Author Topic: Team OPAL OOC  (Read 3005 times)

Greybender

• Elite
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Team OPAL OOC
« on: October 14, 2013, 10:28:41 PM »
Okay, this is the OOC thread, post as you like...hope you like your living arrangements.

Team OPAL:

Opal (Created by Libris Dediata): Fairy Custom Class, Runesong Scholar/Mechanist Savant/Arcane Lore
An intelligent and wise fey, banished from the flower court in pursuit of knowledge.

Phoebe Sykes (Created by Mura): Lich Sage, Just Blade/Cold Elementalist/Lich
A standoffish and vain undead lich girl,  with a pet crow Aleiste. Charismatic and Inteligent.

Amnis (Created by Lord_Gareth): Vampire Vampire, Discipline of the Serpent/Vampire/Battle's Tempering
The (Vampire)ooze girl, a country girl with a heart and a bottle of Abyss lite in her hands, just don't give her Belzepsi.(As a passive ability reach doesn't have to be applied to her vampire bite for her to be affected by it)

Lily Corinth (Created by Exelixi): Elf Soulphage, True Mage/Lich/Necromancer
Liliana, the skinny elf with tremendous strength and a wicked metal arm! With a bottle of Abyssal cola in her hands, she is ready to face the day.
The game would implode into rocket tag in a twisted mockery of all that is wrong with 3.5, angels would weep and the skies would fall, and it would all be your fault. Yours and yours alone.

Exelixi

• Barbarian
  • Ace
  • Dwarfs can do lots of stuff. Like dig.
  • Contest Champion Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Team OPAL OOC
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 04:34:51 AM »
Normally I make an in-character account, but fuck it, too lazy this time. Might change my avvie back, though.

As a heads-up, one history check was rolled regarding the Dabus.

(I'm never sure about the wording for rolling checks. I mean, it's the character's knowledge in question, but is she the one rolling the check? Is she, for instance, actively wracking her brain for details? Or did she just know this shit all along? And if we agree that it's the character's check, I don't think she knows what a "check" is, or how the hell she'd roll it. Characters don't know their stats, after all, except in metagame comedy like Order of the Stick. So I have no idea to say whether I, the player, rolled the check because I rolled the dice and crunched the numbers, or whether Lily made the check, as it's her knowledge, or possibly both at once?)

Recommended reading: http://theglen.livejournal.com/16735.html
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 05:09:04 AM by Exelixi »
http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.php/topic,1185.0.html - A point-buy chassis (class) system. Perfectly balanced by the judicious application of SCIENCE!

""Release your inner dwarf.  Then get him some ale!" -EspyLacopa
"I have no idea what Exelixi looks like. I just picture crow feathers and a claymore." -Fro

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 11:17:54 AM »
I always think of it as the character trying to remember a sliver of information it read or heard about, so to me it is the player making the check but it represents how well the character remembers it.

Lord_Gareth

• Mook
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 01:26:10 PM »
Amnis has fallen in with such unfriendly people T_T

Greybender

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 12:42:27 PM »
I see you guys are slowly falling out of things to say, if you want to continue with the plottings just say so. :P
The game would implode into rocket tag in a twisted mockery of all that is wrong with 3.5, angels would weep and the skies would fall, and it would all be your fault. Yours and yours alone.

Exelixi

• Barbarian
  • Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 01:58:54 PM »
I'm attempting to manoeuvre things towards a power montage cutscene thing, lasting somewhere between half an hour and two hours.
http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.php/topic,1185.0.html - A point-buy chassis (class) system. Perfectly balanced by the judicious application of SCIENCE!

"I have no idea what Exelixi looks like. I just picture crow feathers and a claymore." -Fro

Exelixi

• Barbarian
  • Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 09:48:49 PM »
POST YOU FUCKERS

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 10:06:11 PM »
I'm in the boat right along next to yours...   :(

Mura

• Rogue
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 11:07:53 AM »
Which Knowledge skill (if any) would be used to examine and identify the "jelly box"? I'm guessing Arcana or Engineering, but it could plausibly be Nature or even Medicine depending on its inner workings and function.

EDIT: Engineering, as confirmed by Greybender over IRC.

Greybender

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 08:25:28 PM »
"This little ingenious invention was developed by  Aleithian Corp(TM) with the help of Illith's breeding program(TM). It has been in development for quite some time before shown to the the everyday Sigil cutter. The Psycho-enchancing telecrystal container and it's beloved Symbiotic ooze were developed to bring benefits of the Illithid culture to everyone. The ooze's existence is dependent on latent psychic energy given out by recipients of the broadcasts, while they are watching it's contents. The contents of the broadcast are being sent by Illith's beloved elder brain, which has devoted itself to bring news and entertainment to everyone with the funds to buy such a marvellous device. By using the crystals to enhance and promote the psychic messages it receives, the device promotes the individual cells of the Ooze to reflect the thoughts it receive in a broad arrangement of colours, creating with it 3D environments for everyone to see. With the progress of Aleithian  tech, came new crystals with a similar ability to receive psychic messages, but transformed them into vibrations instead. With a little Aleithian ingenuity, a device was added to produce sounds during the transmissions. While switching through channels may be the main function of the Jelly box(TM), it can also be switched to feedback mode, so that the viewer may see his own thought processes and play around with the device, to create new content which can be uploaded back into the elder brain's network."

Mura

• Rogue
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 12:19:58 PM »
I'm going to be out of town for the weekend. I might have an internet connection, but don't count on it.