Author Topic: Advice on Building a Samurai  (Read 7005 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Advice on Building a Samurai
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2013, 08:46:18 PM »
The only rules that covers KAM changing tracks that are multi out are under Class chassis. As that is the only rule governing such a situation, that's the one I have been adhering to. I am just going off the RAW here guys.
Thats now RAW. "In situation Y, do X" does not mean "always do X". It may be a hole in RAW that needs fixing, but you can't claim that the rules say something because you are applying a rule from a different situation.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

H1ghdra

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 08:56:54 PM »
The racial rules say that the racial class statistics overide the class statistics of the normal class.

"Racial tracks possess “racial class” statistics (such as base attack bonus and save bonus pro-gressions) that override the class statistics of a normal class. This includes a new Key Offensive Modifier and Key Defensive Modifier" - page 127

The rules on page 77 are how you determine a rogue's class statistics, and hence are overriden. That is literally what that entire section is discussing.

It also says that it applies before any tracks modify those statistics.
"This includes a new Key Offensive Modifier and Key Defensive Modifier, which are applied before any tracks (such as Demo Man) modify those statistics. " -page 127

However, if you do not have a track that modifies it, then they remain unaltered. The act of picking the track determines the modifiers for a rogue, but it is possessing the track that determines it otherwise. The RAW hole is whether having a rogue track without the chassis determines your KOM or KDM at all, not whether it sticks around when you multiclass it away.
Its RAW. It may not be the clearest thing in the world, but it does say it when you take into account the scope of each part of the rules and the order in which they take precedence.

Bravo. Finally something I can completely agree on that allows me to rescind my claim. If we consider any class chassis rule that governs KAM as a statistic, which I do, then this ruling makes perfect sense. Albeit very hidden away, thanks Mystify.

And Mystify, my reasoning for "always do X" is because it was the only clear rule that addressed the situation.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:59:48 PM by H1ghdra »

H1ghdra

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2013, 09:35:30 PM »
With the information provided, my updated suggested build is FBI Demon Chassis: Demon track, Esoterica Radica, multi - path of Destruction, FBI - Smiting. KOM CHA, KDM CON.