Poll

Did you want Captain Carver to die?

I really hope he is dead. Crazy loon.
It looks to me like he got what he wanted. May god have mercy on his soul.
Sure. Maybe he swore a lot, but he really had passion for what he did. So, dead or alive, I respect that.
He gave me a parachute. So, there's that.
I hope he comes back crazier than before.

Author Topic: The Great Toilet Bowl of 2525.  (Read 38096 times)

jared71

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Spell Casting Guide
    • Awards
Re: The Great Toilet Bowl of 2525.
« Reply #255 on: October 17, 2013, 12:55:51 AM »
A few ideas are: 

I would drop out of initiative/round order. 
Then give all characters a chance to act or state their intentions. (or just give a narrative writeup).   

Example: My intention is to rescue people off the ship and get them on the other ship.   Maybe that would take a skill roll or something like that to get them on the other ship before time runs out or something.  Or you can narrative fluff and say our heroes got all but a couple of travelers safely off the ship before it tumbles down, etc.

Some game masters just narrative to pull everyone back together without really even giving them a chance for actions.  Such as the floating ship comes down and picks up the character in the ocean and everyone gets aboard the new floating ship....  Then we can introduce ourselves ....

PS.  I love your descriptions of the actions, they are very interesting.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: October 17, 2013, 01:26:41 AM »
Yes, I know you like my descriptions, I really hope that never changes; but I need to focus on these other pieces of advise.

I guess I can just narrate, I'm a little concerned I'll be rushing the plot too much and taking away your time to shine. It is very important to me that you all do what you want to do, and I look forward to it.

I really appreciate the advice, Jared. I'm all ears- or eyes- if anyone else has something you want to add.

So, after Qazarar takes his turn, I will wrap up this little scene. Do you think that will be acceptable?

sakuuya

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: October 17, 2013, 12:21:07 PM »
I think wrapping up this scene sounds like a good plan.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: October 17, 2013, 03:39:44 PM »
Alright, I'm going to go ahead and wrap it up tonight. If Qazarar doesn't post anything by then I'll just have to drag his character along.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: October 17, 2013, 11:48:07 PM »
Posted. Also, a poll (above) just to play around.

Anyone reading this may vote too if anyone out of their right mind is reading this.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: October 18, 2013, 01:20:59 AM »
I decided it was a bad choice of words when I had said the boat was going towards the bigger island. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry about it because I already changed it. Otherwise, you are going to the closest island which is not the biggest island.

Both airship and boat will be pulling in at about the same time, however, the boat can't moor to the top of the mountain like the airship can, so prepare to be separated a little while longer.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: October 20, 2013, 02:05:44 AM »
Well folks. I really appreciate the patients, but I think I've tortured you all enough.
I'm going to go ahead and scrap this thing and hopefully I'll get to play a full game or two myself before I try this again.
And PbP was really throwing me way off kilter too. I'm an impatient individual that quickly loses focus of things after waiting too long. I have to have a consistent speed if I hope to run a game that is consistent.

Well, I'm sure happy to get this horrible weight off my chest; but the experience was still more than worth it and Jared, I dragged you into this and you stuck with me to the end and even gave me very constructive feedback so I really really appreciate you right now.

I do feel sorry about what happened to Qazarar and Rokku though. I feel like I did both a disservice.

Last thing, thank you everyone for giving me the opportunity to try this out. I promise I won't try again without a little more actual experience as a player.

Qazarar

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: October 20, 2013, 03:09:48 AM »
Well it was certainly fun, and maybe we can finish it someday. I know that the first game I ran, although it was in person, was overall a huge mess. mine was really just terrible overall. Although there was enough worth salvaging that I hope to do it again someday, taking the best of it and improving the rest. Your's was much better than mine, I think, however. Thanks for the ride.

jared71

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Spell Casting Guide
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: October 20, 2013, 02:29:46 PM »
Hey Casto,

It's been fun playing along and I think things went pretty well.   I had fun beating up the robots and there was some interesting moments.  It is an interesting story.

In the future, if you want to keep the game moving, if someone doesn't take their turn in a day or two.  You can take a simple default action for the them.  Generally defensive or standard in nature or just skip them.   The game must go on!

Cheers,

Jared

Kaminszakr

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • 3D Architectural Design Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: December 05, 2016, 03:47:11 AM »
Unfortunately, my PC is turned off and I'm going to bed. As soon as I can I will update the map and other things.  Thanks