Author Topic: Team OPAL IC  (Read 12012 times)

Libris Dedita

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Team OPAL IC
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2013, 07:45:55 PM »
'Ah, that does all indeed sound most exciting.' Opal considers what she's seen of the planes thus far. 'Have you yet met anyone like you from outside your plane? And how have you found this trip thus far?'

She glances across to Phoebe and Lily. 'Seems our compatriots over there have no little magic about them themselves.'

Lord_Gareth

• Mook
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2013, 04:56:38 PM »
"You know, they do seem that way," Amnis agrees distantly, staring in fascination at Phoebe and Lily. "Um, as far as others not really. No one seems to have met anyone quite like me. They reference someone they call the Faceless Lord sometimes but we've never heard of him, whoever he is..."

Exelixi

• Barbarian
  • Ace
  • Dwarfs can do lots of stuff. Like dig.
  • Contest Champion Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2013, 08:35:33 AM »
The elfborg examines the grisly charm now adorning her wrist.

"I... Find myself not knowing what to say. This is a great gift. I will wear it well, this I promise."

She flexes her claws, and frost forms on them; this is met with a darkly satisfied grin.

"If we are all to be working together, I may as well use the remaining rituals I know to give us an edge when it matters. There is no better time than the present, I have always said. If everyone would care to come near when they have the chance..."
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 11:35:58 AM by Exelixi »
http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.php/topic,1185.0.html - A point-buy chassis (class) system. Perfectly balanced by the judicious application of SCIENCE!

""Release your inner dwarf.  Then get him some ale!" -EspyLacopa
"I have no idea what Exelixi looks like. I just picture crow feathers and a claymore." -Fro

Mura

• Rogue
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2013, 12:31:16 PM »
Phoebe nods and smiles, already standing within arm's reach. "It looks good on you. Goes well with your... um, other eyes."

Lord_Gareth

• Mook
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2013, 12:31:55 PM »
Amnis flows closer to the elf-machine hybrid, full of curiosity. "Rituals? Like sorcery? I've always wanted to learn more about sorcery..."

Exelixi

• Barbarian
  • Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2013, 08:37:30 AM »
Lily draws out a series of diagrams in magical runes, covering the floor and walls. She spends some time casting and demonstrating the use of her ritual blessings.  The rituals take time, but she can do them by rote, leaving the group free to discuss magical theory and combat tactics. They practise for several hours, and by the time they are finished, they have developed some at least theoretical cohesion.

Spoiler
Opal is enchanted with a Rune of Trickery and the Shield blessing. Phoebe is enchanted with a Rune of Trickery, a Symbol of Majesty, and the Sceptre blessing. Amnis is enchanted with the Symbol of Majesty, as the other things are unneeded with her build and resources are limited. Lily is, as she was from the beginning, enchanted with the last Rune of Trickery, though she tends not to use it for disguise, the final Symbol of Majesty, and the Sword blessing. The image of a crown will display itself somewhere on Phoebe's skin, and can move around at-will; likewise with Opal and the image of a shield.

"Alright, everyone, good work... I do not know about you, but I am exhausted, and starving. Shall we locate a source of food in this place?"
http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.php/topic,1185.0.html - A point-buy chassis (class) system. Perfectly balanced by the judicious application of SCIENCE!

"I have no idea what Exelixi looks like. I just picture crow feathers and a claymore." -Fro

Mura

• Rogue
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2013, 12:19:02 PM »
"I don't eat... food. But seeing as it's bad form to let teammates starve, I shall certainly help to procure some."

Phoebe walks over to the door and attempts to open it.

Greybender

• Elite
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2013, 06:34:20 PM »
Phoebe's attempts of opening the door were not for naught. It opens to an oval room full of pleasant smells, nostalgic smells of old books rising above some pleasant looking closets, on the far side of the room wide stairs seem to be leading downwards. A large half circular puffy beige couch seems to be facing the doors, yet is almost exactly positioned towards the jelly box on Phoebe's left side. This rather large archive looking room  also contains a few comfy reading chairs, set up in a joyously pleasing manner, for the geographically inclined.
The game would implode into rocket tag in a twisted mockery of all that is wrong with 3.5, angels would weep and the skies would fall, and it would all be your fault. Yours and yours alone.

Lord_Gareth

• Mook
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2013, 08:13:09 PM »
Amnis flows eagerly into the room, half-walking and half-pouring herself past the others in an exuberant splashing advance. "Look at all this! This is a...a...a couch, right? And those are the part-couch things, um...chairs, right! Solid beings use them to comfortably support their weight! They're fascinating."

The slime girl envelops a chair with her body, giving herself the look of a large green-and-silver bubble with a face near the top. "It's so...solid. This is wood, right? And metal and cloth..."

Libris Dedita

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2013, 12:40:08 AM »
'That is correct.'

Opal wanders into the library, glancing along the shelves.

'These are fascinating; I don't think I've even seen copies of some of them! Have either of you, Lily, Phoebe? I will assume Amnis hasn't, since she doesn't seem to travel off-plane much - unless some are from her home plane.'

Mura

• Rogue
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2013, 09:49:02 PM »
Aleister flies a couple of laps around the library before perching on Phoebe's shoulder. Without glancing up from the jelly box, Phoebe replies: "No, I don't recognize any of these books... but as geography isn't my forte, that isn't saying much."

"I think there's something more pressing here, however." Phoebe pulls her scythe out of the air again, and charges it with a magic missile, holding it defensively between herself and the jelly box. The whole situation is a bit comical. "This thing is trying to eat my thoughts. Does anyone have a reason why I should not pulverize it?"

Exelixi

• Barbarian
  • Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2013, 10:43:23 PM »
Lily stifles a laugh with her organic hand, indicating with the other to pause.

"It is not trying to eat your thoughts, I promise. It is just set to the wrong channel. Here, I will fix it."

With a moment's effort, the box changes to the local news channel. Silently, Lily laments the lack of opportunity to upload the events which just transpired to OozeTube. 

"I have the impression that you do not leave your home plane much either, Phoebe; is this true? And as for the books, Sigil's libraries do have quite an impressive selection. Of course, my arm allows me to eat positive energy, not paper, so sadly these tomes will not help us in that respect."

She proceeds across the room, towards the stairs.

Mura

• Rogue
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2013, 04:57:49 PM »
Ms. Sykes hesitates, weighing her suspicion of the cube against her trust in Lily. Trust shortly wins out, and she turns to follow her teammate, but not before stealing one more contemptuous glance at the gelatinous device. "Make my day, parasite," she whispers.

Catching up with the elf, she responds: "You're right, Lily; I've only been off-world once or twice. I'm a bit of a recluse, really; my home is a walk-in freezer, and I haven't needed to buy groceries for a long time now. And I work from home, so..." Her voice trails off with a hint of boredom.

"I've seen a lot of magitech devices, but few as complicated as that limb. If it isn't prying too much, how exactly does your hand allow you to metabolize energy? And do you mean 'positive energy' in the sense of 'magical energy', or in the sense of 'positive electrical charge'?"

Lord_Gareth

• Mook
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2013, 08:06:45 PM »
"OHIKNOWTHATONE!" Amnis babbles excitedly, flowing off of the chair and catching up to Lily and the lich at a rough approximation of a jog. "That's the stuff sunlight's made out of! Or, well, it is at home anyway..."

The slime girl stops for a minute to let her mind catch up to her mouth.

"Anyway it's like life force only not quite. I eat it."