Author Topic: Races in Legend  (Read 1746 times)

Mephest

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Races in Legend
« on: December 23, 2014, 05:19:22 PM »
I know that Legend is designed to be as adaptable as possible, but I still feel as if I should ask the question. Aside from the races that come bundled with a track, is there any reason NOT to be a human in legend? At least when running point buy, they come out dead-even, stat wise. And while some races give nice access to certain feats, I don't see anything that strikes me as equal to "any one feat (Obviously, if one meets the requirement)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 05:42:18 PM by Mephest »

Grue

• Monk
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Eye of Seeing Dungeon Delver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Races in Legend
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 06:04:34 PM »
Perhaps you want something besides a Misc. +1 and being good at a skill for your racial abilities. Also +2/+2/-2 stat modifiers provide a  different bit of flavor, especially when using the standard array instead of point buy.

Mephest

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 08:33:27 PM »
Alright, I can see it being different with the standard array, and yea, makes sense. I guess I'm just still to en grained in 3.5 where certain races basically exclude you from doing things due to their racial adjustments

rejectedreality

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 09:02:44 PM »
Honestly, I don't really see any race as being better than another. Certain races let you take a feat way earlier than a human could (like elf with arcantric accuracy). Humans are a nice, generic, good for anything race, but in Legend, I find that any race is good for anything.

Then again, I freely allow people to choose their KOM, and KDM, so that might be a factor.

DragoonWraith

• Sage
  • Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado Dev Team
    • View Profile
    • DragoonWraith.com
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 12:20:06 PM »
Yeah, the feat-you-could-not-otherwise-take is a pretty big deal in some cases.
Legend contributions: As Above, So Below (rewrite); Reap the Whirlwind, A Personal Touch, Kept Secret, Kept Safe (Professional Soldier); Combat Alchemist (extra track)