over and opens up the door that Theo pointed out to his left.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: turalisj on October 23, 2013, 10:01:03 AM
 Shun, meanwhile, had managed to take an apple by way of rope-dagger. Zi was happily munching on the fruit, while still looking around the kitchen.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on October 23, 2013, 08:43:28 PM
"You're all going to be eating too?"
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on October 23, 2013, 09:19:40 PM
Fars attempts to reply reasuringly, "I just ate, what i really want is a bit of exercise and i was hoping we could all explore this place a bit. Maybe we can find some other students here, maybe even other new guys like us. If nobody wants to come with me, that's fine too."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on October 23, 2013, 09:36:33 PM
"Hmm, well, I guess I could set up later. Checking out the rest of our quarters would probably be smart. And if it makes you queasy, Unit, you can stay here. Just don't mess with my stuff, or you will end up in pieces."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on October 23, 2013, 09:41:24 PM
"Well, unless you are all hungry, I thought getting outside would be best. We can explore our spaces here after it gets dark. I'm just going to see if the other guy wants to come and then I'm heading out."
Fars begins heading in the direction of Shun, until he finds the kitchen and Shun hopefully.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on October 24, 2013, 03:28:15 AM
"Hmm, well, I guess I could set up later. Checking out the rest of our quarters would probably be smart. And if it makes you queasy, Unit, you can stay here. Just don't mess with my stuff, or you will end up in pieces."

"Um, no need for threats...  I think a little exploring might be a good idea, we should get a feel for where classes are at least."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on October 24, 2013, 09:30:26 AM
"Not a threat, just simple statement of fact. Dragon hoards are serious business. Actually, now that you mention it, what classes are you guys taking?"
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on October 27, 2013, 05:29:58 PM
"I'm taking Racial Pride, Advanced Racial Pride, Vigilante, Heavy Weapons, and I'm trying out for the football team."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Greybender on October 28, 2013, 02:54:28 PM
After Fars opens the door to the kitchen, he sees a wonderfully equipped kitchen in a minimalist fashion, combining black crystals and purple wood, complimenting nicely with the honey apples sitting on the kitchen table. Next to the honey apples you see a cloaked figure, munching an apple. 
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on October 28, 2013, 08:40:41 PM
"Oh, he was right."
Fars strides into the room. "Wow, those look delicious." He takes an apple himself to munch on and then speaks to Shun, "Hi, I'm Lory but you can call me Fars. Who are you?"
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on October 28, 2013, 09:57:54 PM
"Of course I was right. I wouldn't of mentioned it if I wasn't sure." Theo just kind of appeared next to Fars. "I'm Theo."

OOC: Flash Step demonstration anyone?
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on October 29, 2013, 07:32:15 PM
"And I guess I lied, I just couldn't resist these apples!"
Fars tosses one to Theo, "I can't wait to see everything you all can do. This is like the first day with Cyber Sect X. Except, then I was also learning what i could do too. Can you breathe fire, Theo?"
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on October 29, 2013, 08:27:37 PM
"Oh God they're eating now..."  Unit looks away, shuddering.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on October 29, 2013, 08:31:28 PM
"Notice the scales? Note how they're green, not red. Yeah, now, I can make you feel like your lungs are on fire, but actual combustion is out of the question." He catches the apple off-hand while making that statement, and just twirls it in his hands.(You ever see those Fushigi commercials? You know, the little ball? Yeah, like that.)
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on October 29, 2013, 09:17:14 PM
Fars laughs, "Ah, I see. Actually, watch this." Fars snaps his fingers and a small fireball plumes into the air for a brief second.
"I can set things on fire just as easily."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on October 31, 2013, 05:09:18 AM
"No offense, but isn't fire a little...common?"
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on October 31, 2013, 03:01:44 PM
Fars grins and reaches up to scratch the back if his head, he laughs, "yeah, I guess you're right; it's still a lot of fun though!"
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on October 31, 2013, 04:53:09 PM
"Wait...is this fire thing common among fleshbags?  Please tell me it's not.  It's bad enough with all the breathing, and chewing and...blinking, but if I have to look out for burning too..."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on October 31, 2013, 07:17:23 PM
"Uhh...  :-\. ... I'm not really sure. I've always enjoyed making fire. I'm not sure how common that is."

