Author Topic: GTB of 2525 (IC)  (Read 31294 times)

Qazarar

  • Minion
  • **
  • Posts: 69
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 08:43:56 PM »
Grawlix, seeing the robot ahead, decides it is a foe. He quickly whips up an explosive and hurls it at the robot, grinning manically.

Rokku

  • Minion
  • **
  • Posts: 131
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 01:27:40 AM »
Rocky lets out an impressed whistle as the stranger leaps off the ship and swoops through the burning hole.  She herself takes the port ladder to head below decks, dropping into a thick cloud of smoke.  Steeling herself for the fight, she follows the sounds of battle.

Spoiler
Move action: Heading down the ladder and activating Vigor.
Rolled 1d20+8 : 10 + 8, total 18
Perception check to pick out bad guys!
Rolled 1d20+9 : 20 + 9, total 29
  I imagine she won't get an attack this turn because she probably won't have line of sight on anyone but if she does let me know!

Castodas

  • Ace
  • ****
  • Posts: 653
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 11:35:06 PM »
Spoiler
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k095uty33qkc7ip/Balloon%20Ship.png
Ok, so here is turn order:

Rocky
b1
b5
a7
Grawlix
Crew1 (combating a4)
a2
b2
a3
a4
a1
b8
b3
b4
Gerrik
Passenger 1 (fighting a1)
Bogdy
a6
crew2 (still on weather deck, running down)
passenger 2 (fighting against b1,a7)
crew3 (fighting b4)


Rocky arrives on scene now, and now her original initiative takes affect. So Rokku may take action immediately. 
I already let some of the NPC's go ahead since I don't believe they will impact Rocky's turn at all. (I figured this would help speed things up a bit, if you would like me to not do this in the future I will refrain)
As such, Grawlix may make his turn now since his will happen immediately after Rocky. Jared, you should be able to get your action in when your turn comes, but if you decide you want to alter it just let me know. (btw, in case you have trouble finding him, Bogda is underneath the sail beam, it might take a little squinting to notice it).
Also, I considered not showing you the turn order for the NPC's, at least not until their turn actually came but I decided just throwing it out there would help speed things up.
Hopefully things will be less hectic after this encounter, but this was the only good way I could find to give your characters some common ground.

Rocky doesn't hesitate. She dives into the ship's bowels without second though, nearly bowling over the crew member that was on heading down. Her eyes adjust quickly to the lighting, partly thanks to the blaze on the other side of the hold. Taking a good look around, she notices one robot directly in front of you is fighting another crew member who looks like he has seen better days. Behind the ladder well you are standing on is another robot who appears to take interest in you. You are also mindful of one other behind that and several more can be seen in the same room.  You are very certain this attack was deliberate and these robots intend to slaughter every last creature if the fire doesn't burn away the ship first. There is no smoke in your direct vicinity at this moment.

Gerrik and Bogda both observe the robot, A7, behind the busted ladder well finally decide to assist its brethren in fighting one of the passenger's. His eyes enlarge as despair sinks in. He was already clinging to the main mast base to keep himself on his feet. One robot strikes at him. He barely manages to parry with the lead pipe he was holding when the second robot slices at the man's leg. The man doesn't collapse only thanks to the mast, but he looks like he is on his last. 
Get it? Last leg? nvm...   :-[

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 12:55:00 AM by Castodas »

Rokku

  • Minion
  • **
  • Posts: 131
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 01:21:39 AM »
Sizing up the robot picking on the downed passenger, Rocky darts in and strikes low, aiming to knock it off its feet and give the passenger time to escape.

Spoiler
Move: Put Rocky one square southwest of a4, adjacent to the passenger.  Also, Perception to lower the robot's saves by two!
Rolled 1d20+9 : 8 + 9, total 17

Then, Tripmurder! Attack
Rolled 1d20+10 : 11 + 10, total 21
Damage
Rolled 1d6+14 : 3 + 14, total 17
Reflex save vs 19 (with a -2 if Perception succeeded) or go prone on hit.

Castodas

  • Ace
  • ****
  • Posts: 653
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 01:59:42 AM »
Spoiler
Save:
Rolled 1d20+4 : 20 + 4, total 24

Castodas

  • Ace
  • ****
  • Posts: 653
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 02:05:23 AM »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Save:
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+4 : 20 + 4, total 24
Well, apparently the dice roller can't add/subtract multiple numbers. Unfortunately, -2 still allowed success.

