Author Topic: What levels see the most play?  (Read 3100 times)

Metool

• Rogue
  • Elite
  • You ever lose hope?
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What levels see the most play?
« on: August 06, 2013, 02:32:34 PM »
Since I'm curious and the other discussion is getting on my nerves, I'd like to ask, which levels most commonly see play in your presence?

Most of the games I run begin at levels 5-8, high enough for many builds to be online, but not pushing mega-level territory. That and there are no normal humans. Or humanoids at all.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 03:17:54 PM by Metool »
"Honestly, I don't know if this non-core option is 1.0-ready"

No, it isn't. It may be updated at some point but it isn't 1.0-ready, which is why it isn't in 1.0. Anything that isn't in the 1.0 core rulebook should be treated as not being 1.0 compliant and used with caution if at all.

Altaria87

• Mook
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What levels see the most play?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 03:15:45 PM »
Our group has done two Campaigns in Legend, both have started at level 1, the first went up to level 12 and the current one I believe also aims to go into the high levels.

As for Humanoid:Non-humanoid ratio, it's been fairly equal all the way through, with glight imbalances when PCs die and new ones come in, at the start of the first Campaign we had a Werewolf, a Dragon, a Unicorn and two normal humans; by the end we had two humans, an Elf, a Werewolf, a Fairy and a Minotaur; at the start of this next camapign we have two humans, a Catfolk, a Skeleton, a Construct and a Pegasus.

Greybender

• Elite
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 03:41:25 PM »
Most PBPs I've been in played on level 3-4, but my IRL campaign went from level 4 to level 6 in 3 sessions, the pace is now slowing down, so the PCs will be leveling up to 7 in about 3 sessions I suppose.
The game would implode into rocket tag in a twisted mockery of all that is wrong with 3.5, angels would weep and the skies would fall, and it would all be your fault. Yours and yours alone.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 03:53:51 PM »
I've done a variety, most of it is probably in the 5-10 range, but I prefer the 15-20 range
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Psyga315

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 04:43:19 PM »
I've only done one game so far (solo) but I start out at Level 2, with important NPCs being at Level 5. The reason being that the PCs get all their tracks ready while the NPCs have all their second circles unlocked.

Draz

• Paladin
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 06:05:58 PM »
at the start of the first Campaign we had a Werewolf, a Dragon, a Unicorn and two normal humans; by the end we had two humans, an Elf, a Werewolf, a Fairy and a Minotaur;

Hmmm, I think I lost track of that Campaign Journal before it concluded.  It was rather entertaining.  Did it ever get completed?

Altaria87

• Mook
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 06:17:13 PM »
at the start of the first Campaign we had a Werewolf, a Dragon, a Unicorn and two normal humans; by the end we had two humans, an Elf, a Werewolf, a Fairy and a Minotaur;

Hmmm, I think I lost track of that Campaign Journal before it concluded.  It was rather entertaining.  Did it ever get completed?

I'm afraid it got eaten by exams and by the time I had free time again, the journal was so massively behind I couldn't summon the will to update it all the way (never mind the issues with remembering what had happened)

jared71

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Spell Casting Guide
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 12:07:33 AM »
Most all games I play we start at the beginning and level up.   I prefer the mid-range to upper range of most games but rarely get there.