"Well," Fars begins, looking at Shun, "I guess this guy doesn't want to introduce himself, you guys want to go out and check out the sights?"
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on November 05, 2013, 12:02:30 PM
While waiting for a response, Fars uses his own tremorsense (45ft) to map the area and hopefully find a way to the outside.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: turalisj on November 05, 2013, 02:11:17 PM
 Shun turned and looked at the others, a bit alarmed at being noticed. A mote of light flew out of Shun's cloak, forming an "!" over zir head. Ze walked over to Fars, handing him a note. "I am Shun, assassin and bounty hunter. I come from a city called Sharn, in one of the lowest sectors. I do not speak and do not remove my cloak, so ask neither."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on November 05, 2013, 11:55:52 PM
"Oh don't worry, you can stay as covered as you want.  In fact, if you all want to wear concealing cloaks all the time, I fully support the idea. Might contain the dust..."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on November 06, 2013, 03:36:32 AM
"Oh, you can't talk... That explains it." He mutters that last bit. "So cool, you want to hang out? I'm trying to find the way out." He looks over at Theo, "Any ideas?"
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on November 06, 2013, 10:29:51 AM
"Well, there was a great big pile of nothing in the other direction, so, everything must be further this way."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on November 06, 2013, 01:01:30 PM
Fars lets out a chuckle, "I wonder if we have this much trouble getting through one building, I wonder how we will really handle what the academy offers."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on November 07, 2013, 01:59:05 AM
"They haven't told us to stay here, I think some exploring would be a good idea."  Unit heads for the door.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on November 07, 2013, 02:06:03 AM
Fars follows suit. "So where you from Unit?" he asked as he walked. "Or did you already say? I'm imagining a bunch of machines and towering structures. You look like you're used to big cities."

Fars keeps an eye for a door that might lead outside.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Greybender on November 07, 2013, 07:24:15 AM
Fars can sense that there is a large hallway beyond the as of yet unopened door, some larger creature seems to be moving through the hallway at a slow pace, until it moves beyond the range of his tremorsense.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on November 07, 2013, 02:11:10 PM
"Hey guys, something is over here.  Might take us outside."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on November 07, 2013, 02:23:28 PM
Theo walks over to said door and opens it, pocketing the apple. "This way you mean?"
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on November 07, 2013, 09:26:06 PM
"...not exactly.  Back home there was a war that lasted a little over a century.  My people were created to fight that war, so we could die in the place of humans.  The war ended when an entire nation was destroyed in a magical cataclysm.  The warforged settled in the wasteland that was left behind.  That is where I was born."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on November 08, 2013, 02:00:51 AM
Fars follows Theo through the door while continuing his conversation with Unit.

"So there is not 'any' life there? Haha, no wonder you are so gitty about us. I get gitty too, when I can't feel the sun. So, please let there be light!"
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on November 08, 2013, 03:47:08 AM
"There is life.  It's just all trying to kill you."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Greybender on November 10, 2013, 06:55:13 PM
Coming to a large and undecorated hallway, Acidic fumes take you by surprise, the urges to cough and cry(if thou hast such biological reactions) awaken deep within you. Through teary eyes you can see blue fumes rising from the migmatic gneiss making a trail of polished stone towards the enormous plum colored woolly bear like creature, occasional blue sparks can be seen rising from its hairs.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on November 10, 2013, 06:58:43 PM
Theo closes the door quietly and quickly, trying not to attract the things attention. "Well, looks like we got a little pest control problem. Can't believe I didn't notice that earlier."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on November 10, 2013, 09:24:13 PM
Fars whispers, "I was aware, but I figured it was another student. I'm still not confident it isn't. Or maybe its an escaped lab experiment.  I think we should try to avoid killing it and just knock it out... if it turns out to be hostile. I'd hate to be in the bad graces of some science teacher."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on November 11, 2013, 03:45:09 AM
"What are you guys... OH GOD!"  Unit's arm seems to burst apart, reforming into a large multi-barrel firearm.  "It's getting biological residue everywhere, we need to kill it before it gets worse!"
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on November 11, 2013, 12:04:15 PM
Fars' expression shifts to shock at Unit's sudden outburst.
"What? Cool down Unit, I think if we splatter it all over our walls won't make things any better for you."

Fars puts on a daring grin,
"On the other hand, this could be an awesome chance to see what we're capable of."

He kicks open the door, and runs in.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Greybender on November 12, 2013, 06:37:36 PM
As Fars runs out, the acid fumes strike him hard, he has to concentrate hard not to see double. The creature seems to be missing, an empty cocoon on the hallway wall is all Fars can see and it appears to only be dead biomaterial.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on November 12, 2013, 07:05:16 PM
"Jeez, *ACK* a little warning before you do something*Cfuh* stupid *Hmf* would be nice." He looks over towards the cocoon. "Uh, that don't look good.*eeze* Where'd it go?" He kneels again, placing a hand on the ground, trying to find the beast.

OOC: Another Tremorsense please.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Greybender on November 16, 2013, 12:36:41 PM
As Theo spades the dirt for answers he assays a singing on his right, a beautiful voice enchanting the very air it vibrates through, but his search for the creature goes astray as the only trace that remains seems to be the one leading to the oddly empty cocoon.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on November 16, 2013, 07:53:13 PM
"Singing *Ack* That's it." Theo ripped off two strips of cloth from his shirt, tying one around his face as a crude breathing mask and handing the other to Fars.

OOC: I'm assuming Unit has some immunity to this crap.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on November 16, 2013, 08:34:14 PM
Fars looks at him, goes to take it but queries Theo for the reason, "What's this for? And, do you think I should begin burning down that... thing?"