Rocky practically tackles the robot with her foot. The robot receives a large dent but somehow remains standing. Must be dumb luck.

Castodas

  • Ace
  • ****
  • Posts: 653
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 01:28:18 AM »
Spoiler
Initiative This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+1 : 17 + 1, total 18

When my turn rolls around, I will use improvisation as a swift action to give myself +2 attack.
Then I will use my move to prepare a vial, and part of that to attach a flash missile.
I will then attack robot a2 with said vial.

To hit, This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+12 : 11 + 12, total 23 dealing This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 4d4+4 : 2, 4, 4, 4 + 4, total 18 fire damage, and the target is [Burning] unless it makes a DC 18 Reflex save.
Due to flash missile, if it hits the target is [Blinded] and [Deafened] for one round unless it makes a DC 18 Fort save.

Robot:
Spoiler
Attack lands.
Ref save:
Rolled 1d20+4 : 2 + 4, total 6


Fort save
Rolled 1d20+4 : 6 + 4, total 10


Castodas

  • Ace
  • ****
  • Posts: 653
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 01:41:37 AM »
The robot immediately catches fire and promptly smacks its head against the wall.

Castodas

  • Ace
  • ****
  • Posts: 653
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 11:11:22 PM »
Spoiler
Crew1: Attacks a4
   23ATK, 8DMG

b2: Move action to extinguish a2

a3: Move Adjacent (north square) to Rocky and attack Rocky.
   Atk:
Rolled 1d20+7 : 4 + 7, total 11

   Dmg:
Rolled 1d6+6 : 6 + 6, total 12


a4: Attack crew1.
   Misses.

a1: Attack Passenger1
   27ATK, 10DMG

b6: Attack [Passenger3]
   25ATK, 6DMG

a2: Bumps into the crate, attacks crate:
   14ATK, 9DMG

b8: Standby

b3: Moves Adjacent(west square) to Rocky and attacks Rocky:
   Atk:
Rolled 1d20+5 : 14 + 5, total 19

   Dmg:
Rolled 1d6+3 : 2 + 3, total 5


b4: Attacks crewmember3
   Misses.


~~~(After Gerrek's turn)~~~

Passenger1: Attacks a4:
   Misses.


~~~(Bogdy's turn (following Gerrek)~~~

Castodas

  • Ace
  • ****
  • Posts: 653
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 11:42:14 PM »
Updated Graphic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k095uty33qkc7ip/Balloon%20Ship.png

The crewmember near Rocky attacks his opponent. The robot slides its shield against the knuckled crunching punch, as the wood in the shield gives against the punch, leaving small holes and a fist sized dent.

A robot around the corner, adjacent to Grawlix's opponent, manages to extinguish the burning robot. It stands ready to take its comrades spot.

Rocky is approached by two robots forward of the ladder well. They both attack.
The first slashes with its small scimitar shaped sword but misses.
The second barely manages to land a blow but only to cut away at a piece of her armor and barely grazing her skin. (5dmg)


Rocky's opponent continues to hack at the crewmember. The dent from Rocky's boot must have thrown it out of balance because it misses.

The passenger forward of the main mast takes a blow square across the chest. Not fatal, but it looks like it hurt like hell.

There is a robot in the crate forward of Rocky. It attacks a passenger inside. A very direct blow but his armor appears to have withstood the impact.

Grawlix's opponent begins moving but collides against the crate. It immediately takes a timid swipe against it. It looked like it did that out of shock.

The robot Aft of the port ladderwell attacks the crewmember. The crewmember easily dodges the attack with a short spin on his heels.

The passenger with a gash across his chest, forward of the main mast, makes a very solid strike against air.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 12:51:33 AM by Castodas »

sakuuya

  • Minion
  • **
  • Posts: 137
  • Gender: Female
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2013, 12:44:23 AM »
Adrenaline roaring like a sea monster through his veins, Gerrik jumps up and grabs hold of a still-intact beam of the cargo bay ceiling, swinging himself over the flames before him. He touches down briefly in the ruined ladder well before vaulting up the gaping hole and into relatively fresh air. As he ascends, he takes a deep breath and twists to fire two jolts of lightning from his mechanical arm at the nearest robot.

