Poll

Will you destroy the world or rule it?

All shall burn in our wake (actual fire optional)
4 (33.3%)
Even the gods shall bow to our power
8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Of Scum and Villainy recruitment thread  (Read 30066 times)

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Of Scum and Villainy recruitment thread
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2013, 04:43:50 PM »
Ok, I'll believe you both this once.  :P

~EDIT~
Actually, one more question.
Am I still selecting light or heavy armor for its base armor bonus/penalty?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 04:49:17 PM by Castodas »

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2013, 04:48:28 PM »
no, neither will stack with the dragon armor.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2013, 05:03:58 PM »
No, I mean does that still belong with the dragon armor?  If not then I believe the dragon's armor to be seriously lacking compared to a normal character who may take a guardian weapons.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2013, 05:15:38 PM »
Dragons get a +1 circle bonus to their armor. It does not stack with armor, magic armor, or a magic shield. It does stack with guardian. You can enchant it to get an additional bonus to the AC, as you listed.
Its not supposed to provide awesome AC, dragons get tons of HP, its meant to discourage them from getting tons of HP and awesome AC.

samd6

• Mook
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2013, 05:34:27 PM »
Not sure whether to go for Lich/Air/Earth again, or do ER/Dragon/Fortune's Friend/Smiting, which is a rather effective build.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2013, 05:42:48 PM »
Dragons get a +1 circle bonus to their armor. It does not stack with armor, magic armor, or a magic shield. It does stack with guardian. You can enchant it to get an additional bonus to the AC, as you listed.
Its not supposed to provide awesome AC, dragons get tons of HP, its meant to discourage them from getting tons of HP and awesome AC.

Guardian is a deflection bonus so that does not stack.

So right now I'm looking forward to a pitiful +5 AC (+4 circles, +1 greater enchantment) vs +8 AC (+2 heavy armor, +3 greater armor enchant, +1 guardian weapon, +2 greater item enchant)
Not to mention we both have access to a relic enchantment so that boosts the non-dragon to +9 or even +10 if it is legendary as you can have early access to a second relic item. The dragon can only hope to raise it +1.

Sure I'm getting 40 extra hit points, but that only helps so much when I'm battered and can't heal myself until 8 rounds later- assuming I'm not battered again.  Or suffering from HP reduction.

Grue

• Monk
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Eye of Seeing Dungeon Delver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2013, 05:57:31 PM »
greater magic armor is only +3, the magic armor bonus overrides the mundane heavy/light distinction. going from light-> lesser is +1 AC, going from Heavy-> lesser removes the reflex penalty. Guardian explicitly stacks with other deflection bonuses.
you would be looking at +4 circle, +1 greater enchant, +1 guardian weapon (total +6) as opposed to +3 greater armor, +1 guardian weapon, +2 greater shield (total +6).
same AC, 1 less magic item slot.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2013, 05:59:48 PM »

Guardian is a deflection bonus so that does not stack.

So right now I'm looking forward to a pitiful +5 AC (+4 circles, +1 greater enchantment) vs +8 AC (+2 heavy armor, +3 greater armor enchant, +1 guardian weapon, +2 greater item enchant)
Not to mention we both have access to a relic enchantment so that boosts the non-dragon to +9 or even +10 if it is legendary as you can have early access to a second relic item. The dragon can only hope to raise it +1.

Sure I'm getting 40 extra hit points, but that only helps so much when I'm battered and can't heal myself until 8 rounds later- assuming I'm not battered again.  Or suffering from HP reduction.
Guardian is a deflection bonus that stacks with other deflection bonuses.
Also, the base heavy/light armor bonus doesn't stack with the magic bonus. A lesser set of armor is +2 item bonus to AC, period, and a greater is +3. If it helps ,think of lesser light armor as increasing the AC bonus, and lesser heavy armor as removing the reflex save penalty, and after that each tier adds +1 to the AC.
so, you are looking at +6 (+4 circles, +1 greater, +1 guardian) vs. +6(+3 greater armor, +2 greater shield, +1 guardian), and you have a spare greater item.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2013, 06:04:57 PM »
Hmm. 

わかります。
どうも ありがと ございます。

(^◇^)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 06:07:26 PM by Castodas »

Thudloderp

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2013, 07:27:12 PM »
Munchlord DMing a game? Not passing up on this, even if the system is new to me. Time to peruse the player's handbook and see if I can't hammer a character together.

Edit : Demon/Assassin with Professional Soldier and Esoterica Radica looks fun. Sneaky sneaky ambush assassin plan will soon be online!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 10:55:22 PM by Thudloderp »

Don Jentleman

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2013, 07:30:46 PM »
Highly tempted to run a bestial Utter Brute/Water Elemental/Swashbuckler. Oh god, the fun things I can do with such a character...

Qazarar

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2013, 09:44:41 PM »
I'm currently thinking Sentient Construct, Battle's Tempering, and Arcane Lore as my tracks. Not entirely sure yet. I'm thinking of it as a tough and cybernetically augmented wizard.

Grue

• Monk
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Eye of Seeing Dungeon Delver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2013, 11:42:46 PM »
I'm going with Demon/Smiting/Destruction, a Demon Lord over the damned, with emphasis on either demon or lord depending on which Benefactor he ends up with.

Rokku

• Minion
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2013, 01:37:07 AM »
Oh very yes this.  I have no idea what I'll make at the moment.  But yes.  Very Yes.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2013, 05:11:40 PM »
If I want a higher tier affect of a 1 point enchantment, does that mean I need to spend extra enchantment points to receive that? Such as spending two points on a single one point enchantment?