Author Topic: Legends of Steel  (Read 12364 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Legends of Steel
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 01:17:12 AM »
Thomas sighs. "Here, let me give you a hand with that, Ethan. You really should have gotten this taken care of earlier"
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2013, 01:19:59 AM »
 >:(
"I got it."
"Anyways, you wouldn't know where the lines go so you would get in the way. Also," He sparks his torch into life, welds for about 30 seconds, and stops. "Also, that was all it needed."

OOC: yes, he did angry face.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 01:24:13 AM by Castodas »

Lockon Stratos

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2013, 12:06:59 AM »
"Mr. Marcus, could you explain to me WHY you are performing the rudimentary maintenance on your machine, when we could easily have the ship's mechanic crew handle it for you? It is what they're there for after all."
"If you prick us, do we not bleed?"
"No, I prick you, you explode."

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2013, 12:53:06 AM »
Ethan hops down from his mech. "Ha Ha! I really think I would be embarrassed if they saw just how messy my mech is. I really just don't think I could take their laughing at me! I know it is a bit silly! Anyways, I was doing some last minute modifications last night and I just got really hungry and... Shoot! That reminds me, I never had breakfast!"
He then Puts his fists on his hips, squares his shoulders, puffs up his chest, and puts on the face of determination, "But I'm ready Sir! Times like this really show a man what is important in life and breakfast is bottom of the list! Now come men and..." He looks at josh a brief moment, uncertainty puzzling his face before regaining composure, "ehem! And women, let us not let our ancestors down and take this mission with the utmost of bravery and professionalism." Fortunately, there was one clear female to sort things out.
He begins climbing into his mech.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 01:07:10 AM by Castodas »

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2013, 12:56:51 AM »
"'bout bloody time" Henry mutters to himself.

turalisj

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 01:32:24 AM »
 Celia facepalmed, wondering how she got swept up into this crew of morons. Oh, right, either that or enjoy the penitentiary planet for the next three hundred years. "Let's just get moving before I accidentally shoot Ethan in the foot." She said, getting into Tempestas.

Celia went through the startup sequence, making sure everything in the mech was functioning properly. It 'stretched', opening and shutting valves, turning servos, and swiveling weapon mounts. Satisfied that nothing was out of place, Celia gave a thumbs up through the vidscreen. "All's ready on my end cap'n. Let's go see if ET's down there."

munchlord

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 01:39:22 AM »
Josh facepalms upon hearing Ethan's ramblings and mutters something that could be 'agreed' following Henry's muttered comment, then walks to her own craft. The Colossus would be easy to mistake for being part of the ship's mechanicals if one assumed mechs to all be around the standard 30 feet, doubly so because the comparatively cramped quarters of the holding bay made it easy to look at simply part of it without properly seeing the whole. As it were, the Colossus were 67 feet of metal tinted a slightly darker grey tucked away in a corner trying to get it as much out of the way as possible, even though it still took out a considerable chunk of the available space in there. After disappearing behind it in order to climb aboard, a minute or so passes before her voice is heard through its external loudspeakers, though she is mindful of setting the volume low enough not to blow anyone away. "Ready to launch. Reactor and engines will be done warming up when we reach the surface." The price of moving about in more than four times as many tons of metal than regular juggernaut class titans meant it took a few minutes to get the engine and the small on-board reactor required to power the whole thing running at full capacity.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2013, 02:13:11 AM »
Ethan's MT-BN2300 snaps into life very smoothly. "Ready here Sir. I'm loading up Henry's data now. Ooh, it comes in color... And it's interactive! Oh, whoops, my mech voice is still on."

KyleJ

• Paladin
  • Elite
  • Maker of Cool Stuff
  • Typo Hammer Eye of Seeing Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2013, 08:48:31 AM »
Connor surveys the rest or the group, then puts away his cigar and starts climbing his mech. Well, he thinks, nice to work with a crew of professionals again. He hears Ethan's mech start speaking and sighs. Well, mostly professional.

The Durendal, fairly compact for a mech of its capabilities, spins up. Inside the cockpit, Connor stands suspended in a gyroscopic rig designed to capture his motions while protecting him from shocks. "Durendal," he says, "begin diagnostics."

A barrage of information appears on all the mech's sensor screens. After a minute, a voice sounds. "All systems fully operational. Ready for takeoff."
Remember, the rules exist to facilitate the game, not the other way around.

Alternative OFFICIAL Character Sheet
GM Screen (OUTDATED)
Quickstart Sheet
Mook Quicksheets

IF YOU WANT ME TO SEE SOMETHING QUICKLY, PM ME. I don't check this forum regularly.

Lockon Stratos

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2013, 11:29:39 AM »
"Drop them."
"Yes sir." The whole bay began to whirr to life, the mechs being shuffled into a giant arrowhead shaped pod. Well, all but the Colossus, which began to curl up, as various plates began to extend around it, streamlining its form into an arrowhead as well. The pods were then moved on a conveyor belt to an airlock of appropriate sive, with its door facing the planet surface.
"Drop pod, release." Everything holding the to ship quickly removed itself, sending them plummeting to the surface.

OOC: You want a better image, go see the first episode of Zoids:New Century Zero, more specifically the Judge capsule sequence. That's part of the inspiration for the method, plus sci-fi teleporters really don't sit with me well anymore. It's a murder machine.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 01:40:36 PM by Lockon Stratos »

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 11:34:51 AM »
"WHOOO!" Henry shouts out in exhilaration

Lockon Stratos

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 11:21:18 AM »
OOC: No need for a drop image, I believe you understand how this'll work.
"Okay, the good news is, you didn't set the atmosphere on fire. And the bad news, well, there is no bad news, strange. Hmm, well there might be some later. Anyway, men and women, say hello to Vadi IV, or whatever they're calling the place. Behave, stake out the area, don't blow up the locals, yada yada yada. Thomas is in charge, toodles."(Going with the crazy captain. I think I'm going to enjoy him.)
Of course, that last part didn't seem like it would be much of a problem, as there didn't seem to be anything but rock and stone surrounding our intrepid band. Of course, couldn't see that far anyway, what with the green fog everywhere, masking, well, most everything.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 11:41:08 AM »
Henry Thomas opens a channel to the other mechs "You all have the flight plan I  laid out, lets move, no sense sitting around. You know the drill, sensors in full sweep mode, keep your eyes peeled for anything strange or worth further investigation. " Henry starts navigating the shoop along the path he specified.

KyleJ

• Paladin
  • Elite
  • Maker of Cool Stuff
  • Typo Hammer Eye of Seeing Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 12:06:09 AM »
"Roger," says Connor. "All sensors online." Closing the com link for a moment, he adds, "Durendal, I want all weapon systems armed. Safed, but armed." The mech beeps in acknowledgement.
Remember, the rules exist to facilitate the game, not the other way around.

Alternative OFFICIAL Character Sheet
GM Screen (OUTDATED)
Quickstart Sheet
Mook Quicksheets

IF YOU WANT ME TO SEE SOMETHING QUICKLY, PM ME. I don't check this forum regularly.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2013, 12:18:39 AM »
Ethan's maneuvers his mech off the pod.
"I'm going to make my own scans really quick, standby."

Perception:
Rolled 1d20+11 : 15 + 11, total 26