Author Topic: Legend Academy(Sigil PrepxRWBY) PBP General Discussion thread  (Read 73808 times)

Don Jentleman

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Legend Academy(Sigil PrepxRWBY) PBP Interest check
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 11:49:15 AM »
So, will the classes still be the same as the ones in sigil academy, and we just fluff accordingly, or will they be altered to better fit Legend's selection of tracks?

Greybender

• Elite
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 12:02:52 PM »
Honestly I'm more inclined towards the second option, though I'll try to preserve as much as possible from the setting.
The game would implode into rocket tag in a twisted mockery of all that is wrong with 3.5, angels would weep and the skies would fall, and it would all be your fault. Yours and yours alone.

Don Jentleman

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 12:07:49 PM »
I think alot of the classes can be preserved, but there are some that might prove too much for fluffing. Well, we can probably use homebrew to cover the gaps, but as you said, that's a case by case basis.

St. Salieri

• Minion
  • Typo Hammer Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2013, 12:13:53 PM »
I'm interested, but a bit apprehensive: This would be both my first Legend game and my first PBP game, and I wouldn't want to risk dragging things down. (Not that I expect to have or cause too much trouble, but one never knows.) If you're willing to put up with a [Total Newb], I'll happily join!

(FWIW, leaning toward Just Blade/Arcane Secrets/Vigilante, which actually seems to fit the RWBY aesthetic pretty well.)

(Also, I vote for Level 8.)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 12:17:54 PM by St. Salieri »

Metool

• Rogue
  • Elite
  • You ever lose hope?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2013, 03:52:16 PM »
I'm interested, but a bit apprehensive: This would be both my first Legend game and my first PBP game, and I wouldn't want to risk dragging things down. (Not that I expect to have or cause too much trouble, but one never knows.) If you're willing to put up with a [Total Newb], I'll happily join!

I want you in my group.
"Honestly, I don't know if this non-core option is 1.0-ready"

No, it isn't. It may be updated at some point but it isn't 1.0-ready, which is why it isn't in 1.0. Anything that isn't in the 1.0 core rulebook should be treated as not being 1.0 compliant and used with caution if at all.

munchlord

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2013, 04:03:27 PM »
I vote for Lvl 8 too. Grey, I'm retooling some of the sheets as I look over them. Most notable is a total build rework for Zach and there may be one coming for Naur as well. Additionally, I may add one or two to the listing because I'll probably scrap Romanov and/or Ezumik because neither really fit the RWBY/Sigil Prep tone and style very well.

Unit001

• Minion
  • The good kind of evil
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 05:18:17 PM »
Hey Grey, if possible I'd like to use this and the Sentient Construct racial track.

Greybender

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2013, 06:35:35 PM »
Hey Grey, if possible I'd like to use this and the Sentient Construct racial track.

Yes that is cool, btw info will have to come tomorrow, sorry life got in the way.
The game would implode into rocket tag in a twisted mockery of all that is wrong with 3.5, angels would weep and the skies would fall, and it would all be your fault. Yours and yours alone.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2013, 06:41:51 PM »
I'm a little uncertain about the requirements for characters. Do they need to be from one of those D&D realms mentioned in the Sigil website? Eberron is the only one I've really ever heard of. I've never really been a fan of using default settings...  :-\

I just don't know a lot about those realms/planes and the race descriptions don't really tell me much about actually being one. Am I suppose to be one of those races?

If being knowledgable on these things is detrimental, I'll sit this out. That will be best for all involved.

Unit001

• Minion
  • The good kind of evil
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2013, 07:10:20 PM »
That's cool, most of the best SP characters were from Eberron, like Roxy, Amizath, and Unit.

Spoiler
Also, Eberron Warforged are Decepticons.  ALL HAIL MEGATRON!

munchlord

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2013, 07:12:58 PM »
I'm a little uncertain about the requirements for characters. Do they need to be from one of those D&D realms mentioned in the Sigil website? Eberron is the only one I've really ever heard of. I've never really been a fan of using default settings...  :-\

I just don't know a lot about those realms/planes and the race descriptions don't really tell me much about actually being one. Am I suppose to be one of those races?

If being knowledgable on these things is detrimental, I'll sit this out. That will be best for all involved.

I don't think you need to be familiar with Sigil/DnD lore. Sigil is basicly this city that sits in on of those places where almost all planes have gates to, including different multiverses in some canons. If I understood Greybender right in chat, I was given the green light to import my characters directly from my homebrew setting, for instance, and have them basicly planehopped to Sigil. Also, Greybender, would Verdant or Crazed Inventor be kosher?

Unit001

• Minion
  • The good kind of evil
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2013, 08:27:35 PM »
Sweet, then I'm going full buy-in as a ranger sentient construct with professional soldier, construct racial track, heavy weapons, and vigilante.  It's robot Batman, with guns!

Qazarar

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2013, 01:37:48 AM »
Alright, I have a bit of a concept. Ranger base, with Reign of Arrows, Battle's Tempering, and Acrobatic Adept. Likely I will add a full buy in, but I am not sure yet.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2013, 02:29:41 AM »
This setting does sound really cool, and the RWBY stuff was fun- though I still need to watch them all.

I plan on staying, I'm just going to sit back a bit and observe what everyone else comes up with first though.

Lockon Stratos

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2013, 11:08:45 AM »
Scootch over Cast, I'm right there with ya.
"If you prick us, do we not bleed?"
"No, I prick you, you explode."