Author Topic: Legends of Steel  (Read 13002 times)

turalisj

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Legends of Steel
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2013, 09:36:55 PM »
 Tempestus was fully deployed now, all of it's weapon systems online. Static jumped across the metal plates of it's defense system, humming faintly. It turned towards the slimes, the barrel of it's main gun ready to fire.

It was time to unleash hell.
Spoiler
Initiative
Rolled 1d20+6 : 15 + 6, total 21

"Tracking system fully engaged. I can nail all five of them at once or focus fire on one."

munchlord

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2013, 02:56:50 AM »
Josh decides that taking risks with these things isn't worth it. It's time to throw down. "Activate Berserker Protocol" the voice activated system initiates a set of routines temporarily overriding the safety limitations on the reactor output. Steam starts pouring out of the exhause openings as the core temperature starts rising above recommended values and the mech suddenly moves quite a bit faster, an impressive feat for a thing of its size. "Send targetting specs to Henry. Engage preemtive damage control." The repair nanites begin making temporary structures to help resist incoming damage while details about where and how the Colossus will be hitting the targets fly across Henry's screen, giving him a better option to hit the damaged area. With all the preparations done with, Josh then kicks the Colossus into motion, raising small tremors from the ground as it rushes to the first of the slimes and slashes at it with a claw, a menacing growl audible from the mech's external speakers.

actions
Move action to give Henry double critical range, part move on a vigor check:
Rolled 1d20+15 : 6 + 15, total 21

Swift action to enter Rage. Rounds of rage left: 8
Then a charge. Attack roll:
Rolled 1d20+25 : 8 + 25, total 33

If it hits, the slime takes 36 damage and must make a Fort or Reflex save DC 21 or be bull rushed up to 40 ft taking both it and Josh into the middle of the slime formation and taking an additional 6 damage.
Last but not least, Intimidating Overdrive on the one she charged
Rolled 1d20+9 : 5 + 9, total 14

if it exceeds its intimidate defense, the slime is shakened for the encounter.

Lockon Stratos

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2013, 08:38:41 AM »
Spoiler
Fort Check
Rolled 1d20+14 : 17 + 14, total 31
Intimidate failed. Also, does charging provoke AoOs? Just as a double check.
"If you prick us, do we not bleed?"
"No, I prick you, you explode."

Lockon Stratos

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2013, 08:45:24 AM »
Spoiler
Fort Check This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+14 : 17 + 14, total 31Hit. The Colussus takes 10 damage from Truly Bad People's effect. Intimidate failed. Also, does charging provoke AoOs? Just as a double check.
The Titan's claws raked across the... well, being slime it doesn't have a face, now does it? Well, it didn't come without cost, as slicing the thing caused some of it's acidic self to splash on to the machine, causing some minor damage. Despite her intimidating display, the slimes don't seem to care, obviously too stupid or lazy to be afraid.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2013, 08:12:02 PM »
Spoiler
sry, I had almost forgotten I was next.

First I spend a partial move to scan the creature using history (thanks to savvy librarian) to identify any relevant traits to help the fight. I'm going to use esoteric radica's ability to roll an automatic 10.
My check result is 29 (DC = 10 + the level of the highest creature to benefit from tactical insight.)

For my actual move action I will ready a bomb and a second bomb during a swift action.
I will attack with both from close range (50ft); which I'm hoping is close enough.

Attack 1:
Rolled 1d20+22 : 18 + 22, total 40

Damage:
Rolled 10d4+10 : 3, 1, 4, 4, 2, 3, 3, 1, 1, 2 + 10, total 34

Reflex Save DC 21 to avoid [BURNING]

Attack 2:
Rolled 1d20+17 : 2 + 17, total 19

Damage:
Rolled 10d4+10 : 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 3, 4, 2, 1, 2 + 10, total 29

Reflex Save DC 21 to avoid [BURNING]

Also, if my knowledge check succeeds, add +3 to the attacks.

I'd like to attack one of the farthest creatures.

"Alright Rust Bucket, what you got for me?"
While his BN-2300 NC-1 system ran the scans and compared to historical data, he began skillfully maneuvering the old-school bot to grab a couple of collapsible iron cage bomb flasks. Both bombs expand out in his hands as they are quickly filled with the acid concoction from the reservoir on the mech's back. Once they impact, the iron cage surrounding the flask will collapse with a snap and splash its contents along with a small explosion.
Ethan targets the farthest creature he knows he can reach.
"Alright buddy, what you got for me?" He checks his HUD for updates and adjusts his aim and timing accordingly, along with climate considerations. He lets the bombs fly.

