Author Topic: Team GOLDN OOC  (Read 11717 times)

Brightside

• Minion
  • "Well... he's not wrong..."
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Team GOLDN OOC
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2013, 11:09:37 PM »
I feel like it's answering Gio's call  :D

Valixes

• Paladin
  • Elite
  • Knight of Life
  • Ballot Box Dev Team Eye of Seeing Dungeon Delver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2013, 03:25:49 AM »
<_< >_>
MAYBE.
Also, Munchlord, I am evverryyvheerre unnnd novheeeerre..

Greybender

• Elite
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2013, 04:46:28 AM »
uuh, Valixes shoed up in our IC thread with a sphere and a note of some sort. Is that a misplaced post that belongs in another thread or is it placed where it belongs?

That is correct.
The game would implode into rocket tag in a twisted mockery of all that is wrong with 3.5, angels would weep and the skies would fall, and it would all be your fault. Yours and yours alone.

Brightside

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2013, 07:39:43 AM »
A few scattered sentences can be made out on the surface of the odd construct - "DIRECTIONS," "RIDDLE," "DANGER," and "KNOWLEDGE."

Odd construct being the Book/Scroll about Wailing Dustmen, or odd blue ball? I just want to make sure I'm not running after the wrong plot hook and forgetting to read the whole message.

Metool

• Rogue
  • Elite
  • You ever lose hope?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2013, 10:47:51 AM »
uuh, Valixes shoed up in our IC thread with a sphere and a note of some sort. Is that a misplaced post that belongs in another thread or is it placed where it belongs?

That is correct.

That was a "One thing, or another thing that is likely not part of the first thing" question.
"Honestly, I don't know if this non-core option is 1.0-ready"

No, it isn't. It may be updated at some point but it isn't 1.0-ready, which is why it isn't in 1.0. Anything that isn't in the 1.0 core rulebook should be treated as not being 1.0 compliant and used with caution if at all.

Greybender

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2013, 02:43:43 PM »

That is correct.

That was a "One thing, or another thing that is likely not part of the first thing" question.

I'm aware. It is placed where it belongs.
The game would implode into rocket tag in a twisted mockery of all that is wrong with 3.5, angels would weep and the skies would fall, and it would all be your fault. Yours and yours alone.

Brightside

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2013, 08:01:12 PM »
As the team files out the door, Dani raises a spectral finger in comment.

"Shouldn't we, um, unfold..." she says, barely audibly. But she floats along after her teammates anyway. Ohmy probably knows what he's doing.

He totally doesn't, but if anyone has any better ideas...

sakuuya

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2013, 09:47:04 AM »
As the team files out the door, Dani raises a spectral finger in comment.

"Shouldn't we, um, unfold..." she says, barely audibly. But she floats along after her teammates anyway. Ohmy probably knows what he's doing.

He totally doesn't, but if anyone has any better ideas...

Well, my OOC suggestion is unfold the note.  :P Dani's just bad at making suggestions.

Brightside

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2013, 09:18:36 PM »
I assumed it was already unfolded, since it probably had "Danger Knowledge" on the outside of the letter, and "The Dustman Lurk" on the inside. I may be wrong though, current GM's are kinda dicey with the word play (probably intentional). It'd still be good to know who sent it, either someone in charge for askin all them questions to or something else, perhaps more sinister.

sakuuya

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2013, 09:45:33 PM »
I assumed it was already unfolded, since it probably had "Danger Knowledge" on the outside of the letter, and "The Dustman Lurk" on the inside. I may be wrong though, current GM's are kinda dicey with the word play (probably intentional). It'd still be good to know who sent it, either someone in charge for askin all them questions to or something else, perhaps more sinister.

I hear ya. (Part of) the reason it took me so long to post because I was trying to figure out whether I was interpreting Valixes' post correctly. I'm pretty sure that the floating words were on the sphere, not the paper, but the antecedent of "these" in "these initially visible letters" is unclear. But since "and lurking where the dustmen wailed" is indeed a brief phrase, I assumed it was the brief phrase being referred to, rather than the whole.

Ohmy's hand reaches easily through the semi-intangible ball, which floats peacefully away after the script is removed. The parchment has a texture comparable to dried wood - a very dense brownish paper that speaks years for its age, and it carries with it the distinct smell of an old book. A scrawling of ink - though the mixture used for this particular penning appears to contain traces of crushed glass to lighten the hue - wraps halfway around it's topmost side. These initially visible letters form a brief phrase, and appear to be of a larger whole to be revealed upon unfolding the note: and lurking where the dustmen wailed.

Please note that I'm not trying to say, "I'm right and you're wrong," because pfft, who knows? I'm just trying to say "here are my reasons for interpreting it how I did."

Greybender

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2013, 05:46:11 AM »
The almost sentence was on the note, it awaits to be unfolded.

Brightside

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2013, 09:18:55 AM »
Oh, well. Woops.

someone should get on that... anybody take the note from me yet?

Greybender

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2013, 07:29:48 AM »
If you guys need help with the riddle, there are always knowledge checks and the Omicron.:P

Brightside

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2013, 07:52:44 PM »
I don't have the skills to do checks like that. Any word from the other team members? I'd like to hope this didn't stop before it really got started (:

munchlord

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2013, 07:10:33 AM »
BTW, can I have Knowing readings of the team?