Poll

Will you destroy the world or rule it?

All shall burn in our wake (actual fire optional)
4 (33.3%)
Even the gods shall bow to our power
8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Of Scum and Villainy recruitment thread  (Read 30049 times)

munchlord

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Of Scum and Villainy recruitment thread
« on: October 18, 2013, 05:07:00 AM »
It's time to get your Villany on folks. You've all been contacted by a benefactor who wants you to do something to this world, then you were brought to it. You're all formidable and possess a certain level of disregard for morals, for whatever reason, to get the job done even when you need to do nasty things to get there. You've been instructed not to kill eachother until the job is done, and you'll occasionally be given tasks by your benefactor that will reap you decent rewards. They are optional though, so if you wish you can ignore them, all except for the main task. You will be well rewarded for a job well done (in the dominate the world option with dominion over the world). You know fairly little about the world you are to conquer/destroy, so there'll be some exploring to do as well.

System: Legend
Level: 10
Ability Scores: Array
Class: either one of the regular ones or this: http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.php/topic,1185.0.html
Restrictions:
1.0 is ok'd, as is Wildborn. Homebrew is on a case by case basis, but Mystify's is likely to be ok'd as well.
Making monstrous characters is cool with me. You can't train in the History skill, as you don't know much about the world you've gone off to.
If you want a history-based feat, say so and we'll work something out.
Your characters can hail from whatever fictional universe you want it to, but try not to do ripoff characters and make it characters that can interact meaningfully with the other PCs and with NPCs.

PCs are Legendary and can have an Iconic feat. The following list of Legendary traits are banned:
Origin Story (due to bookkeeping headaches that I don't want to deal with)
Suave (as I don't use the standard Social Encounter rules)
Awesome Presence (see above)
Full Sanction (see above)
Minions (as I expect you to get a lot more minions than that via recruiting/creating/reanimating/cthulhu them)
Awesome Lair (as I expect you to get a shared one via recruiting/creating/reanimating/cthulhu it)
Arrangements (as I expect you to actually make and carry out such plans in character.)
Protean (see Origin Story)

Note that some of the ones on the ban list are 4th teir Legendary abilities and as such aren't relevant yet.

House rules:
You may rearrange the speeds of your tracks as you see fit. This includes escoterica radica for rogue and judgement for paladin.
I don't use the skill games and social encounters Legend rules. For social encounters I do it more RP heavy, so the arguments or threats or lies you bring up are the ones you bring, with the roll determining how well you represent it. That means there is a very real benefit to bringing up arguments/threats that are likely to affect the NPC in question as opposed to just random threats.
Due to the nature of PbP there are some changes to the usual gameplay. The players take their turn in combat in succession, their collective initiative count determined by the team average and individual actions happening in the order they are posted. Additionally, I won't be using a battlegrid for combat, I will handle it descriptively. That also means it's valid to tell me that you put down an AoE in the manner that hits the largest amount of foes possible without friendly fire and let me handle exactly who is hit and such.

Format:
We will play this as PbP here. I will use Roll20 as well to keep track of NPCs, area maps, resources and so on.

Note: Leadership decisions and NPC interactions will be as important as combat even if you decide gather an army and kill everything you see with it.

Depending on your choice of endgame, you get one of the following two benefactors:

Annihilation: Annihilation is an entity born from anguish, hatred and bloodlust. Wanting nothing more than vengeance upon the world for the misdeeds of some of its inhabitants, his power and agenda is wholly destructive, and the optional tasks he might give will naturally be so as well. This is the benefactor of a Destroy the World team.

Xenon'ach: Xenon'ach is a god from a dead world who still retain powers over dreams, madness and the mind. He is a schemer, obsessed with gaining more power himself. He is a subtle and cunnning god, but not one to shun the sledgehammer if that's the most effective approach. He is also involved in loads of obscure magical shenanigans. The optional tasks he gives will probably seem weird and may not make much sense to you at all. This is the benefactor of a World Domination team.

EDIT:
Given the amount of interest and so on and so forth, I've decided to run two groups of this. If both benefactors (and end goals) have enough interest, it'll be a Team Dominate and a Team Decimate. They will be parallel universe things, so no way for the team to interact.

Current players and team listings
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 04:53:45 PM by munchlord »

Zejety

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Sage of Heed
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Track Overview
    • Awards
Re: Of Scum and Villainy recruitment thread
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 06:24:34 AM »
I'm at work so I will just confirm my interest for now.
Note that I will have three weeks taken off from work in November (the last three weeks to be accurate) and can be quite active during that time (in my time zone obviously). Usually, my activity will most likely be restricted to posting 1-3 times during lunch break and after work.

I will probably play something akin to an Arcane Archer (Reign of Arrows + Tactician Spellcasting + X), non-monstrous.

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
I wish to teach people a lesson for ever existing in the first place so please count me in! = )

I'm thinking of playing a very sciencey evil mastermind bent on the destruction of his own planet; but what better than to test his philosophy on a seperate little world all together?

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 11:17:01 AM »
I'm down for this.
Are you planning PbP or roll20?
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Grue

• Monk
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Eye of Seeing Dungeon Delver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 11:30:31 AM »
Expressing interest as well.

[iconic] feats, Yes or No?

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 11:35:35 AM »
oh, and can we be Legendary? Some of the Legendary abilities would be very applicable to a campaign like this.

munchlord

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 01:08:05 PM »
Mystify's Crazed Inventor could possibly work as an Arcane Archer style thing with some heavy reflavor too.

pbp, but I'm strongly considering using Roll20 to keep track of NPCs and stuff. Won't be running sessions over it.

Iconic is cool with me.... hell, Legendary too. You're supposed to be epic ass villains. Your choices of legendary abilities will be subject to scrutiny though.

The setting is indeed fantasy, but some regions have high level magitek so some Sci-Fi tropes can be employed as well with some adjustment.

samd6

• Mook
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 01:43:54 PM »
I am interested.  Probably be able to have a character outline up this weekend.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 01:45:13 PM »
My crazed inventor would be great for en evil genius. I may use it, depending on what unfolds.

Qazarar

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 07:15:26 PM »
I think I'd like to play. I'll need to come up with some sort of character though, so I'll get back to you on that. I will probably use at least Arcane Lore or Arcane Secrets in some way.

Zejety

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Sage of Heed
    • View Profile
    • Track Overview
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 08:51:43 PM »
Do you have any character generation houserules like free track or progression selection in place?
I don't really have any preferences in this regard but would probably make use of the options if they exist so I figured I should ask. They are common enough that one may have forgotten to mention them. ;-)

Castodas

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 09:12:48 PM »
I've changed my mind and now I'm trying to work out a powerful warlord type character.

~EDIT~
May I build a race using the adaptation rules? And then with your final judgement of course.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:20:35 PM by Castodas »

Zejety

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Sage of Heed
    • View Profile
    • Track Overview
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 09:36:48 PM »
Not sure yet, but I am considering to pick up Mystify's Weapon Master. Would that be okay?

munchlord

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 04:52:12 AM »
Zejety: good that you ask. Not free selection as Exelexis chassis point buy thing still needs a bit of polish IIRC. But you can rearrange the speeds of your tracks as you see fit, as long as you get on fast, one slow and 1-2 medium (depending on FBI). Weapon Master is a-okay.

Castodas: Sure thing