Spoiler
For his swift action, Gerrik enters a war dance. He makes an Acrobatics check (32, it's always 32 when he's dancin') and lifts off as a free action. He moves six squares straight toward the crew quarters and gets [Flying] in the ladder well. Since he only moved half his speed (he gets a 5' boost for being in a war dance), he'll use Vigor.

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Vigor 1d20+8 : 14 + 8, total 22

He attacks robot a7 twice with his arm cannon. All damage is [Electricity].

This dice roll has been tampered with!
First Attack 1d20+10 : 14 + 10, total 24
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Damage 1d6+10 : 4 + 10, total 14

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Second Attack 1d20+10 : 9 + 10, total 19
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Damage 1d6+10 : 2 + 10, total 12
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 01:19:26 AM by sakuuya »

Castodas

  • Ace
  • ****
  • Posts: 653
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2013, 01:10:09 AM »
The first shot strikes squarely against its back, putting a goodly hole into its chassy. The second shot strikes off its shield arm which falls to the ground.  This robot has seen better days.

The passenger jumps at the sudden occurrence of falling robot limbs.  He looks a little more hopeful now.

jared71

  • Minion
  • **
  • Posts: 183
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Spell Casting Guide
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2013, 07:59:50 PM »
Bogda summons up a ball of frost energy and throws it at an unaware robot.  He slips on some oil on the floor but somehow the robot moved into the energy ball and it caught it straight in the face for some massive damage.

He is excited to prevent harm to the crew!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:02:08 PM by jared71 »

Castodas

  • Ace
  • ****
  • Posts: 653
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2013, 10:37:07 PM »
Spoiler
Ship Battle Map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wnby7ig9vxkd4o/Airship%20Battle%20Map%201.png

Balloon Ship Map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k095uty33qkc7ip/Balloon%20Ship.png

a6: Standby

Crew2: Moves adjacent (south square) to b3 and attacks:
   19ATK, 10DMG

Passenger2:Attacks b1:
   16ATK, 9DMG
   
   He immediately makes a run for it heading aft between the two large crates.
   b1 AOO:
      MISS
   
   Passenger2 turns a corner and bumps into Grawlix.

Crew3: not viewable.

Passenger3: Attacks b6:
   16ATK, 9DMG
Bogda struck the head of the robot, the force of the blow causing its neck to rip out of the base at its shoulder and fling upwards. The neck end sinks into the mast leaving the head to dangle like a prized trophy.


- A crewmember on the weather deck is seen running down the port ladder well. He finds the closest enemy next to Rocky and wacks it good with the hand guard of his rapier.

- The passenger clinging to the mast pounds his lead pipe against the side of the robot's head. He then makes a run for it and barely misses taking a strike from the robot's attack. He limps aft between two large crates and stops directly in front of Grawlix.
The bloody man cries out to Grawlix, "Geeze man, you gotta help me. I know I'm not going to last another second against these things!" He finally looks back and sees Grawlix's opponent who is still staring at the crate it struck at earlier.
"Oh, Geeze!" He yells with horse trill in his voice, "They're everywhere man!"

- The passenger in the crate takes a swing at his little buddy, managing a fairly square blow.

Outside the ship you can hear what can only be the captain's voice, "HAAA! You *bleep* SON of a MULE! I will hang your necks from my own sail and PARADE YOUR DEAD BODIES FOR THE WORLD TO SEE WHY YOU DON' MESS WITH ASHLIN CARVER!!!"
You feel the ship suddenly tilt as it changes course.


*Fire and Smoke spreads further around the ship.

*  *  *

End of Round 1
Begin Round 2 with Rocky
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 11:11:47 PM by Castodas »

Rokku

  • Minion
  • **
  • Posts: 131
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2013, 11:50:12 PM »
Rocky cracks a kink out of her neck and strikes at the robot again, this time trying to drive it away from its victim.

Spoiler
Move action: Vigoring up again!
Rolled 1d20+8 : 11 + 8, total 19

Perception to reduce a4's saves.
Rolled 1d20+9 : 19 + 9, total 28

Punishing Blow!
Rolled 1d20+10 : 11 + 10, total 21

On hit, Fortitude vs 19 or be pushed 5 feet (one square right).  Rocky follows into a4's old square for free.
Damage
Rolled 1d6+16 : 5 + 16, total 21