Author Topic: Any news?  (Read 11867 times)

Tenno Seremel

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Destiny is chain for the weak.
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Any news?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2015, 02:40:24 PM »
I expected something like that. Real life happens.

rejectedreality

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 10:17:50 PM »
Nice of you to post this officially.

I guess this just means I'll have to keep running Legend in the hopes that the players will love the game as much as I do (enough to make monsters and such), and in the hopes that those players will let me actually PLAY Legend instead of running.

Gikkman

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 05:08:51 AM »
For those of you still holding out hope, let me lay down a bit of information for you. I may put this up in a new topic later.

There are two things you need to know:

You post made me very happy, Afrokuma. The dev-team has my fullest support. :-)
 I love the Legend system, and I hope I'll hear from you all again. :-D

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Prayer Wing Scroll of Scribes Problem Solver RoC Staff Art Aficionado Eye of Seeing Aquarius Dev Team
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 03:45:47 PM »
Fro: Thanks so much for commenting. It's nice to see something like an official update, and I just wanted to say I appreciate it.

On that note, is there intent to keep this forum alive for the foreseeable future, or should fans start considering if they need to find an alternate hosting service? Particularly some of the Q&A thread and the Homebrew stuff are stuff I would rather not lose.

The forum will stay up for the foreseeable future. We'll give sufficient warning before there's any chance of it going down. A lot of people put a lot of effort into that Q&A and Homebrew and we wouldn't want to see it go to waste.

Draz

• Paladin
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 11:22:11 PM »
I have a hard time imagining that there isn't enough material for the Monster Book already written.

Of course formatting and art and such luxuries would still require a lot of work in order to make the Monster Guide as nice as it was originally conceived, but especially if homebrew is adopted (and cleaned up) in order to fill in any gaps, surely the Monster Guide's intended breadth of monsters can be made?

On a related note, it would be nice if there were some process by which carefully-reviewed homebrew could start "graduating" to official status.  That way, Legend material could keep growing, through a grass-roots process that wouldn't require a lot of formal dev work.

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 01:51:19 AM »
Bestiary would be a large undertaking.  I can definitely see it taking a while.

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Prayer Wing Scroll of Scribes Problem Solver RoC Staff Art Aficionado Eye of Seeing Aquarius Dev Team
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 07:44:07 PM »
I have a hard time imagining that there isn't enough material for the Monster Book already written.

Monsters essentially aren't built at all. The only work that's been done has been tracks, and those would need to be reevaluated given rules updates since last they were worked on.

Vicerious

• Minion
  • Foolish Mortal
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2015, 09:02:06 AM »
Afro:  I deeply appreciate your candor.  Legend is by far my favorite RPG system; its apparent gradual decline was hard to watch, and the "not knowing" just made it more frustrating.  A huge thanks to you and all of the devs for everything you've done and continue to do.
"A witty saying proves nothing." --Voltaire

PsychoBat

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2015, 05:28:42 AM »
Are there any news on the current situation? Any plans to allow community to join in with revitalising Legend?

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 11:08:48 AM »
Is the release of the unfinished tracks a sign that Legend development is dead?

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 11:44:27 AM »
That said, what I'd like to organize this summer is a cleanup and release of planned Monster Guide material; essentially taking what should already be available to our fans and moving it out there. I can't make guarantees, since that would involve speaking for other people, but we're still here and the IRC channel is still active.

I've said this already. Legend development is in the same state it's been for the last year. Make of that what you will.

Regitnui

• Elite
  • Father of the Four
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2015, 04:21:21 PM »
I'm still working on my Sebrica Setting Guide; a compilation of homebrew, a few of these 'unfinished' tracks, monsters and a lot of flavour. I might try and full in Hallow, if there's any more material than that sneak peek from the main page
Sebrica - The House of Corners
A Homebrew Campaign Setting

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2015, 08:05:14 PM »
Would it be possible to get a proposed "table of contents" for some of the upcoming books?  Obviously page numbers would not be included, but it would allow us to fill in a lot of the blanks for you.  Something along the lines of class names, track names, etc...

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2015, 10:41:30 PM »
Would it be possible to get a proposed "table of contents" for some of the upcoming books?  Obviously page numbers would not be included, but it would allow us to fill in a lot of the blanks for you.  Something along the lines of class names, track names, etc...

Not really. Things never progressed that far.

Regitnui

• Elite
  • Father of the Four
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2015, 03:08:23 AM »
We can put all of this together in an 'unearthed arcana'-type book when they've been threshed through the homebrew devs
Sebrica - The House of Corners
A Homebrew Campaign Setting