Author Topic: Path of War Disciplines as Tracks  (Read 15421 times)

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Path of War Disciplines as Tracks
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 08:32:29 PM »
Cursed Razor is up.  I've put an actual condition on cursed, rather than have it vary from instance to instance.

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 10:30:37 AM »
I like Cursed Razor a lot.

C1: "Any enemy dealt precision damage this way makes a Will save becomes [Cursed] for two rounds." Some phrasing goofiness there, obviously. Looks like maybe you were going back and forth between versions?

C2, would it read better as "The first time you attack a given [Cursed] creature in a turn..." ? I'm honestly not sure if that's more clear or not, what you have now might be as good as it gets. (It's a good ability, mind, I just get that it was hard to phrase it.)
"MY BLADE THIRSTS FOR MORE LEGEND." - Valixes

My homebrew.

Tenno Seremel

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Destiny is chain for the weak.
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 03:05:02 PM »
Veiled Moon

Sixth Circle - Anchoring Spirit: … Any attempt to [Teleport] to a square within your [Close] range fails unless you willingly allow it, although the user is aware of this before attempting to [Teleport].

Sounds pretty [Binding] to me.

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 08:00:06 PM »
I like Cursed Razor a lot.

C1: "Any enemy dealt precision damage this way makes a Will save becomes [Cursed] for two rounds." Some phrasing goofiness there, obviously. Looks like maybe you were going back and forth between versions?

Yeah...  there was one point where the Cursed status did nothing and your attacks just inflicted Cursed. Didn't like that. Added the 'or'.

C2, would it read better as "The first time you attack a given [Cursed] creature in a turn..." ? I'm honestly not sure if that's more clear or not, what you have now might be as good as it gets. (It's a good ability, mind, I just get that it was hard to phrase it.)
Fix'd.

Veiled Moon

Sixth Circle - Anchoring Spirit: … Any attempt to [Teleport] to a square within your [Close] range fails unless you willingly allow it, although the user is aware of this before attempting to [Teleport].

Sounds pretty [Binding] to me.
Fix'd

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 11:54:30 PM »
Should define the Will save DC, then. I mean I assume it's 10 + 1/2 level + KOM but I think it's usually defined in-line just as general practice. 

My homebrew.

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2015, 10:56:01 AM »
Reading back, I just realized how limited your uses of Enduring Crane Strike are (1/[Encounter]/Circle). It would probably be okay to make it heal KDM + level instead, since at low levels you're only getting to use it once or twice a fight.

My homebrew.

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2015, 04:58:34 AM »
Hmm...  could I make it once per round?

Also, the DCs are either defined in the ability, or at the top of the track.  If this isn't the case, can you point them out to me please?

Firewalk

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2015, 03:42:17 PM »
Very neat.

The main concern that jumped out is that Steel Serpent is rendered entirely powerless against an opponent with the By Will Sustained feat, unless I'm missing something. Not sure what you'd do to fix that, though. Maybe bonus damage when your [sickened] effect is negated, but that feels like specifying for a corner case.

Golden Lion C2 feels like it should expand its radius as you level, otherwise you're relying on everyone being in a small circle to use effectively, but that might be the point. C3 makes me feel wary just for having such a large untyped AC boost, even for a round. Other than that, I really like Golden Lion.

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2015, 05:06:22 PM »
Once per [Round] as level OR KDM is probably fine. Frankly I'd think it would be okay, with its limitations on Fury and [Precision], even at once/[Round] at KDM + Level (since it's only healing a single target until C4, contrast Force of Will which heals all within [Close] at C1 as a Move), but some other folks might want to weigh in on if that would be overpowered.

Totally missed that it was defined at top of the track. My bad.

My homebrew.

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2015, 01:30:55 AM »
Steel Serpent now [Poison]s enemies at 3rd circle if they do not sicken them.  This does not inflict the -2, but does carry all the fun stuff that the track provides.  Alternatively, I can make [Poison] a condition that does not stack with [Sicken] but gives the -2 penalty across the board.

Golden Lion C2 is a copy of Force of Will's C2 (Stitch in Time).  I can expand the effect if need be, but is Stitch in Time underpowered?  I could bump the action cost of C3 to standard, but, as you said, a one round per encounter effect...  Alternatively, I could reduce the range to [Close].  Dunno how much of an effect that would give.  Finally, I could give a flat bonus.  The original maneuver was +4.

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 12:36:56 AM »
So, for some reason, I thought By Will Sustained gave immunity to sickened at 5th level.  With the realization of this, Steel Serpent has been changed to accomadate this.

Golden Circle's C3 reaches +7 instead of +10.  If I drop it any lower, it would be a flat bonus.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 12:38:28 AM by chaos_redefined »

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2015, 03:21:32 AM »
Riven Hourglass is up.

Grue

• Monk
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Eye of Seeing Dungeon Delver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2015, 12:10:37 PM »
you missed an "if" in Break The Hourglass.

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2015, 10:29:32 PM »
Fixed.

Also, can someone who knows legend balance better than me look at Steel Serpent's 4th circle ability?  I don't know if the Nauseated stuff is fine.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 10:36:18 PM by chaos_redefined »

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2015, 12:39:21 AM »
Eternal Guardian is now up.