Author Topic: Incorporeal  (Read 12068 times)

Regitnui

• Elite
  • Father of the Four
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Incorporeal
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2015, 01:18:11 AM »
In that case...  level + KDM check.  +1 for each odd circle you possess in this track.

Or a skill check, if you guys can see any relevant skills that work here.  Stealth maybe?

It's more mental that physical. Perception or Bluff;  the former can identify the attack and phase out before it hits, the latter can be flavoured as the creature looking like it's still there but taking no damage. I would lean towards the first, given the current flavour.
Sebrica - The House of Corners
A Homebrew Campaign Setting

Knightsyde

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2015, 05:49:46 AM »
I sayttwe go with a level+wins+(lvl/4). It doesn't create major saves discrepancy or create a needed skill just to use a track. Although Tactical Insight does need several skills, or at least one skill one feat it fits the flavor subscribe and the DC' s are low. I myself cannot think of a skill that all ghostly types have, but most ghosts or intangible types do generally read as being perceptive/observant, and/or patient.

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2015, 09:32:08 AM »
I'd be fine with the lvl/4 bit instead of # of odd circles...  but I'd still say it should be KDM, not specifically wisdom.  (I'm assuming that wins = wis, and you typo'd, otherwise I got no idea)

Knightsyde

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2015, 12:00:25 AM »
Yeah it was a typo. I was posting early in the AM on no sleep. Sorry. KDM does fit better.

Regitnui

• Elite
  • Father of the Four
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2015, 03:18:03 AM »
So this is our first 'completed' AL track?

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2015, 04:25:56 AM »
First circle: Probably fine, but [Lesser Resistance] -> [Resistance] is meaningless at first level.  Also, is [Lesser Resistance]/[Resistance] at first circle too strong?

Second circle: Replace will save with lvl + KDM + lvl/4 check, and all is good.

Third circle: Fade Away needs to be invisibility or greater invisibility once you hit 5th circle.  Phase Shift is very strong for a third circle ability, easily bypassing Acrobatic Adept 5.  (Gives immunity to AoOs from movement and can avoid obstacles/opponents/etc...)  At least make it teleport instead of warp, so people can force AoOs by standing next to you.

Fourth circle: I believe we've fixed this.

Fifth circle: It looks like it wants a second option available...  and I kinda agree. 

Sixth circle: At-will non-standard save or sucks...  Two in a row.  Mystify, can I get your thoughts on this?  I'm not as good with high level as you are, but this seems worrying.

Seventh circle: I believe we've fixed this.

Knightsyde

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2015, 08:15:00 AM »
First circle: Probably fine, but [Lesser Resistance] -> [Resistance] is meaningless at first level.  Also, is [Lesser Resistance]/[Resistance] at first circle too strong?

Second circle: Replace will save with lvl + KDM + lvl/4 check, and all is good.

Third circle: Fade Away needs to be invisibility or greater invisibility once you hit 5th circle.  Phase Shift is very strong for a third circle ability, easily bypassing Acrobatic Adept 5.  (Gives immunity to AoOs from movement and can avoid obstacles/opponents/etc...)  At least make it teleport instead of warp, so people can force AoOs by standing next to you.

Fourth circle: I believe we've fixed this.

Fifth circle: It looks like it wants a second option available...  and I kinda agree. 

Sixth circle: At-will non-standard save or sucks...  Two in a row.  Mystify, can I get your thoughts on this?  I'm not as good with high level as you are, but this seems worrying.

Seventh circle: I believe we've fixed this.
C1 - Resistance is fine at 1st. Lesser resistance is not strong at first but it grows with the character so it should be fine.
C2 - Works just like acrobatic adept circle 2, but it also gains a bonus to Combat maneuver saves. I'd call it good. You also gain a standard action at will invisibility at this level.
C3 - invisibility is handled at C2. The way I read it  phase works on objects not creatures. Thus they are not immune to attacks or AoO.
C5 - I think just needs to lose the pick one text and is fine as is IMO. You gain a teleport that has really good distance and the ability to inflict slow every round just by moving past opponents in addition to damaging them. I call it good myself.
C6 - Fine as is as you have to come out of fade to use both, losing fade costs you most of your abilities from this track. If you want to keep fade you will be using a swift to regain it and as you have already cost yourself a move action already this round it limits what you can do. As its a gamble, a two round set up, or costs resources (a way to gain extra swifts and a way to convert swifts into moves) I think that it's fine. Also they are fear effects which are powerful but have several effective counters that exist in the game already.

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2015, 09:16:09 AM »
I was reading the New Text version.

Knightsyde

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2015, 10:30:24 AM »
So was I. I considered the new text to be additions to the old not replacements. As such I used both in my evaluation.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2015, 10:33:27 AM »
I am pretty sure the new text was replacements
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Knightsyde

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2015, 01:09:28 PM »
If that's the case C5 - needs its teleport back and another option.
Everything else seems essentially fine. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Regitnui

• Elite
  • Father of the Four
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2015, 01:17:11 PM »
Can we get a revised version of this track put together for evaluation that includes our changes.