Author Topic: GTB of 2525 (IC)  (Read 26880 times)

Rokku

  • Minion
  • **
  • Posts: 131
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2013, 01:22:41 AM »
Rocky swims towards the boat, hollering once she gets near.

"Hello there!  Had a bit of a problem up top.  Pirates, y'know?  Can a lady catch a ride?"

sakuuya

  • Minion
  • **
  • Posts: 137
  • Gender: Female
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2013, 10:25:56 AM »
Gerrik grabs a parachute and jumps off the edge of the boat, but rather than activating his parachute, he sails horizontally out toward the winged woman. He relaxes his shoulder muscles to make the spark cannon on the end of his mechanical arm fold back into his metal hand.

"Hello!" He calls to her as he approaches. "As you can see, we're having a bit of trouble over here! Could we talk on a ship? I don't, ah--" He gestures to her wings.

Spoiler
Gerrik drops out of his war dance. For the next 6 rounds, he is [Fatigued], which means he can't run or charge, and he takes a -1 penalty to d20 rolls.

Acrobatics to start [Flying]: 30
.

Castodas

  • Ace
  • ****
  • Posts: 653
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2013, 08:39:05 PM »
The robot (a5) fighting with the crewmember below deck next to the ladder-well stabs one blade deep into the man's knee, causing him to jerk forward in the agony. The robot takes advantage of the his motion and manages to uppercut its other blade clean through his skull. A quick jerk frees both blades and the man collapses onto the deck. The robot then makes its way aft, moving deeper into the ship.


As Gerrik jumps from the ship, a look of sheer startlement impresses on the woman's face and with a brief glimpse of golden light she vanishes and reapers in the same instance right next to Gerrik.
She motions to grab you, but then hesitates as it dawns on her that you are not falling.
She giggles briefly, "and what are you that you should be capable of holding yourself in the air like so?" She takes a breath, her face returning to a solemn expression, "Never mind, gather your people and prepare for us to come along-side." She raises an arm straight up, almost as if waving.


The froggish, or toady, man looks down at Rocky and replies to her request, "Aye, be-in you firs tell us where you be from and to whom you give your allegiance to. This be-in a war time n-all; you understand."

The fire spreads its bit some more. On the weather deck, the smoke is only down-wind or right next to the fire.

jared71

  • Minion
  • **
  • Posts: 183
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Spell Casting Guide
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2013, 08:52:19 PM »
He shoots at the robot A5 that stabbed the crew member.   Bogda yells, "You inhuman beast, DIE!"


Spoiler
ATTACK
Rolled 1d20+16 : 3 + 16, total 19


DAMAGE
Rolled 1d6+24 : 4 + 24, total 28

cold damage +6 more if flat footed 

Qazarar

  • Minion
  • **
  • Posts: 69
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2013, 12:25:56 AM »
Grawlix will reach over and remove the pin before giving the connection a good hard thwack with his Large Heavy Object.

Spoiler
Attack roll, if necessary.
Rolled 1d20+8 : 17 + 8, total 25

Castodas

  • Ace
  • ****
  • Posts: 653
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2013, 02:35:29 AM »
Bogda jumps down the ladderwell.  The smoke is thick and the noises are loud but his powerful senses give him automatic location of the robot and he is only a short ways down the nearest passageway which is just far enough to be shot at.
Your attack hit (not flat-footed), and your senses tell you its head has been disjoined from its body and is hanging rather limp by some wires, probably. The robot is still active, however, and on its feet.

Grawlix pounds away at the thick locking rod. From the look of the rust on it, you'd think it had fuzed with the cable link. Turns out the rust was actually quite brittle and the rod pops through to the other side. The cable then whips back violently. (Make a REF save: DC 18 to avoid falling prone and taking 12 points [hp reduction])


The ship doesn't jerk so violently this time, but the ship creaks, groans, whines and moans. Everyone on the ship feels the deck trying to shift around under your feet and by the looks of that fire, which has already engulfed the main mast, things are liable to get very rough, very soon.

Rokku

  • Minion
  • **
  • Posts: 131
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2013, 04:28:26 PM »
"I'm new in town fella, aint had a chance to sign myself up with anyone yet," says Rocky, "tell ya what though, gimme a ride and I'll give your sales pitch a good honest listen."

Qazarar

  • Minion
  • **
  • Posts: 69
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2013, 07:17:43 PM »
Grawlix attempts to quickly duck the cable

Spoiler
Rolled 1d20+8 : 7 + 8, total 15

Castodas

  • Ace
  • ****
  • Posts: 653
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2013, 07:44:49 PM »
The cable whips out slashing a deep wound into Grawlix (12 [hp reduction])and throws him to the ground. The cable is still flailing dangerously but is too high now to be of concern.


The toad man tosses a line out to be climbed.
"You out of luck miss; we no offerin jobs to no outsiders. Frankly, I ought-ta leave you here; but because you from tha' ship up there, I am suppose to give ya a hand."