Greybender FYI:
Spoiler
-2 to my ac until I have Fars remember to activate his thermal endoskeleton. (Just fluff really, its his natural armor)

Making an untrained Knowledge nature check to maybe identify the cocoon thing:
(http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+3 : 1 + 3, total 4

This was quoted from the dice thread if you want to check the legitimacy of the roll- not that you should need to.  Lowsy roll, lol.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on November 16, 2013, 08:46:08 PM
OOC: Um, acidic air? You know, eyes tearing up, hacking gagging?
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on November 17, 2013, 03:49:38 AM
"Wait, if we burn it we might set the building on fire.  Ventilate the area before this stuff starts getting into dorm rooms."  Unit looks around for a window.

Spoiler
You assume correctly, meat-person
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on November 17, 2013, 11:38:18 PM
*twitch* "NO, I don't want you to burn anything you pyromaniac. Put it on so your lungs don't turn inside out."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on November 18, 2013, 04:38:26 AM
Fars let's out a choked cough that causes snot to shoot out his nose, "Ah, Geeze" he says as he ties around the strip of cloth, he lets out another chocked cough, "I didn't ... even ... notice!" He said inside several short breaths.

He flexes his body in a single quick motion that causes a dark metallic suit to sprout from somewhere in his flesh and snap closed around his body; and it happens too quick to see from where. He now looks more akin to Unit than a human.

"This ... Should help ..." He takes a deep breath behind his metal visor, "a bit."

He looks at Unit, ""Ha, *COUGH COUGH...ETC...ETC..." After a long period of coughing and hacking, he finally gets another word out, "Geeze! Yeah, I can control my flame ...a little better than that." He lets out a sigh, "I'm really starting... to see your dislike towards... Fleshy things."

OoC
Spoiler
Is this actually affecting our character abilities at all, Grey?
Also, natural armor activated!  8)
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on November 19, 2013, 12:56:02 PM
"Wait you're a robot too? Huh?" *Shakes head* "Whatever, something's making a lot of noise to the right. Let's go down the hall and find a door leading that way. Also, keep a lid on the fire a little longer, don't know enough about this gas. Don't want to risk any... explosive reactions."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on November 19, 2013, 10:12:23 PM
*Cough *Cough!!!
"Haha, that would be... Kind of neat to see; but, haha, don't worry, I'm not crazy like that. Also, robot implies that I operate on an artificial processor which I don't, so I respectfully reserve that term for Unit over here."
Fars' body jerks as he lets out another big sneeze. "Yeah, and lets get some windows open or something."

Fars' walks to the nearest window (if there is one) or another door to open it.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Greybender on November 24, 2013, 03:57:30 AM
The window right next to the team at the end of the hall doesn't seem like it can be opened, though it can be shattered, which the lining of the glass seems to suggest, has been done many times before. The singing can be attributed to the room, to which leads the door on the far end of the cocoon. 

OOC:
Spoiler
The acidic mist isn't affecting you in game terms, at least not yet.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on November 24, 2013, 01:52:37 PM
Fars doesn't waste time, he shatters a window and then proceeds to join Theo and Unit (I'm assuming he is still here).
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on November 25, 2013, 01:18:14 AM
"If anyone can do wind...stuff, we should try to get this stuff outside.  then we can figure out what this is and what left it here."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on November 25, 2013, 01:45:59 AM
"Um... no, no, I don't do wind. Unless you have rats, but I think that would just make things worse. We could out the window and try to burn it out... but we're supposed to sleep here... and destruction of school property probably won't win us any fans... What is out that window anyway?" He takes a quick peek out it.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Castodas on November 25, 2013, 02:32:35 AM
Fars sneezes, "Well, if you ask me, if they cared so much about their property, they wouldn't be letting creatures infest inside them; and anyways, sleeping outdoors is a nice way to go!"

OOC:
Spoiler
Grey, what wall is the cocoon on? Is it an external wall? Speaking of which, what is the wall and the rest of the room made out of?
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Greybender on December 05, 2013, 06:51:58 PM
The smoke is oozing out of the broken window, slowly letting the group breathe again. The cocoon hasn't moved and is still attached to the brick wall inside the hall, located a bit nearer to the group than the door leading to the singing voice.

OOC:
Spoiler
I can draw you guys a map, if you want to see it more clearly.
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on December 07, 2013, 04:10:24 AM
"Okay, the Mysterious Fleshy Object doesn't seem to be hostile, we need to investigate this logically and intelligently.  Someone poke it with a stick."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on December 07, 2013, 04:18:17 AM
"You do it. As a robot, we can put you back together again if it rips you apart."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on December 08, 2013, 04:57:28 AM
Unit, despite his immovable features, emotes shock.  "That...do you have any idea how racist that was!? You do it, there's a billion more where you came from!"
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on December 08, 2013, 12:55:32 PM
"Hey, it was your idea. I was just pointing out that you're the best guy for the job."

Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on December 09, 2013, 05:31:28 AM
"What?  I...um, I can't do it because...I don't have a stick!"
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Lockon Stratos on December 12, 2013, 06:50:42 AM
"Well? Do I look like I have one? Just use your finger."
Title: Re: Team STUFF IC
Post by: Unit001 on December 12, 2013, 11:52:04 PM
"Fine but if this thing does something gross, I blame you."  Edging forward, Unit carefully pokes it.