Author Topic: Legend System: The Drinking Game  (Read 2987 times)

Sunflower

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Legend System: The Drinking Game
« on: August 12, 2013, 07:51:29 AM »
Hello, everyone!

I've played a few sessions in Legend System, and not only found it quite enjoyable, but also noticed a few patterns. And where are patterns, there's an excuse to swallow up hectolitres of blackcurrant, known at a site you people sure never heard of as Drinking Game.

The premise of this thread is simple: if you find something to happen interestingly often when roleplaying with Legend System, we add a rule to drink shot whenever this occurs. If the previously linked article didn't explain it clear enough, hopefully the examples below will.
Note that those entries don't have to be entirely about character creation/development; those are just the first ones which came to my mind. ^^" If post edition magicks will let me, I'll progressively add new entries here whenever I notice some interesting entry.

Character Creation/Development:

- Take a shot whenever a character (player or not) turns out to have Shaman class
  • Take two when they have neither Incantation nor Shaman Spellcasting tracks
- Take a shot whenever a "paladin" has the Judgment track, but no other Paladin track (same goes for "rogue" and Esoterica Radica)
  • Take another if this was achieved without Guild Initiation
  • Take another if the character uses Full Buy-In
- Take one whenever a character (player or not) turns out to have By Will Sustained feat

(I'm not sure if this thread would rather belong here or General Legend Discussion, but found this place to be "safer" ^^")
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 06:11:38 PM by Sunflower »

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Prayer Wing Scroll of Scribes Problem Solver RoC Staff Art Aficionado Eye of Seeing Aquarius Dev Team
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Legend System: The Drinking Game
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 09:59:10 PM »
I'm bizarrely amused...

St. Salieri

• Minion
  • Typo Hammer Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 10:59:47 PM »
Character Creation
Take a shot whenever a "paladin" has the Judgment track, but no other Paladin track.
  • Take another if this was achieved without Guild Initiation.
  • Take another if the character uses Full Buy-In.

Edit to add: Also, as above, substituting "rogue" and "Esoterica Radica" for "paladin" and "Judgment."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:28:36 AM by St. Salieri »

Sunflower

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 06:15:58 PM »
@St. Salieri: guilty as charged, all three shots at once, in the rogue's case (more specifically, a vampiric necromancer runesong scholar rogue; and she even has it all explained in backstory!). ;)

St. Salieri

• Minion
  • Typo Hammer Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 10:38:00 PM »
I'm glad it's not just me; I don't feel quite as guilty now!  ;D

Thought of another (also in Character Creation):
Take a shot whenever a character uses Full Buy-In to get its class's slow track in a medium progression (e.g., a Barbarian who multiclasses out of Path of Destruction, then takes Path of Destruction in the FBI slot).

Mura

• Rogue
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 11:24:35 PM »
Take a shot whenever a character has more than one Elemental track (cough cough Mystify cough).

Take a shot whenever a character blows all of their Legendary abilities on AoE enlargers (or is that just me?).

Take a shot whenever someone has any combination of Necromancer, Elementalist, and/or Just Blade.

Metool

• Rogue
  • Elite
  • You ever lose hope?
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 12:36:27 AM »
Necromancer/Elementalist is actually a solid combo, with the right selection.
"Honestly, I don't know if this non-core option is 1.0-ready"

No, it isn't. It may be updated at some point but it isn't 1.0-ready, which is why it isn't in 1.0. Anything that isn't in the 1.0 core rulebook should be treated as not being 1.0 compliant and used with caution if at all.