Lockon Stratos

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2013, 09:49:56 PM »
Spoiler
Succesful Knowledge check. What you know? They're tough, strong and faster than the look. Not really much information, but not much to know in the first place. Frankly, I should add a circumstance modifier in the monster's favor, for using a history check on a creature from an alien world. But, I don't know what's fair, so I'll let it slide. Also, you get one specifics question.

Both attacks hit and the saving throws. First
Rolled 1d20+11 : 13 + 11, total 24
and second
Rolled 1d20+11 : 7 + 11, total 18
Ugh, figuring battlefield sizes and positioning pre-combat is going to be something I work on, did not think about it at all here.

Lockon Stratos

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2013, 09:55:53 PM »
Spoiler
Succesful Knowledge check. What you know? They're tough, strong and faster than the look. Not really much information, but not much to know in the first place. Frankly, I should add a circumstance modifier in the monster's favor, for using a history check on a creature from an alien world. But, I don't know what's fair, so I'll let it slide. Also, you get one specifics question.

Both attacks hit and the saving throws. First This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+11 : 13 + 11, total 24 and second This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+11 : 7 + 11, total 18 Ugh, figuring battlefield sizes and positioning pre-combat is going to be something I work on, did not think about it at all here.
Both the bombs blow up in the face of the beast in the back, the second one setting its... well, slime on fire. Weird, wouldn't think it would be flammable.

The display of the Rust Bucket gave some basic readouts, comparing the beast to some slime molds and cross-referencing it with something involving a tomato and ranch dressing experiment. Essentially, mindless and hard to kill. Oddly fast too.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2013, 10:37:26 PM »
"Alright guys, are you getting the data? It's pretty bare bones but the predictions have never failed me before! Ole rusty knows his stuff."

turalisj

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2013, 07:50:36 PM »
 There was a 'ding!' as the Tempestas's cannons were fully charged. "Alright. Let's shake off the rust." Celia said as a blast of electrostatic force lanced towards the nearest blob.

Spoiler
Rolled 20d4+8 : 2, 2, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 3, 1, 1, 4, 1, 2, 3, 2, 3, 4, 1, 3, 4 + 8, total 59
  Damage, DC24 Reflex save for half. On a failed save, entangled for 2 rounds and knocked prone.

Lockon Stratos

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2013, 09:54:55 PM »
Spoiler
Rolled 1d20+11 : 20 + 11, total 31
Damn that thing is evil. I should take notes.

Lockon Stratos

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2013, 10:02:42 PM »
Spoiler
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+11 : 20 + 11, total 31Damn that thing is evil. I should take notes.
OOC: Do I round down or up?
The bolt streaked to and through the slime that the Colossus struck, missing the rest,(Pentagonal formation. No straight lines between any of them.) flying off into the distance where a boom could be heard as well as slight rumble. Well, it could of been if you weren't running around making a massive racket. Giant steel humanoids are noisy, who'd of guessed?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:56:26 PM by Lockon Stratos »

Lockon Stratos

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2013, 08:29:39 PM »
Spoiler
Forward-most slime. I need a will save for the Colossus, DC 16 against shaken. Free action, vigor check.
Rolled 1d20+15 : 11 + 15, total 26
Proceeds to make 2 attacks on Colossus.
Rolled 1d20+18 : 18 + 18, total 36
Second.
Rolled 1d20+13 : 14 + 13, total 27
Damage is 14 for both. Also, if either of those hit you, I need a fort check, DC 20 against sickened and healing myself for 10. Also, if you fail I get to make another attack. ALSO(Sensing a pattern here?) if they hit, you become vulnerable to physical damage for the rest of the round.
The slime that had taken the most abuse so far, apparently noticed its biggest attacker and surrounded the closest limb with its acidic body.

munchlord

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2013, 09:46:43 PM »
OOC
Will
Rolled 1d20+13 : 12 + 13, total 25

Fort
Rolled 1d20+16 : 8 + 16, total 24

Descriptive text will be in next post

munchlord

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2013, 10:13:24 PM »
The Colossus is hit by both attacks, but seems scarcely affected.