Rokku

  • Minion
  • **
  • Posts: 131
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2013, 10:31:37 PM »
Rocky hauls herself aboard and starts flicking water off into the sea.

"Thanks fella," she says, "you're a good sort.  Might be some more folks coming down soon, if you wanna pick up more passengers.  Or if you wanna avoid 'em."

Castodas

  • Ace
  • ****
  • Posts: 653
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2013, 12:24:05 AM »
The toadyman snarls his upper lip in contempt, "I go when we get the signal, falling ship or no; but, hehe," His snarl turns to a smirk, "it'll probably fall. I hope it takes you mercenary types with it."

He turns to walk towards the boat's cabin, which enters from behind.

Now you get a better look at the boat.  It is much smaller than what you just came from.  Just a simple wooden fishing boat shaped with a pointed bow and a square stern.  The cabin at its very center houses the helm of which you see a great burly woman steering. She has wears two brown braided pig tails and a single pointed tooth sticks out of her lower lip. She doesn't really look the part of helmsman and her oversized hands are almost as big as the small round helm she is holding in her hands.

There are two other fellas outside the cabin on either side.  The one on the port side looks rather thin with messy black hair pouring over his head down to his hips. He wears a blue head band which seems to help keep the hair out of his face and on his face is a very big nose that points almost squarely out of his face.  As he leans against the cabin he appears to be just staring up casually, as if expecting rain.
The other fella on the same side as you looks a lot more normal.  Wearing his reddish brown hair short, if still a bit messy. The lack of a shirt reveals a muscular build but by no means oversized either. He watches you as he leans forward against the railing.

You are currently standing near the bow on the starboard side. The boat is about 35ft long and 15ft wide with a 10x5ft cabin. The ship is powered with a motor engine.

Castodas

  • Ace
  • ****
  • Posts: 653
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2013, 01:31:36 AM »
The robot retaliates against Bogda. It approaches from the smoke with its head dangling like a bell clapper and throws a jab with its sword.

Attack: (Melee range ignore smoke concealment)
Rolled 1d20+7 : 17 + 7, total 24

Damage:
Rolled 1d6+6 : 1 + 6, total 7


Outside the ship, the Tiber moves around in a tight circle until it is directly adjacent to
the Fair Angel's port side. Crew members on the Tiber line up carrying large buckets along the Tiber's starboard side, which faces the Fair Angel. Another group of Tiber crew members begin throwing down several planks to make gangways between the two ships. While that is happening, a man's voice is heard on a loudspeaker.
"To everyone that values your life, you may take advantage of our very unusual assistance and calmlyboard my vessel to safety. However, my crew is free to disallow anyone they deem unfit. So make it your best effort to seem worthwhile. Over."

The Fair Angel's crew members do not hesitate. Putting the crazed orders of their beloved captain on permanent halt, they begin making their way to the other ship.
Captain Carver snarls and yells out. "WHAT BE YOU DOIN ME NO GOOD CREW?! YOU CAN NO JUST IGNORE YUR CAPTAIN!  GET BACK TO YUR STATIONS!" He continues yelling at them with a great many words that would embarrass his own mother.

The flying woman cranes her neck a moment as she attempts to get a better look at something on the Fair Angel's deck. She then zips down, landing near the port ladder well. Her wings fold up on her back and a pair of black wing shells close on those. She then hunches down next to the passenger that had just come up from below, who sounded like he was finally starting to recover his breath. She puts her head close to his and appears to be discussing something with him.  Finally, he stands up slowly and wobbly.

*The fire continues to rage. Suddenly, a loud popping sound is heard as the foremast begins falling over forward. The short mast collides with a pair of the still clinging balloon cables attached to the tip of the ships bow.  The port cable snaps. The starboard cable still appears secure, but if it comes loose...

jared71

  • Minion
  • **
  • Posts: 183
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Spell Casting Guide
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2013, 07:36:17 PM »
Bodga grunts a bit with the hit from the robot.  Then he swifts out his light saber and trips the robot.  Afterwards, he helps people get above deck even if it provokes from a live robot with his move action.  He yells out, "Everyone above deck to safety!" 


Spoiler
To HIT robot ,
Rolled 1d20+15 : 1 + 15, total 16

DAMAGE
Rolled 1d6+18 : 1 + 18, total 19
cold.   DC21 trip if it matters.

Castodas

  • Ace
  • ****
  • Posts: 653
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2013, 10:27:17 PM »
The robot parries your strike, causing no damage to be dealt.
People are stirring from with the aft crates, probably on their way out after hearing the other ship's loud speaker.

sakuuya

  • Minion
  • **
  • Posts: 137
  • Gender: Female
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTB of 2525 (IC)
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2013, 11:56:51 AM »
After following the winged woman back to the Fair Angel, Gerrik continues to trail after her over to the port ladder well.

"Is anyone else down there?" he calls into the smoky cargo hold. "Do you need help getting up?"

Spoiler
Gerrik is fatigued for the next 5 turns.