Author Topic: Legends of Steel  (Read 15982 times)

Lockon Stratos

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Legends of Steel
« on: August 29, 2013, 07:06:06 PM »
"Entering planet's orbit, captain."
"Anything I need to know about it?"
"Highly dense and toxic atmosphere's about the only thing separating it from home. We can't get any better scans from orbit due to it though, so we'll need to search for life on foot. Shall I prep the Titan squad?"
"Yes, that would do nicely."
"Titan squad, report to hangar and standby."
The huge sleek ship, known simply as The Pinnacle, loomed over the small planet, so similar to its own, yet marred by its putrid green sky, concealing much of its surface.

(Finally, we can begin. Now, I might enlarge this later, fill in details and such, as the forums don't like my longer thread creation sessions, for some reason. The recruitment OP tried to murder my laptop.)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:37:44 PM by Lockon Stratos »
"If you prick us, do we not bleed?"
"No, I prick you, you explode."

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Legends of Steel
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 08:30:54 PM »
Henry Thomas sauntered down the corridor to the hanger. The left lens of his glasses glowed brightly as it displayed various reports and tactical readouts,
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

KyleJ

• Paladin
  • Elite
  • Maker of Cool Stuff
  • Typo Hammer Eye of Seeing Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 01:15:16 AM »
The smell of e-cigar smoke filled the ship's halls as Connor Johansen trudged towards the hangar.
Remember, the rules exist to facilitate the game, not the other way around.

Alternative OFFICIAL Character Sheet
GM Screen (OUTDATED)
Quickstart Sheet
Mook Quicksheets

IF YOU WANT ME TO SEE SOMETHING QUICKLY, PM ME. I don't check this forum regularly.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 01:42:07 AM »
Ethan, wearing his holey oversized hoody, more or else appeared while listening to his music blasting headphones. He seems to not notice that everyone is congregating as he casually walks by.

turalisj

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 03:42:47 AM »
 Celia was swindling the other crew out of their belongings; credits, food, in one cases a lucky lighter, a shirt or two, when the call came for Titan Squad to report. Grinning, the former pirate stood up with a hand on her hip. "Looks like you boys can count yourselves lucky today. I'll be back later for the rest of your stuff after this!" She said with a wink, heading out into the hallway.

The trip to the hangar was uneventful, to save power in the ship gravity was cranked to 75% of earth's, so she was quite literally bouncing from wall to wall. As she got to the hangar though, Celia did a flip from the ceiling into a brisk walk. She caught a glimpse of the planet from one of the hallway viewscreens. An ugly, toxic green atmosphere. Whatever they might find down there was probably going to be just as mean and ugly as-

"Henry! How ya doing?" Celia said cheerfully as she approached the other pilot.

munchlord

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 03:59:03 AM »
Josh showed up wearing light tactical armor. She seemed to wear that more often than not, even when the ship was in transit. It concealed her already modest curvature, and while her tusks and jaw were slightly smaller and less pronounced than was the average for Orcs, there was not really anything feminine about her face. Combined with being called 'Josh' most of the time and riding what was possibly the biggest Mech on the ship, it was common to mistake her for a man. A mistake that she usually didn't bother correcting. While her wearing tactical armor wasn't out of the ordinary, it was visible that she'd prepared for going planetside all the same, seeing as she had her assault rifle holstered instead of merely carrying a sidearm, as well as two bandoliers of smoke grenades and other field equipment with her as well. "So, first ranging. On foot or should I go get Colossus fired up?"

Lockon Stratos

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 08:22:34 AM »
"As we don't have a clue on what you will actually see down there, I believe we take every precaution. Take the Titans. We'll drop you as soon as you're ready."

munchlord

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 10:06:50 AM »
Josh pressed a button for communication with the engineering bay. "Josh here, get my mech's engine warming up. We're shipping out shortly."

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 12:19:21 PM »
Henry pulled up what information the scans could reveal on his lens and started shifting through it for clues. "We can't get all the scans I would like to see, but the basic topographical layout should give us some good places to look. I have identified a number of places, freshwater coastlines, river openings, valleys, rivers in otherwise water scarce regions, and so forth, which should be more likely. From these, I have a proposed path of exploration that should yield optimal results" He then forwards a proposed flightplan to the rest of the team and the commander.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 12:32:11 PM »
As Ethan walks through another door, leaving the hanger, he looks at his tactical wrist watch. The door closes behind him.   

The door reopens with Ethan running back into the hangar with his head set clutched in his hand.
"What the hell? How come nobody told me we are finally launching the Mechs?"
He stops abruptly, "Shoot, I still need seal his chemical line. Hey guys, don't wait up. I might be a bit late; I'll catch up. "Thanks Henry!"
He sprints a short distance down the catwalk towards where the welding gear is.

~EDIT~
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 01:00:37 AM by Castodas »

munchlord

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 05:48:49 AM »
Josh glances in the direction that Ethan went and facepalms, then turns to face the others again. "Any tactical or strategic points of interest on the route?"

turalisj

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 03:22:28 PM »
 Celia shook her head. She took out her comms and pulled the micro-screen out, enlarging it so she could see everything. "Looks like Tempestas has it's missile bays recharged and the electron-pulsewave system is good to go. So no problems on my end cap'n."

Lockon Stratos

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 12:08:18 AM »
OOC: Cast, should we be waiting on you, or what? Again, I'm reminding you I'm new to this.
"I'll trust your judgment on this, Mr. Thomas. Act as you see fit."

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 12:44:31 AM »
"Thank you, sir. I am ready to depart when everyone else is." He climbs up and easily swing into his mech, and starts double checking his checklists.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 01:11:01 AM »
OOC: small edit on the last sentence of my previous post.

Ethan sprints back with welding gear in hand and a welding helmet on his head. He begins climbing his mech, and almost falling as he drops the gear back to the deck. It lands with a loud clatter. He looks up at everyone briefly before jumping down. He picks the gear back up and attempts the exact same stunt- fortunately without dropping anything this time.
Ethan climbs up the arm of his mech to the shoulder and then down behind his mech.