Author Topic: Legends of Steel-Recruitment Thread  (Read 48724 times)

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Legends of Steel-Recruitment Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 11:35:16 AM »
So I think I have my pilot mostly figured out though I don't want to build it or the mech all the way yet until I know if tracks can be set in any order or not.

So for my pilot I will go with Esoteric Radica, Demoman, and Combat Alchemist. A near mirror image of his fine mech's capabilities. Though stop me now if I am going against the rules with Esoteric Radica. I'm still very unsure of those tracks but considering my character is mainly a rogue and Esoteric Radica was neither multied in or sold out I believe I am well with the rules parameters on this.

So story time:

Elam Marcum the 2nd grew up homeless in the crowded suburb streets of Jean Pierre a Capitol city and head of one of the largest military districts of his country. His father, Elam Marcum the first, was an extraordinary pilot and one of the very best at his time but who had died deep in space in a conflict that Elam Marcum the 2nd would never know about. It is unknown if his mother, Elaine Ellen Marcum, still lives or not as she left her husband the day after he left for his mission- without her husband ever knowing- and entrusted her son to a family friend, Mary and Jonathon Isabell.

Elam Marcum fled at the news of his father's likely demise at nine years of age and swore he would find out who had killed him and avenge his father. All he needed was a mech and that is what brought him to the Grand City of Jean Pierre. Where he spent his life biding his time, learning as many skills as he could steal, and eventually hijacking a mech that was fresh off the line and still- even to this day- unregistered. He was 26 years old when he finally made his grand escape from Jean Pierre in search of a destiny that would cross with his father's.

(Just to rest assure, while discovering his father could be a plot twist I don't expect that to ever happen)

Elam Marcum the Second- or Ethan as he calls himself these days- has a very happy-go-lucky personality on the surface but deep down he is constantly strategizing and gravely calculating his next move.

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 12:18:19 PM »
Rules-wise, you'd be a Rogue who multiclassed away his Defensive Track to get Combat Alchemist instead. That makes Combat Alchemist your Slow Track, and it also means you can choose any stat as KDM (because Rogue does not have a set KDM and you have no Defensive Track to set it). You're well within the rules of the core book. You will have to choose High BAB or 2 extra skills, as a Rogue, and whether you want a good Fort or Will save.
"MY BLADE THIRSTS FOR MORE LEGEND." - Valixes

My homebrew.

Lockon Stratos

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 12:47:00 PM »
Okay, good effort Castodas, but, one question. How does your character get into DERP?(Yes, keeping that name. It's just too much fun to lose.) As this is probably going to be about space exploration as much as it is about mecha, I kind of need to know how you're on the ship, with unregistered military tech.
"If you prick us, do we not bleed?"
"No, I prick you, you explode."

munchlord

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 12:51:09 PM »
Jake Blackclaw (having taken a name along ancient orc tribal traditions rather than the family name of the parents who sold their son to terrorists for drugs) is a ranger with FBI into 10 ninjas. His mech Will be something with the rage track (overdrive)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 12:55:14 PM »
My mech is shaman spells/incantation/reign of arrows/ construct
Its basic role is to fire huge lasers

my pilot is a ranger, multiclassing out of its offensive track and into tactician spells.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

munchlord

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 12:59:34 PM »
My mech is shaman spells/incantation/reign of arrows/ construct
Its basic role is to fire huge lasers

my pilot is a ranger, multiclassing out of its offensive track and into tactician spells.
I May multi out of proffesional soldier if I can find something else good then.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 02:00:32 PM »
I'll also state that my mech would appreciate a heroica partner, if anyone feels like doing that.

munchlord

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 02:16:53 PM »
I'll also state that my mech would appreciate a heroica partner, if anyone feels like doing that.
I'm game if we can work out a background justification for jake holding that level of trust and teamwork with your character

turalisj

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 02:20:53 PM »
 I'm thinking an elf ranger with his mech having a good deal of AoE effects.....

HeavyArms was always my favorite Gundam >.>

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 02:32:28 PM »
I'm game if we can work out a background justification for jake holding that level of trust and teamwork with your character
Sounds good. Try to keep your move actions fairly free with your other track choices, as the crit range boost is what I'm interested in.
My pilot has a military background, maybe we could use that

munchlord

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 02:52:16 PM »
Sounds good. Try to keep your move actions fairly free with your other track choices, as the crit range boost is what I'm interested in.
My pilot has a military background, maybe we could use that
How about this: Jake and your pilot crossed blades in battle several times in the past, making Jake grow to respect his skill. When it was time to turn his coat, he came to your dude to tell his intentions, making yours his liason of sorts. After ended coat turning, yours and mine became brothers in arms

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 03:06:19 PM »
alright, sounds good.

munchlord

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 04:09:39 PM »
I just got the amusing idea to try to run a female version of this character personality chassis, what with it beibg one of my stables and me wanting to switch things up a little

Edit: Also, mystify, I'm looking forward to see how much freindly rivalr/competitiveness our characters Will have going when not in a serious business situation. Also, are we allowed to utilize a regular class and not the sentient construct class as the basis of our mechs for different hp/level, skull point and KAM values? In other words, I want mine to be barbarian, race-tracking in sentient construct, multi-ing in battle tempering, and FBI ing in heroica
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 04:22:02 PM by munchlord »

Lockon Stratos

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 04:43:27 PM »
I guess that would be alright, I mean, I did say I wanted them to be characters in their own right, so go ahead.
"If you prick us, do we not bleed?"
"No, I prick you, you explode."

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2013, 05:46:38 PM »
Okay, good effort Castodas, but, one question. How does your character get into DERP?(Yes, keeping that name. It's just too much fun to lose.) As this is probably going to be about space exploration as much as it is about mecha, I kind of need to know how you're on the ship, with unregistered military tech.

Blackmail? Forgery maybe?
Well does he have to be an official member? What about under a mercenary gig at a very low price? Because deep space is the only thing he cares about right now as this mission happens to be focuses in the same sector as his father's (which is nowhere in particular, just a really big reason for him to need to be in this squad)
Or maybe some confusion with him being the son and with the same name of a certain other ex-member of this military branch.
Just had another possible alternative if you don't like any of the others: He sold the one he stole for a pretty sum of cash on the black market to buy one through legal methods. Probably the most likely approach. I personally like blackmail or maybe having really good underground connections (I will be giving my character charisma for his KDM).

Do you mind giving more details about the organization and DERP Squad and what our mission is going to be?
**And possible meaning for derp: Deployed Exploration Reconnaissance Patrol.**

Oh, question. Abilities. How are we setting our abilities? Which method?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 06:09:07 PM by Castodas »