Author Topic: Star Glider  (Read 3297 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Star Glider
« on: July 26, 2014, 01:05:05 AM »

Circle 1 - Star glide SU: You can take an additional 5ft step each [Round]. Once per [Round], after moving at least 10ft in that [Round], you may cause one opponent within your [Melee] range to be [Flat footed] to you for 1 [Round]. A successful reflex save(DC 10+½ your level +your KOM) negates this effect.

Circle 2- Plasma controlSU: You can control em fields using rune magic to manipulate terrestrial and cosmic plasmas. You gain the following abilities:
Terrestrial plasmasSU: As an immediate action, 3 times per [Encounter] you can attempt to exclude one ally from the effects of a spell, spell-like ability, or supernatural ability with an area of effect. You must make a will save whose DC is the highest of the DC of the ability you are excluding them from or (10 +½ the caster’s level + the caster’s KOM).
Cosmic plasmasSU: Once per [Round], as a swift action, you can call down the raw fury of the cosmos, dealing damage equal to your KOM plus your level to one opponent within [Close] range. This damage has the [Fire] descriptor and cannot be mitigated or reduced.

Circle 3- Cosmic crushSU: After hitting an opponent with an attack, you may deal 1d6 elemetnal damage to them per level you possess with your choice of the [Fire], [Cold], [Acid] or [Electricity] tags as a move action. This inflicts a condition based on the damage type you chose:
Acid: [Sickened] for 1 [Round]
Cold: [Battered] for 1 [Round]
Electricity: [Entangled] for 1 [Round]
Fire: [Blinded] for 1 [Round]

A successful foritude save (DC 10 + ½ your level + your  KOM) negates this effect and halves the damage.
 This is a [Surge] effect.

Circle 4- Armament of the starsSU: As as swift action, you can gather nearby materials to form or augment a weapon. Your weapon gains 2 weapon properties of your choice, excluding [Quick draw] and [Hold out], and [Barbed] if its a natural weapon. When you would deal damage with an attack using this weapon, you may deal half of your level in additional damage of the type this weapon deals, and you may mark the opponent you hit. At the end of your [Turn], all opponents marked in this way are [Blown away] from you. A successful foritude save (DC 10 + ½ your level + your KOM) negates this effect. This is an [Arming] effect.
Shield of the heavensSU: As a swift action, you can gather nearby materials to form a shield, which grants you a +3 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 item bonus to all of your saves until the end of the [Encounter]

Circle 5 - Star traveller’s protectionSU: You gain one of the following abilities:
Galactic transformationSU: You are skilled at controlling the energy within you own body, using it to undergo transformations and harden your skin. You gain [Resistance] to physical damage.
Neutron armorSU: You consolidate nearby metal around your body for protection. You gain 2x your level in temporary hit points each [Round]. This stacks with itself to a max of 4x your level.

Circle 6- Supernova furySU: Once per [Encounter], as a standard action, you may make a single attack with the [Volley] descriptor against every opponent within  your [Close] range. Every opponent who is hit is subject to your cosmic crush cosmic plasma abilities, which counts as using both of them, and are [Battered] for 2 [Rounds]

Circle 7- Universal TruthSU: Your very existence is now a universal truth. Once per [Scene], if you become [Dead] or are rendered [Unconscious], you are revived with full hit points at the beginning of the next [Round] with full HP. You can delay your revival or choose not to return at all. If you die more than once during a [Scene], you may come back to life at the beginning of the next [Quest].

This was based on a class from a rpg class test Star Glider
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:23:19 AM by Mystify »
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Tenno Seremel

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Destiny is chain for the weak.
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Star Glider
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 04:19:41 AM »
This damage has the [Fire] descriptor and cannot be mitigated or reduced.

So it's fire that beats immunity to fire… These things always feel weird to me %)

Greybender

• Elite
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 04:58:59 AM »
Terrestrial plasma seems kinda strong, if I understand it correctly. Sure it takes an immediate action, but you get evasion to every save and it isn't limited in any way.
The game would implode into rocket tag in a twisted mockery of all that is wrong with 3.5, angels would weep and the skies would fall, and it would all be your fault. Yours and yours alone.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 09:23:00 AM »
Terrestrial plasma seems kinda strong, if I understand it correctly. Sure it takes an immediate action, but you get evasion to every save and it isn't limited in any way.
it only works against area effects, and its an immediate action on a swift-heavy track. It is a bit strong, maybe I'll add on an encounter limit too

This damage has the [Fire] descriptor and cannot be mitigated or reduced.

So it's fire that beats immunity to fire… These things always feel weird to me %)
all of elementalist beats immunity to fire.

Mephest

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 10:40:52 AM »
Hey, just re-visiting this because the track works quite well for a sci-fi campaign I'm planning. Is this track 1.0 compliant? Also, Mystify, would you be all right with me adding some of your tracks to a word doc to distribute among my group and friends for use? you'd be credited, obviously/

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 11:38:40 AM »
yes, this is 1.0 compliant. I'm fine with you distributing my tracks to your friends; if you use them, let me know and give me feedback about how they work, positive or negative, and if you end up with any cool stories of things they let you do I'd like to hear them.

Mephest

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 01:45:21 PM »
All right! Thanks and will do!

Epsilon Rose

• Minion
  • The King of Unrest
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 12:02:51 AM »
Huh. Mystify, did you know this track isn't on your extended homebrew sig?

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 12:15:37 AM »
Huh. Mystify, did you know this track isn't on your extended homebrew sig?
Oh, I did not. Allow me to fix that.